MomoCon 2019: Events & Editors' Dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon 2019: Events & Editors' Dinner

Post by Kireblue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello Everyone. I'm now starting the thread for MomoCon's 2019 AMV Events & Editor's dinner. The dinner will be held at Stats Sports Bar located about 2 blocks from the convention in downtown Atlanta. Its a great location, the price of the food is reasonable, and has something on the menu for everyone. Please message me if you'll be in attendance |:>

We'll also have a "Editors' Social" that will take place in in the MomoCon suite at the Omni hotel on Thursday evening. We'll provide games, free food, refreshments, and snacks. Some of the games I plan on bringing are:
Jackbox
Tichu
Love Letter (Adventure Time Version)
Coup
Codenames
DropMix
Cartoon Network Crossover Crisis
Werewolf
New Salem
Super PACS!
Exploding Kittens
Bang!
Reservation Information *Note: The restaurant has informed me that for very large groups, they are unable to split the bill separately for each individual person. But to compromise, they are able to split the bill by tables. So with this in mind, it is highly encouraged for everyone to bring cash to pay for what they order. Judging by their menu, $15-20 should be more than enough to cover any of the meals and a tip.[/list]

Editors in Attendance
  1. Kireblue
  2. Mycathatesyou
  3. Sean.PNG
  4. Troubleclef
  5. l33tmeatwad
  6. pwcagal272
  7. Shin
  8. Xophilarus
  9. shorisquared
  10. PaNTSU oF d00m
  11. Pikapwn
  12. Celia Phantomhive
  13. BioticAMVs
  14. Inan
  15. BecauseImBored1
  16. EnQuatre
  17. StarTrinity009
  18. MadMegatax
  19. Maboroshi Studio
  20. MomtoCutie Pia
  21. That's So Pia
  22. PieandBeer
  23. VicBond007
  24. Amanda
  25. Kirbygal
  26. Glitzer
  27. Obsidian Zero
  28. Lord Rae
  29. Eturneasage
  30. Ileia
  31. Kitsuner
  32. Phlashbak (+1)
  33. NATALEO
  34. Angelic Daze Cosplay
  35. Opner
  36. Espresso Yourself
  37. Sinzwim
  38. TwigglyFiggly
  39. UnluckyArtist
  40. ContestChar (+1)
______
Events & Panels

AMV & V-MIX Competition
Original Thread
Kireblue wrote:I'm pleased to announce that MomoCon is now accepting entries for it's 2019 AMV & V-MIX Competition!
Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST. Each AMV Contest finalist will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2019, and the winner of each category will receive a trophy and $75 Cash Prize. We're also giving $100 to the Coordinator's Choice Award winner, and $500 to the Director's Choice Award winner.

MomoCon's AMV Contest welcomes submissions from all forms of animation. We also have a separate V-MIX (Video Remix) Competition for Live Action submissions, Cosplay Music Videos, and animated music videos that would either be ineligible or doesn't fit into an AMV Contest category. V-MIX Competition winners will receive an award and a free membership to next year's convention (MomoCon 2020).

2019 AMV & V-MIX Submission Form

Iron Editor
  • A competition where participants edit for 2 hours with pre-selected footage that match the 2019 convention theme of "Cyberpunk: Yesterday's city of today, because tomorrow is soon". 2 editors to compete at a time, and the winner is decided by our panel of judges and specially selected audience members. A playlist of last year's videos can be found here. If you're interested in competing against the current champion BioticAMVs, please contact me (the sooner the better).

Last year's AMV Arena Winner: BioticAMVs
    Theme: Classic Movie Monsters
AMVs on Stage: Live Performance AMV Concert
Original Thread
Kireblue wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:20 pm
MomoCon is pleased to announce that our AMVs on Stage: Live Performance Concert will be returning for 2019! This year, we'll be working with YouTubers Caleb Hyles, Adrisaurus (Adriana Figueroa), FamilyJules, OR3O and DAGames to showcase videos edited specifically for the event, and accompany them with music performed live on our concert stage. And so we're putting out a open call for editors to create new and exciting AMVs for it. Anyone selected to have their videos showcased will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2019!
_
Submission Deadline: May 6th
Concert Date: May 24

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2019: Events & Editors' Dinner

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 am

Hey everyone, there are a few editor gatherings that we're currently planning, and so feel free to let me know if you're interested in an of them

World of Coca-Cola Visit
When: Wednesday Morning (5/22)
Where: 121 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Price: $17

Georgia Aquarium Visit
When: Wednesday Afternoon (5/22)
Where: 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Price: $32

Detective Pikachu Movie Showing
When: Wednesday @ 9:50 PM (5/22)
Where: Regal Cinemas Atlantic Station 18
261 19th St NW #1250, Atlanta, GA 30363
Price: $14

Aladdin Movie Showing
When: TBD
Where: Regal Cinemas Atlantic Station 18
261 19th St NW #1250, Atlanta, GA 30363
Price: $14

Sinzwim
Org Profile

Post by Sinzwim » Sun May 05, 2019 2:34 pm

I would like to RSVP for the events please!

ContestChar
Org Profile

Post by ContestChar » Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am

Hey! If there are still spots for the dinner on Friday I would like to RSVP for it. May have a +1 if thats cool if not no worries!

Trying my best to get to the social after work on Thursday too! I look forward to it

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue May 21, 2019 2:55 pm

ContestChar wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am
Hey! If there are still spots for the dinner on Friday I would like to RSVP for it. May have a +1 if thats cool if not no worries!

Trying my best to get to the social after work on Thursday too! I look forward to it
Sure! Just added you :up: :D

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm

If anyone needs help getting to the social feel free to text 7249898494
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Return to “Anime Conventions”