Last Light

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Last Light

Post by Kireblue » Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 pm

This video was a really good setup. Although the colors of the Akira scenes were definitely different than that of the other 2 anime, the scene selection really tied it all together. I actually wish that it was longer and told some kind of epic story. Great Job :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm

This was a very well-made crossover, nice job weaving these sources together.

I was left wanting more, has an "intro" kind of feeling to it, the door feels open at the end for...something.

JustKhalid
Org Profile

Post by JustKhalid » Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 am

Kireblue wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 pm
This video was a really good setup. Although the colors of the Akira scenes were definitely different than that of the other 2 anime, the scene selection really tied it all together. I actually wish that it was longer and told some kind of epic story. Great Job :up:
Thank you! So the song kinda limited me for going further with the story, but I did have more plan for this concept. And you're right about the colours, it's still something I don't know how to deal with. I'll work on improving on it.

JustKhalid
Org Profile

Post by JustKhalid » Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 am

seasons wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm
This was a very well-made crossover, nice job weaving these sources together.

I was left wanting more, has an "intro" kind of feeling to it, the door feels open at the end for...something.
Thanks! I think you're right about it having the feel of an "intro". I did have more planned for this concept but the song limited me from going further, So I settled with what I've got.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 am

Yeah, I was going to say that it’s not really fair for me to ask for anything more than what’s here. That’s the end of the song. The video is finished. There’s no way to build on it except to just introduce a whole new piece of music after the first song ends, and then it’s suddenly a completely different AMV, one I may or may not like as much as this one and one that’s very different from your original idea.

Anyway, like I said, I really like what’s here.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon May 20, 2019 10:41 am

Cool stuff, i like the story and edit
Still better than that MMO.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 pm

I was really skeptical about the mix of anime here, specifically your inclusion of Akira, but you made it all work spectacularly. This was good stuff, it left me wanting more.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”