AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (It's Over!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (Finalists Posted!)

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 pm

2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Re: Finalists and categories!

Post by MadMegatax » Mon May 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Congrats to the finalists! Also...
Scintilla wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 pm
Spoiler :
MadMegatax
MadMegatax again

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 pm

I totally forgot to enter.

Opner
Org Profile

Post by Opner » Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 am

Rider4Z wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 pm
I totally forgot to enter.
Thank you for giving us a chance.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 am

Opner wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 am

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 am
Opner wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 am
Quoted Image converted to link:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/bx1hwX5TFqfO8/giphy.gif
1st place for gif usage goes to Rider4Z
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

So it turns out that our slate of non-finalists clocks in at just over 3 hours this year, which means we can afford to play everyone's videos both on Friday and on Saturday. As usual, we'll be going in alphabetical order by video title, but one peculiarity this year is that the Saturday non-finalists will be split into morning and afternoon sessions (as I mentioned in my e-mail from May 16). We did get one request for a video to be played in the Saturday morning block, but as it turns out, that's where it fell in the alphabetical order anyway. So here is the play order for Saturday (Friday is the same but all in one big 3-hour block):

MORNING
Spoiler :
2B:Free
Acrimony
Angel of Death
Banri's Still Got It
Black Rover
Brotherhood
Bullet From Uranus
D E S T R U C T
Dancing With The Moonlight
Destined
Didney's Pingoos
Educonda
Everything Re:Starts
Fight Like A Hero
Fight Song
First Cut
Free! - Shape of you
genesis:LOCK
Give It Up
Guiding Light
How’s It Go Again?
I Love You
Kobayashi_Adventure!
KonoSuba Rhapsody
Lament of the Lo(ne)li Demon Lord
Line of Sight
Lost and Found
AFTERNOON
Spoiler :
Love Live! School 80s Project
Maple Leaves
Mio goes Panasonic
My Book - Sakura
Never Alone
Not a Hero
Once and For All
Our Shining Star
Persevere
Persona Q3: Labyrinth Phantasm
Phantom Bustin'
Rising Tide
Saved My Life
Science & Magic
Somebody Told Me x Ranma
Sunflower
Tamako Lives Forever
The Chilling Adventures of Kyouka Izumi
The Final Dance
the force awakens
The Greatest Show
The Human Condition Part 1
The Human Condition Part 3
Tides of Time
To Be A Host
Volitation
Volleyball
Once again, the non-finalist blocks will all be shown in our AMV Theatre (room 318), at these times:

Friday, 3:15 - 6:15 P.M.
Saturday, 10:00 - 11:30 A.M.
Saturday, 2:30 - 4:00 P.M.

Stay tuned for more updates about all our other exciting new AMV events!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Just because I'm in a state of last-minute frazzle doesn't mean I can't give you that additional update I promised. So here it is, all the other AMV events at AnimeNEXT 2019 that have nothing to do with the contest! Listed in chronological order.

Awesome Mix, Vol. 3: AMV Edition (Friday, 11:30A - 12:30P, AMV Theatre 318)
If Star-Lord watched anime music videos, these would be his favorites. This playlist is full of hidden gems from the late 70s and early 80s. Break out your Walkman and join us!

The Cure for the Common AMV (Friday, 12:45P - 1:45P, AMV Theatre 318)
Tired of the “same old, same old” in anime music videos? Then this is the panel for you, as Scintilla and Mango share some recent videos that show that the AMV community is still pushing the envelope with fresh concepts every year.

15 Years in (AMV) Hell (Friday, 2:00P - 3:00P, AMV Theatre 318)
Welcome to Hell! The original AMV Hell spawned a whole new genre, busting guts and splitting sides of anime fans everywhere. We're here to show off some of the best of the genre from the past 15 years, for an hour of comedy distilled to dangerous concentrations.

AMV Sing-Along AFTER DARK (Friday, 9:45P - 10:45P, AMV Theatre 318)
Can't get enough of AMV sing-alongs, but wish they were a little less tame? You're in luck! The After Dark playlist contains videos that would be rated PG-13 or higher for profanity and violence, for fans who like it that way (you know who you are).

The AMV Panel (There Is No Other) (Saturday, 4:15P - 5:15P, AMV Theatre 318)
Scintilla, Cyanna, MadMegatax, and Mango will be on hand to answer all of YOUR questions about the art of Anime Music Videos. We'll discuss the creative process, the state of the AMV community in 2019, and whatever else you've always wanted to know about AMVs.

The Magical Girl Hour (Saturday, 5:30P - 6:30P, AMV Theatre 318)
From Sailor Moon to Madoka Magica, come join us for some amazing AMVs from some well-loved Magical Girl shows. For the Future of the Earth, Stop On By ~nya!

Romance AMVs (Saturday, 6:45P - 7:45P, AMV Theatre 318)
Love (and heartbreak) is in the air! Join Mango for an hour of AMVs that are sure to make your heart go doki-doki.

Dance Under the AMVs (Saturday, 10:00P - 12:00A, Panel Room 304)
From DNCE to YMCA, we're playing all your favorites, in this two-hour block free of chairs and full of upbeat AMVs that just make you want to dance. Come on out and show us your hottest moves!

Chocolate Frosted Nostalgia Bombs (Sunday, 10:15A - 11:15A, AMV Theatre 318)
An hour of love letters to the fandom in AMV form, full of videos that just put a smile on your face. Put on your rose-colored glasses and let the simpler, happier times roll!

AMV Sing-Along! (Sunday, 1:45P - 2:45P, AMV Theatre 318)
Enjoy watching great videos and singing? Come join us in a group sing-along! An hour of anime music videos with catchy, singable music, all with karaoke-style captions.
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Non-contest block playlists

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 pm

In this post are the playlists for all non-contest blocks. Since there are so many and I don't want to stretch the page unnecessarily, please click the "spoiler" buttons to expand each block.

Awesome Mix, Vol. 3: AMV Edition (Bill) The Cure for the Common AMV (Scintilla/Mango) 15 Years in (AMV) Hell (Scintilla) AMV Sing-Along AFTER DARK (Amy/Scintilla) The Magical Girl Hour (Mango) Romance AMVs (Mango)
Spoiler :

【冰菓/误解/剧情联动/AMV】葬爱 (we can't find this one anywhere other than Bilibili)

Dance Under the AMVs (Scintilla)
NOTE: unlike the other blocks, these are NOT listed in play order, since I didn't record the actual play order, since I was spinning everything live.
Spoiler :

"Twitterpated" by The Wired Knight (not available anywhere online)

Chocolate Frosted Nostalgia Bombs (Scintilla) AMV Sing-Along! (Amy/Scintilla)
Last edited by Scintilla on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Contest playlists

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 pm

PRESHOW
Spoiler :

(That last one was noncompeting as per our contest rules due to being original animation, but it was so good I had to make sure it got played.)

FINALISTS

Trailer/Parody
(Runner-up) Obsidian Zero - Manly Manly Models - Zoolander trailer - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (TV), various others
(WINNER, 37.4% of the vote) Maboroshi Studio - Plus Ultra Bodywash - Old Spice commercials - My Hero Academia
shorisquared - Light Music Rhapsody - Bohemian Rhapsody trailer - K-On!
drewaconclusion - Bebe Doo, Where Are You! - "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" by Larry Marks - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Pikapwn - My Clean Academia - OxiClean commercials - My Hero Academia
Kireblue - Madoka And The Nutcracker Witch - The Nutcracker and the Four Realms trailer - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
(WINNER Coordinator's Choice) Nekokitkat - Kingdom Parks - Walt Disney World resorts commercial featuring Nicolas Dromard - Kingdom Hearts game series

Romance/Sentimental
(Runner-up) Opner - Chihiro In Wonderland - "C'mon" by Panic! at the Disco and fun. - Spirited Away
Rei-chan - Letting Go - "Happier" by Marshmello ft. Bastille - Orange, Orange: Mirai
Kirbygal - Queen Anne's Lace - "Love Love Love" by Of Monsters and Men - Bloom Into You
VideoBeats - You Make Me Smile - "Passionfruit" by Joe Villano - Tamako Market, Tamako Love Story
(WINNER, 43.8% of the vote) Glitzer - Happy Little Clouds - "Bob Ross Remixed" by Melodysheep - Various

Action
(Runner-up) Tigrin - Victory Through Persistence - "Champion" by Fall Out Boy - My Hero Academia
Pikapwn - The Deciding Moment - "Seki-ray" by Gackt - Haikyu!!, Ace of Diamond, Kuroko's Basketball
DopplerDo - New Kings - "New Kings" by Sleeping Wolf - My Hero Academia
(WINNER, 45.3% of the vote) BecauseImBored1 - Row Row Remix - "We Will Robot Rock You" by Daft Punk vs Queen DJ Hero - Gurren Lagann

Dramatic/Serious
blueshiftofdeath - Bring You With Me - "Learn to Let Go" by Kesha - Revolutionary Girl Utena
BioticAMVs - Parallel - "Restless Soul" by Flor - Violet Evergarden
AllegoriestAMVs - Midas - "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" by Florence + The Machine - Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni)
shorisquared - Circuit Tree - "Willow Tree March" by the Paper Kites - Metropolis
ProjectTwinsAMV - Scums Promises - "Promises I Can't Keep" by Mike Shinoda - Scum's Wish
(WINNER, 28.3% of the vote) Nekokitkat - Halo - "Halo" by J2 featuring I.Am.Willow - Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
(Runner-up) Xophilarus (Pixelblended Studios) - Weaving Wounds - "Under the Knife" (accoustic) by Icon for Hire - March Comes In Like a Lion

Artistic
drewaconclusion - Pachyderm Panic - "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo (1941) - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
(Runner-up) mtagstyle - Bury A Friend - "Bury A Friend" by Billie Eilish - Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Tokyo Ghoul Re
(WINNER, 41.5% of the vote) Spartan Media Productions - Art Of The Mind - "Somebody That I Used To Know Back In The 80s…" by TRONICBOX (remix of Gotye) - Various

Fun/Upbeat
MadMegatax - Ultimate GameGrl - "GameGrl (Original 1993 Mix)" by Michael Guy Bowman (feat. Tavia Morra, Erik Scheele) - Danganronpa, various others
Dragonrider1227 - The hero we need - "Captain Underpants Theme Song" by "Weird Al" Yankovic - Astro Boy
(WINNER, 38.0% of the vote) PaNTSU oF d00m - Undeadman Zombieland - "The Greatest Show" from The Greatest Showman - Zombieland Saga
Zeeruy - Can You Do This - "Can You Do This" by Aloe Blacc - Death Parade
MadMegatax - The Greatest Revue - "The Greatest Show" by Panic! at the Disco - Revue Starlight
(Runner-up) BecauseImBored1 - The Ouran Side - "The Other Side" from The Greatest Showman - Ouran High School Host Club

Comedy
AquaSorceress - The Ouran Book Report - “The Book Report” from You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown - Ouran High School Host Club, various others
(WINNER, 44.2% of the vote) Maboroshi Studio - It's Easy Mmmkay - "It's Easy Mmmkay" from South Park - My Hero Academia
(Runner-up) PaNTSU oF d00m - Literary Love - "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from The Lion King - Daily Lives of High School Boys

A thank you to Shorisquared, whose playlist greatly facilitated finding links for the frustratingly large number of videos that weren't listed on A-M-V.org.
Last edited by Scintilla on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”