2019 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Forum rules
If there are videos that you'd like to nominate, you can use these topics to post links to their catalog entries or embed a youtube link of them.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

2019 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Q: What are the VCAs (Viewer Choice Awards)?

The AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards is an annual opportunity to recognize and acknowledge the videos that stand out above and beyond the rest. It is a way for everyone who enjoys anime music videos here to say “Thank you” to the ones who went out of their way to put that extra effort of creating a video that is really exceptional. And so every year, we let members vote on what videos they thought were the very best from the previous year. There are awards for Best Action, Editor of the Year, Best MEP, and quite a few more! If you want to see what has won in previous years you can go here and click through the years!
Hello everyone. It's that time again! The 2019 A-M-V.org Viewers Choice Awards are about to begin! We're continuing and improving on the changes that we made last year, but if you need a refresher, here's a list of the major differences from previous VCAs.
  • *All videos that premiered online in 2018 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org).

*Voting will be conducted using google form verification, and will be open to both A-M-V.org members and non-members.

*Nomination threads will be created for each category, and every eligible video that gets posted will be added to the corresponding voting pool for round 1. Note: If I feel that a nominated video fits into multiple categories, I'll add it to the voting pool for those categories as well.

*Videos that use non Japanese animation will be allowed to participate in the VCAs as long as they adhere to "the spirit of Japanese animation". Moderators will serve as a final say as to what content qualifies, and so we won't be making a comprehensive list of what's allowed and what isn't. But RWBY, Samurai Jack, Avatar, Korra, and various Video Game Cinematics have already been approved.

*The top 6-8 videos voted on by the community will automatically move on the the 2nd round of voting. Moderators will then select an additional 4-6 videos to be added as well.

*After the 2nd round of voting, the top 4-6 videos voted on by the community will move on to the final round of voting.

VCA Schedule
Nominations: 02/15/2018 - 02/27/2018
Round 1 Voting: 03/1/2018 - 03/11/2018
Round 2 Voting: 03/16/2018 - 03/27/2018
Final Round Voting: 03/29/2018 - 04/08/2018

All rounds will end on the scheduled day at 11:59pm EST.

If you have questions about any of these changes, feel free to ask them in this thread.

EpicMango
Org Profile

Re: 2019 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by EpicMango » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm

How do we vote exactly?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:24 pm

EpicMango wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm
How do we vote exactly?
Right now users are nominating videos. You have until February 27 to do so. Voting will come next after this round is done.

Just click any of the links above in Kireblue's post to be taken to the thread for that category. Check the list in the first post of that thread to see if your favorite AMV for that category has already been nominated by someone else. If it hasn't, just reply in that thread with a link to it on YouTube or here on the Org (if there's an entry for it) and it will be added to the list of nominations for that category.

The first round of voting on the nominated AMVs will then start on March 1.

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks. I'll watch a bunch of them see which ones I like the most

AllySantra
Org Profile

Post by AllySantra » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Super stoked to see things have kicked off already! Can't wait to watch them all. Best of luck to everyone competing. :D <3

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:29 am

To make searching for videos easier, I added links in the nomination threads that'll take you to filtered search pages for A-M-V.org and AMVNEWs.ru The link to the Org Catalog is also filtered by year |:>

Here's what it looks like for
Best Character Profile

_Search A-M-V.org Catalog
__Image

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am

I just noticed that 2018's results are still not up and not linked to from the main VCAs page:
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2018/
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca

kuruta
Org Profile

Post by kuruta » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Why not diference psychedelic and horror? This categories are really diferent in essence.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 am

Scintilla wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am
I just noticed that 2018's results are still not up and not linked to from the main VCAs page:
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2018/
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca
We're working it.I finally finished cataloging all the winning videos that weren't available on the org, and so I hope to have it updated before the start if voting.

Return to “2019 Viewers' Choice Awards”