Connecticon 2018 FMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
chibified
Org Profile

Connecticon 2018 FMV Contest

Post by chibified » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:37 am

Posting here as posting on Facebook and contacting the convention directly gets me absolutely nowhere.

I won one of the awards at the contest last year and when I went to ask about my prize I was informed that because only two of the entrants said they'd be at the con, they didn't bring the gift cards and would email us later. Keep in mind I had won a few years ago and was given a trophy so I was a little disappointed that it was going to be a gift card now, but whatever a prize is a prize. Three days after the con I received an email claiming they would mail the gift card to me within SIX MONTHS.

SIX. MONTHS.

A gift card. Not a trophy or a plaque or something requiring that much time, but a simple gift card. I was confused because... I mean, SIX. MONTHS. But whatever, I'll wait.

In the interim I moved, so I emailed the coordinator to update them. I got no response.

January rolls around. I post on facebook asking what's up, email them. No response. I finally send an email through the website for Matt Daigle himself to respond saying they were waiting for one winner's address and everyone was on holiday so they would send them out later. I again asked if anyone had updated MY address to... well, you guessed it, no response. Why the couldn't send out gift cards to the people they HAD addresses for baffles me, but what can you do.

Now it's mid February. No communication. No gift card. Almost 8 FULL MONTHS after the convention. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

I highly recommend that any editors considering entering this year just don't. There's no point to it. You won't receive accolades or any sort of prize and the communication is a joke. Maybe I'll get a response after this because I can't be ignored but, again. EIGHT MONTHS FOR A GIFT CARD, WHAT THE ABSOLUTE HELL.

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Re: Connecticon 2018 FMV Contest

Post by Xophilarus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:13 pm

So sorry to hear they still do this. I won BiS and Best Drama and 2015, never recieved what they promised (which was several hundren lol). So yeah, def dont enter in the future peeps. They just seem to know prize monies sound good, so they just use that to get people to enter and unfortunately, its worked. I hopw they come through for you at some point but yeah its unlikely :/

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Haha yeah, I won Drama and Editing and I still haven't seen anything. I've emailed them about once every three weeks, but they only reply every three months with the vaguest possible info back. I don't know if I'll enter again.

8+ months and counting. Wat.

PantsAMV
Org Profile

Post by PantsAMV » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 am

Same but action

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Post by MadMegatax » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 am

same but romance 🤐

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 am

wow. With so many people saying that they haven't received their award/ prizes from as far back as 2015, I'm debating if I should blacklist them from promoting their contest on the org.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:53 pm

I got my prize from last year... didn't realize they had such a bad track record.
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks for the warning guys :up:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Having run this contest in the past, I gotta say... stay away from it. It's not worth the headaches.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”