So... no old AMV?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
soske_fan_2004
Org Profile

So... no old AMV?

Post by soske_fan_2004 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Registered only to create this topic. I was looking all around for old naruto amvs. Like, real old, pre 2010, around 2005 even. I had a friend download me a bunch of amvs back in 2009 I think, those were good times, recently I felt a little nostalgic and started looking for those videos from the past. As I soon found out, the majority of those old amvs I watched in 2009 were actually old even at that time, they were mostly made in 2004-2005. A lot of those even had that old school looking "blue background / white font" thing from the Moviemaker, if I remember correctly : )
So I found about 5 familiar amvs on youtube, took a lot of grinding through post-2010-tasteless-stuff. I also found those in better quality and a couple other amvs on some russian amv site, then I stumbled upon this site. From the name of the site I understand that this is the main hub for all AMV fans and makers on the internet, right? So when I searched for old naruto amvs here I was disappointed - I found "topics" with amvs where even the music is listed, but no actual videos, just a page of text. Were they deleted from the server in favour of more recent videos? If so, when does one find those old amvs then? Are they totally lost to us at this point?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: So... no old AMV?

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 am

We don't typically delete AMVs from the site, and so if you're looking for videos from a specific year, you can use the "Super Search" page to filter them by premiere date https://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/supersearch.php

When you go to the video information page for a specific video, you'll be able to find either a local or indirect download for most of the AMVs cataloged on the site.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Do you remember anything about the videos you're looking for? Music?

Naruto AMVs from 2003
Naruto AMVs from 2004
Naruto AMVs from 2005

You'll find a lot to look through here.

soske_fan_2004
Org Profile

Post by soske_fan_2004 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 am
We don't typically delete AMVs from the site, and so if you're looking for videos from a specific year, you can use the "Super Search" page to filter them by premiere date https://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/supersearch.php

When you go to the video information page for a specific video, you'll be able to find either a local or indirect download for most of the AMVs cataloged on the site.
Thanks, I'll try that.

soske_fan_2004
Org Profile

Post by soske_fan_2004 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm

seasons wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:41 pm
Do you remember anything about the videos you're looking for? Music?

Naruto AMVs from 2003
Naruto AMVs from 2004
Naruto AMVs from 2005

You'll find a lot to look through here.
Thank you, I'll look there as well. One I really wanted to find was this one: the music was Linkin Park's One Step Closer and the whole footage was from the first naruto movie, the one where they went to the snow country. The first scene of the amv was sasuke kicking a bad guy down from a tree in the winter woods : D I remember this quite well, but there wasn't any special editing to it, so I don't recon it won many awards or was wide spread, but it was the first one I ever watched. And the second one was Linkin Park - Forgotten and the video was mostly about Neji and covered his fight with Naruto during the chuunin exam. I'd be glad if something I mentioned awakes any memories in anybody, though I don't have high hopes : D

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 am

soske_fan_2004 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm
the second one was Linkin Park - Forgotten and the video was mostly about Neji and covered his fight with Naruto during the chuunin exam.
Could it be this?

There are others but that's the one that stands out.

Having some trouble finding results here for the first video you mentioned, it's possible that it never had a home here.

soske_fan_2004
Org Profile

Post by soske_fan_2004 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 am

seasons wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 am
Could it be this?
Wow, seems like it actually IS this one, thank you : D
seasons wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 am
Having some trouble finding results here for the first video you mentioned, it's possible that it never had a home here.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Thanks a lot for the effort anyway

Return to “General AMV”