Fate Stay Night-(Don't Kill My Vibe)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Fate Stay Night-(Don't Kill My Vibe)

Post by vkamv » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Visual/Audio: The visual quality seemed pretty low for 1080p. Not very crisp or clean, especially for a source like this which has very crisp and clean animation. I enjoyed a lot of the effects you used here, and also found a few of them to be a bit cheap looking (like the effect used at 0:26). Your scene selection was also an interesting mix. I was particularly surprised in the start at the scenes you chose. Very cinematic and atmospheric, instead of action or angst. A nice change.

The song wasn’t bad. Felt a bit repetitive though and ran a bit long for my taste.

Synchronization: Your sync was pretty good. A nice mixture of external effects, internal sync, and cuts. I enjoyed the sequence of transitions you did at 1:30 – 1:38. You did a good job finding scenes within the actual anime to sync with the various sounds in the song.

Theme/Story: I didn’t really see any story or real theme here. After the first two minutes my interest began to wain a bit when the focused shifted towards action scenes. I did find it to be interesting overall though. Probably the most chill feeling action Fate AMV I’ve seen. :)

ASTROCADe
Org Profile

Post by ASTROCADe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:15 pm

vkamv wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm
Visual/Audio: The visual quality seemed pretty low for 1080p. Not very crisp or clean, especially for a source like this which has very crisp and clean animation. I enjoyed a lot of the effects you used here, and also found a few of them to be a bit cheap looking (like the effect used at 0:26). Your scene selection was also an interesting mix. I was particularly surprised in the start at the scenes you chose. Very cinematic and atmospheric, instead of action or angst. A nice change.

The song wasn’t bad. Felt a bit repetitive though and ran a bit long for my taste.

Synchronization: Your sync was pretty good. A nice mixture of external effects, internal sync, and cuts. I enjoyed the sequence of transitions you did at 1:30 – 1:38. You did a good job finding scenes within the actual anime to sync with the various sounds in the song.

Theme/Story: I didn’t really see any story or real theme here. After the first two minutes my interest began to wain a bit when the focused shifted towards action scenes. I did find it to be interesting overall though. Probably the most chill feeling action Fate AMV I’ve seen. :)

Well thanks for the feedback and in depth review. First and foremost I am an amateur among amateurs and I'm sure my equipment isn't the most sophisticated either, so that doesn't do me any justice. (I realize how noobish some of my videos must look) Although this is something I mainly do for fun I always strive to get better and surpass my limitations so I really appreciate the constructive criticism and I'll try to apply some of what you said here to any other videos I might use. Glad you got a chill vibe from it because that was the main point I wanted to express. When I watched the anime there was a lot of action but the atmosphere always felt a bit quiet, somber, and chill. I thought the action coupled with the chill/relaxed atmosphere would make for an interesting mix. Thanks again!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Well i think it feels pretty unique for fate vid, it's interesing chill vid i guess.
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:49 am

This video was really weird, the last thing I'd expect for this source. I welcome the concept, though.

Not sure how I feel about some of the transitions, which I'm not opposed to or anything like that, I just don't know how well they "work" with an anime like this.

Like most Fate AMVs, this just kind of descended into a huge fight where I couldn't really tell what was happening but knew I probably was never supposed to be following along anyway. I didn't mind watching this.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”