AMV League Season 5 News Thread - New Form for Requesting Scores!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League Season 5 News Thread - IF YOU HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED YOUR AMV LEAGUE PRIZE, CONTACT ME

Post by Pathos Prime » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 am

Ok, we officially 100% believe we have caught up on all AMV League prizes (apart from Anime North Texas, which I'm doing as soon as I get email confirmation from all winners). If you are still owed a prize and we have NOT sent it to you, PLEASE CONTACT US. Thanks <3

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League Season 5 News Thread - New Form for Requesting Scores!

Post by Pathos Prime » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:22 pm

http://amvleague.com/score-request.html

So if you want your AMV League scores, fill out that form, since PMs and emails seem to be getting lost or forgotten. I don't know why I didn't do this before.

CAVEAT: It SEEMS to work, but like everything else I shoddily frankencode, something probably broke that I don't know about, so let us know if you go TOO long without getting them.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:42 pm

Getting errors on the first request FYI. Why not give out the scores automatically after each contest? Just keep them in an excel file, collapse with a filter, and copy and paste?

Not to be a wet blanket, but I've been asking for feedback for a month and it ends with no replies after three requests, but a roundabout way of asking me to submit forms for each video? Wouldn't a CTRL+F in a master document for handles be easier? This just seems like so much process without a concrete promise of speed in return.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:16 pm

So here's the deal.

We haven't had time to do anything between con after con for the last couple months. We've got one more coming up in a couple weeks (Ohayocon) and then (unless we get some unexpected bookings) we're doin' nothin' til May. We're currently planning to catch up on a lot we haven't been able to do between cons and life in that hiatus, like send out prizes (yes, Yamacon winners, we are aware you haven't been paid yet) and scores.

The form makes it so when we DO have time to get scores out to people, we have a handy dandy convenient record all in one place of who needs scores, what videos they need scores for, and - also importantly - who asked first and has been waiting the longest?

We know everything has been a mess. The form will hopefully make things less of a mess in the future.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:53 am

So we know that you can't request scores for Ikkicon yet. That is a New Thing and I sort of forgot that I now have to update this every time too. Not that it ended up mattering because as it turns out the entire form was broken and didn't work anyway because I am in no way a professional web designer and I am making this aaaaaaall up as I go along.

We've got it fixed, we think, and we're planning on uploading the fixed form on Saturday, during the scheduled update announcing the results for Ohayocon. And both Ikkicon and Ohayocon should be on the list.

In the meantime, starting this Monday (once the fixed form is up and we're back from Ohio), send in all your score requests. We plan on getting a bunch of those tackled now that we've got a few weeks between events.

Return to “AMV Contests”