Kimi No Na Wa「 AMV 」 | COLLIDE

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Kimi No Na Wa「 AMV 」 | COLLIDE

Post by DiggerShelduck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:18 am

I hope you like it
and I love critiques

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Kimi No Na Wa「 AMV 」 | COLLIDE

Post by vkamv » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm

DiggerShelduck wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:18 am
I hope you like it
and I love critiques
Audio/Visual: Visually I found the quality to be excellent. Clean and crisp. Your choices of transitions and effects fit well as well. A nice variety of zooms, camera pans, twists, and exposure blurs. I did, however, think that the zoom at 1:09 was a bit too strong. The song had an excellent variety of slow and upbeat moments, and the lyrics went well with the anime source and theme you were going for.

Synchronization: I thought that the sync was pretty solid for the first two minutes. However, from 2:24 to 2:35 I felt some of the scenes were too long and could have been synced to the beat better. There’s a lot of different sound effects and the visuals didn’t really match them. Perhaps simply shorter scenes would have worked or match the cuts to the beat. I really liked the subtle sync work you did at 0:50 with the birds passing each other to match the lyrics “roads collide”.

Story/Theme: Overall, you did an excellent job fitting the visuals with the lyrics and conveying the theme of their two lives/worlds colliding with each other. Good scenes of them apart, together, and then seeking each other out.

Definitely enjoyed this more than your fight AMVs and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

DiggerShelduck
Org Profile

Post by DiggerShelduck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:51 pm

vkamv wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm
vkamv wrote:
DiggerShelduck wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:18 am
I hope you like it
and I love critiques
Audio/Visual: Visually I found the quality to be excellent. Clean and crisp. Your choices of transitions and effects fit well as well. A nice variety of zooms, camera pans, twists, and exposure blurs. I did, however, think that the zoom at 1:09 was a bit too strong. The song had an excellent variety of slow and upbeat moments, and the lyrics went well with the anime source and theme you were going for.

Synchronization: I thought that the sync was pretty solid for the first two minutes. However, from 2:24 to 2:35 I felt some of the scenes were too long and could have been synced to the beat better. There’s a lot of different sound effects and the visuals didn’t really match them. Perhaps simply shorter scenes would have worked or match the cuts to the beat. I really liked the subtle sync work you did at 0:50 with the birds passing each other to match the lyrics “roads collide”.

Story/Theme: Overall, you did an excellent job fitting the visuals with the lyrics and conveying the theme of their two lives/worlds colliding with each other. Good scenes of them apart, together, and then seeking each other out.

Definitely enjoyed this more than your fight AMVs and I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Thank you so much for watching and writing an elaborate review.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:09 am

I liked the parts where the song slowed down, but when the song picked up, it felt like the scenes were being left behind. I think that you could have capitalized on the sound effects and beats of the song a lot more. I also feel that there are times where the song has really big shifts in it, but you didn't have shifts in your scene selection to mirror that. I think that this guide does a really good job at explaining how to flow between different segments of your song https://youtu.be/J5Jjxb6Lw7s

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”