Anime USA 2018 AMV Contest Results Posted! Message #3!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2018 AMV Rules Posted and Submissions CLOSED!

Post by Studio Hawk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Hola! Any news on finalists?

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm

None yet, we are working through it I will tell you all that this year we have received more videos than the last four years! I am stoked but we have lots to go through thanks to you all GREAT Editors... I am talking over 80 videos! YOU GUYS ROCK and are making us work hard with all these GREAT videos... can we say it's damn hard to choose!

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director
Freki
Jon Webb

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 pm

I checked the schedule for the AMV Room on Guidebook, and there's a couple of things that I want to mention:

1. Noticed a lot of Showcases on the schedule. Are there still some items that need to be filled out on the schedule in place for most of them (with the current schedule being a work in progress), or were there just that many people submitting specific themed-screenings this year (if that was the case, then I should have pitched one screening idea that I've been interested in doing at Anime USA, especially with a couple of great videos coming out this year that fit the theme).

2. Seeing the time for the AMV Contest Round Table (late Sunday morning) has me going :uhoh: because, as much as I want to take part in it, between how I usually carpool to the convention each day instead of staying onsite (hence why I usually only attend cons on Friday and Saturday) and the possibility that I'll be doing something with my family that Sunday (not sure if it will be that Sunday or the following weekend, but the plan is to celebrate my niece's birthday), it's likely I won't be able to make that event . :cry:

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 pm

@tnadct1: I understand I was trying to place a few things here and there and give people a reason to come on sunday :) and for the awards too!!!!!! we love to hand people their awards if they win!!!

Showcases are AMVs showings we pace out, and honestly we got one Panel request this year. I always welcome editor run or attendee (non editor attendee) panels that are AMV related, even if it's your personal top 10, or things like that. Please feel free to request one or two next year, I'd LOVE to have more panels than Showcases any time! :) I have yet to refuse a panel.

I was trying to think of what I could do to keep the attendance on sunday up for the awards :) I know sunday many people don't attend but that's a shame there are some good panels to attend, and it also is why I don't put the awards at the "VERY" end of the day on sunday.

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 am

Can't wait to see what makes it in!
ImageImage

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:51 am

Finalists will be posted by tomorrow evening. Sorry It's taken so long but lots of things are happening IRL.
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Everyone I have posted the finalists I can confirm, and will finish with horror tonight or tomorrow. I'm sorry it has taken so long but my staff has been besieged by two major storms (and the prep that comes with them) in the last month and a half (during the judging time frame) I thank you all for bearing with me on this and Horror will be listed within the next 24 to 36 hours and the one outstanding video in comedy will as well if it makes the finalist.

Check The second post for the finalists list and I will post when Horror is posted!

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Nice to see that I made the finals.

Two things to ask here:

1. Not enough AMV's for Upbeat and Live-Action this year (or is Upbeat still being decided on)?
2. Tohru seems to be listed twice in the Trailer section.

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:38 pm

@tnadct1..... I don't see the missing category what so ever... <snicker> ok my tired arse left it off the list i was using to post this. I've added it now. Also since I was randomizing the listing it well got copied twice. I apologize but it has been a whirl wind of things all over the place this last week! hehehe Upbeat was good and I forgot it and I copied Tohru twice when transposing this list. Live Action did not receive much love this year, and there will be something special for that category but not for voting. :)

Thanks for spotting it! It is always nice to see Editors smiling because they made the finalists :) To any Editor NOT on this list (except horror) you will get screen time WITH TITLE CARD! Just cant put 80+ videos in the contest showing!!!!! hehehehe Thank you ALL for your hard work!

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Aw yeah, Fun Time Orphanage made it! |:>

Return to “AMV Contests”