yKazari
Org Profile

(WIP) Untitled - Happy Sugar Life

Post by yKazari » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 am

Heres something I came up with today

Black spots are still missing clips

Any options?

Edit: If you want to see the stream it's here
Last edited by yKazari on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: (WIP) Untitled - Happy Sugar Life

Post by vkamv » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Audio/Visual: I thought that the overlay at the beginning throughout the first 30 seconds was a bit too repetitive and didn't have enough variance in it. Also I felt it was a bit too strong and could have been blended better. It looked like it was just placed it over the video with no adjustment. I liked the color tones you chose, and I think you did a good job of blending various scenes together. I particularly liked the effect you used at 0:29 - 0:30 The audio was good and I thought it fit the visuals.

Synchronization: I felt like for a song like this their should have been lot shorter scenes and quicker transitions. There were quite a few scenes that seemed to drag on too long and not really provide any impact. For example, from 0:16 to 0:19 felt very static and didn't fit the beat or pace of the song in that moment (in my humble opinion).

Story/Theme: I've never seen this anime so I can't tell if you were faithful to the original story or were creating your won twist on it. I did see and feel a common theme throughout the video, but I didn't really get a sense of a story but felt more like random scenes stitched together. Which isn't bad. I've made a few AMVs like that as well, mostly in the action category. Perhaps if I saw the anime your message to me would be clearer.

These are just my thoughts. I look forward to seeing your finished project.

yKazari
Org Profile

Post by yKazari » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 am

I been thinking of building it up just didn't do it at the time.

Ya I agree some parts I'm trying to get it so it's not to fast and has some sort of meaning. Ya that first clip was a placeholder should have turned it off before export.

Its a really strange show, its one of those shows that the name does not fit the theme at all. But I was trying to keep it some sort of relevance to the original story. Always trying to fix my habit of throwing a bunch of sense and they to have some sort of a storyline. I think the anime is worth the watch, you get hooked easily, Its on Prime and even YT sense it not Content IDed
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 am

My initial thought with this is that while you said you don't want it too fast because it will possibly lose meaning, it's too slow given the hip hop. That said, I'm not a hip hop fan, and I really have trouble grasping hip hop lyrics fast enough to see how they actually fit with the lyrics, even in English. Thus, normally, hip hop just becomes another kind of instrumental to me, with the voice as one more instrument. And when you consider it that way, the flow of the video just doesn't keep up.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Works in Progress”