Anime USA 2018 AMV Contest Results Posted! Message #3!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2018 AMV Rules Posted and Submissions CLOSED!

Post by Freki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 am

Due to Hurricane Florence I did not have a chance to close the submissions window till just a few minutes ago! if your entry has been submitted to me via the form before it was closed PLEASE know it is ACCEPTED to be judged. Even if it was submitted on 9/11/2018! If there are any questions regarding this, please contact me either via Email or other private communications. I will work to send confirmation Emails out through thursday and friday but this all depends on Hurricane Florence as I may have to BUG OUT and get some where safe before sending those EMAILS so do not fret. IF you have a video you want entered you can email me with the details of why you want it entered and I will make a judgement on if it can be or not. If you are interested in submitting it for a Showcase (non competing) it will be accepted. I thank you all for entering! and IF you are in the PATH of Florence I hope you are able to buckle down, hunker down and batten the hatches or get out of dodge early enough that you're good. Please protect yourself!

You all have made this year such an amazing year for entries I love you all!

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director
Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 am

One More thing!

IF any of you editors (no matter if you entered or not) plan on being at Anime USA, please let me know via Email I'd like to know you'll be there! If I can perhaps I can do a round table talking about contests and how you'd like to see things change or done and if possible I may be able to make changes. Also I want to know you are there so I can let everyone know you are there since you are truly the STARS of the AMV track!

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks for the update. Please stay safe from the storm!!

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:09 am

@Studio Hawk: You are welcome, and I will stay safe and i am prepping to bug out if this whole thing goes sideways and Florence takes a right turn and decide to hit us suddenly!!! I am working to get videos to the judges today and get us to the point that we will be able to announce finalists. HOW EVER I know some have submitted AWA PRO entries, I will make sure those that have informed me of this will not be damaged by ensuring their videos (if it is a finalist) is NOT announced till AFTER AWA is over.
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I have gone through and downloaded all that I could. I have a couple I am contacting the editors because I can not get the video and I have one video that was shared with me and I'm not sure if it has an entry. Do not worry all these will still be in the judging once everything is cleared up. I will work to send out acknowledgements tomorrow. If you have questions or concerns PLEASE email me and I will see what we can work out. :)

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Did you get a entry from me?

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Freki wrote:I have gone through and downloaded all that I could. I have a couple I am contacting the editors because I can not get the video and I have one video that was shared with me and I'm not sure if it has an entry.
If it's what I think it is (i.e. it was in the same share folder that I linked with the one entry of mine that is also in AWA Pro), that video is one that I plan to have for the Showcase (I was going to send a cleaned up version of it, but the version that was in the share folder is fine as well).

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:03 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:
Freki wrote:I have gone through and downloaded all that I could. I have a couple I am contacting the editors because I can not get the video and I have one video that was shared with me and I'm not sure if it has an entry.
If it's what I think it is (i.e. it was in the same share folder that I linked with the one entry of mine that is also in AWA Pro), that video is one that I plan to have for the Showcase (I was going to send a cleaned up version of it, but the version that was in the share folder is fine as well).
I'll check and contact you and see what is going on :) just with this storm on i'm juggling that, RL and judging. :)

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Cneq wrote:Did you get a entry from me?

I will look and contact you soon depending on how things fair with this storm coming in.

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am

Freki wrote:
Cneq wrote:Did you get a entry from me?
Alright thanks. I was really keen to join this contest since last year my AMV was rejected due to dubbed anime as my footage.

I was sure I already sent in a AMV for this one but when checking for a confirmation email there was nothing

I will look and contact you soon depending on how things fair with this storm coming in.

Freki
Jon Webb

Return to “AMV Contests”