Tips for AMV (Beta Test)

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

sasukechanx
Org Profile

Tips for AMV (Beta Test)

Post by sasukechanx » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:47 pm

I was just wondering if anyone would like to give me good feedback on an AMV that is finished but maybe could use some tweaking? Or maybe it looks good/bad? I appreciate any kind of opinion and feedback on what can I improve to this video. I recommend downloading the video & on full screen for the full experience. :asd:

Video: https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... p?v=204057
Category: Drama/Action
Anime: Kizumonogatari Movies
Song: Working For It
Artist: ZHU ft. Skrillex & THEY .
Creator: Sasukechanx

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Tips for AMV (Beta Test)

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:23 pm

The video looks pretty good to me. If I were to nit pick, It might look nice to add a quick blur on the destination clip after pan in at 0:39

Not really a fan of the transition at 0:55, but it doesn't look bad

I think that you could have capitalized a little more on the drop at 1:26 and gone directly into the fight at that moment. Moving the scene at 1:29 of shinoubu charging in to that point might work a little better

But as a whole, the video looks pretty solid. Nice Job :up:

sasukechanx
Org Profile

Post by sasukechanx » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Kireblue wrote:The video looks pretty good to me. If I were to nit pick, It might look nice to add a quick blur on the destination clip after pan in at 0:39

Not really a fan of the transition at 0:55, but it doesn't look bad

I think that you could have capitalized a little more on the drop at 1:26 and gone directly into the fight at that moment. Moving the scene at 1:29 of shinoubu charging in to that point might work a little better

But as a whole, the video looks pretty solid. Nice Job :up:
Thanks!! I'll look at the time points and revise it a little. :D

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:10 am

I liked the atmosphere of this a lot. I'm 100% biased when it comes to any Monogatari AMV (in good and bad ways), but parts of this made sense. I didn't understand the lyrics really, so I looked them up.

I agree with Kireblue about the transition at 0:55, except I think it does look a little bad (no offense), it doesn't fit with the rest of the cuts in my opinion.

For the first "I'll make you better" parts, I would've gone with Kizu 1, where Araragi gives Kiss-Shot his blood, and then cut the fight at the stadium from 1:15 ->, and yeah I would work on the drop a bit more to make the change in pace stronger. My favorite part is 1:40 "You want it all" with Kiss-Shot's lipsync.

I think with your style, and your talent to make use of Kizumonogatari's visual scenes, this has a lot more potential and would even work as a slightly longer video with more scenes. It feels to me like it ended too soon, but like I said, I am completely biased to the footage.

Still I enjoyed this, so even if you don't make any changes I will give it a thumbs up. :up: |:>

sasukechanx
Org Profile

Post by sasukechanx » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am

Cirera wrote:I liked the atmosphere of this a lot. I'm 100% biased when it comes to any Monogatari AMV (in good and bad ways), but parts of this made sense. I didn't understand the lyrics really, so I looked them up.

I agree with Kireblue about the transition at 0:55, except I think it does look a little bad (no offense), it doesn't fit with the rest of the cuts in my opinion.

For the first "I'll make you better" parts, I would've gone with Kizu 1, where Araragi gives Kiss-Shot his blood, and then cut the fight at the stadium from 1:15 ->, and yeah I would work on the drop a bit more to make the change in pace stronger. My favorite part is 1:40 "You want it all" with Kiss-Shot's lipsync.

I think with your style, and your talent to make use of Kizumonogatari's visual scenes, this has a lot more potential and would even work as a slightly longer video with more scenes. It feels to me like it ended too soon, but like I said, I am completely biased to the footage.

Still I enjoyed this, so even if you don't make any changes I will give it a thumbs up. :up: |:>
Thanks for your genuine feedback, I shall use your advice (and Erik's) to fix that one transition and I guess give it more of a "pump" going on or more impact for the fight scene. :mrgreen:

Return to “Works in Progress”