Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Finalists and Winners*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Pemblem
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by Pemblem » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:20 pm

The_McLaughlin wrote:I currently use Adobe CS5.5 though I'm building a new pc and may have to switch to Vegas... I've heard CS5.5 doesn't play nice with Windows 10... and I can't afford to constantly pay a $50 subscription fee for adobe creative cloud
Well I mean... HitFilm is free lol. Congrats on your new build tho, my old clunker could just barely handle it. I had to break my amv up into 4 separate projects just to keep the thing from crashing.

I’ve heard good things about Vegas and Adobe CS, you guys like them?

BrianDavis
Org Profile

Post by BrianDavis » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm using Vegas Pro 14 from the Humble Bundle too.

It crashed once or twice on Windows 10 out of more than 100 uses, so that seems pretty rare. Anything I didn't know how to do, I just looked at YouTube videos and was doing it within a few minutes.

Around the web you can usually find reasonable prices for legal copies of Vegas Pro. Especially when compared to Adobe Creative Cloud.

I don't know if it's any good, but right now Humble Bundle has Cyberlink Power Director 15 for $30 (bundled with other stuff too).

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Pemblem wrote:I’ve heard good things about Vegas and Adobe CS, you guys like them?
I have really liked Adobe CS unfortunately adobe moved from the creative suit model and went to creative cloud so unless you can find an old used version of CS 6 or earlier which I've so far found to be difficult as I thought about trying to get an old version of cs 6 in hopes that it may work better on windows 10. As far as right now goes I'm just gonna wrap up the projects on my old pc and fully uninstall CS 5.5 and try to install it and run it on the PC. This way if it doesn't work well I have all my old projects done and can just go to Vegas or try and get a used copy of CS 6 and see if it works better. Creative Cloud for the 3 programs I need is just too expensive and it's not just a fork up a large sum of cash and your good to go until you want a new copy which I'd rather do since I tend to use the programs for a few versions before I find I need to upgrade.

I have used Vegas a while back when it was still owned by SONY and not Magix. I haven't used it for quite a few versions now. But I think that's still my top choice if I can't get either CS 5.5 or a copy of CS 6 to work because, it's to my understanding at least, that Vegas still has some functions that Adobe After Effects has such as masking for example which a lot of free programs just don't have the function of. I might be one of the few who really hate the creative cloud option... I kind of wish they had the option of both I just don't make near enough money per month to use creative cloud especially when I only need 3 programs out of all the programs they give you. The deal itself is great if you use everything $50 a month for every adobe program always kept up to date for you... but when you only need Adobe Premier, After Effects, and on occasion Photoshop the $50 a month price point just isn't worth it.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:23 pm

I use CS6 on macOS, but I'd be using ORIGINAL Premiere 6.5 if if it still ran. I only went up to CS3 when it stopped working, I only went up to CS5 when CS3 stopped working, and now I hope to avoid CC for as long as possible. I don't like it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 pm

I mean I don't think I'd dislike CC... I haven't used it so I guess I wouldn't know first hand.... I just only make a little over $400 a week... so most of my money is already going to rent, food and gas... plus for health reasons I really need to get a gym membership which is another monthly fee at about the same price. I just can't justify the price point especially since I'm only going to really need 2 with an occasional use of a 3rd of the programs for CC. I just wish they had a stand alone version that maybe just didn't get updated unless you pay for the update, but they're not gonna do that so I guess I'll just have to make due with what I've got

TheLightMusicClub
Org Profile

Post by TheLightMusicClub » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Hoping the results come in soon. This is my first time entering an AMV contest so I'm excited to see how I do.

As for editors, since I learned everything at college on adobe CC, I continue to use those programs.

BrianDavis
Org Profile

Post by BrianDavis » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:55 pm

TheLightMusicClub wrote:Hoping the results come in soon. This is my first time entering an AMV contest so I'm excited to see how I do.
Me too. Hopefully we both make it into the main contest.

Pemblem
Org Profile

Post by Pemblem » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:27 am

Me too. I really want people to see mine

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:07 am

Even if you don't make the contest at the meet and greet we usually watch each others amvs. There is also the overload which shows some of the videos that didn't quite make the main contest... so it should still get played even if it is just at the meet and greet.

TheLightMusicClub
Org Profile

Post by TheLightMusicClub » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Won't be attending the con so I was just curious to know if it will get shown at all. Good to know most will regardless.

Return to “AMV Contests”