What do you classify this type of edit

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
supremeeditz
Org Profile

What do you classify this type of edit

Post by supremeeditz » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm

I have a question, obviously I know what amvs are. But what do you call the edits where they use real clips and edit them like amvs. Or what do you call those edits where they use video game clips, etc., and edit them with a lot of effects and such. I heard people call them, vine edits, instagram edits, and even fan edits. I just need the right classification. Thanks :rofl:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: What do you classify this type of edit

Post by Kionon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 pm

supremeeditz wrote:I have a question, obviously I know what amvs are. But what do you call the edits where they use real clips and edit them like amvs. Or what do you call those edits where they use video game clips, etc., and edit them with a lot of effects and such. I heard people call them, vine edits, instagram edits, and even fan edits. I just need the right classification. Thanks :rofl:
Live Action Music Videos or, in their own community, Vidding. Vidding has had a parallel track with AMVs since the beginning of the idea to put footage to music. This predates the internet and digital video. We're talking tape deck to tape deck. And some of it might even be film reel splicing. Actual cuts on actual film and reattachment. This kind of remix art is not new. And it's not just video. Collage and Zines are the same idea with other types of media.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:24 pm

People usually just refer to video game videos as GMVS, but there are acronyms for a ton of stuff.

PMV = My Little Pony Music Video.
DMV = Disney Music Video
FMV = Fandom Music Video (pretty much covers everything)

supremeeditz
Org Profile

Post by supremeeditz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:25 am

Kionon wrote:
supremeeditz wrote:I have a question, obviously I know what amvs are. But what do you call the edits where they use real clips and edit them like amvs. Or what do you call those edits where they use video game clips, etc., and edit them with a lot of effects and such. I heard people call them, vine edits, instagram edits, and even fan edits. I just need the right classification. Thanks :rofl:
Live Action Music Videos or, in their own community, Vidding. Vidding has had a parallel track with AMVs since the beginning of the idea to put footage to music. This predates the internet and digital video. We're talking tape deck to tape deck. And some of it might even be film reel splicing. Actual cuts on actual film and reattachment. This kind of remix art is not new. And it's not just video. Collage and Zines are the same idea with other types of media.
Omg thank you so much, now I can learn more of what I need to know :o :rofl:

supremeeditz
Org Profile

Post by supremeeditz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:25 am

Kireblue wrote:People usually just refer to video game videos as GMVS, but there are acronyms for a ton of stuff.

PMV = My Little Pony Music Video.
DMV = Disney Music Video
FMV = Fandom Music Video (pretty much covers everything)
Thank you so much, now I can learn more :lol:

Return to “General AMV”