How to keep up motivation when editing?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
vkamv
Org Profile

Re: How to keep up motivation when editing?

Post by vkamv » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Perhaps you can flesh the whole AMV out first by laying out the scenes without effects and then begin focusing on different sections that you know you can tackle right now and be happy with. Personally, on a lot of my AMVs, I finished the rough draft of the whole AMV in a couple days and the rest of the time I'm obsessing about little sections of and trying to get it right. If your stuck at the beginning work on a different section. You might get a creative boost and come back and fix the start. View is as a rough draft first and don't be too critical of your work right now. Save critical analysis for the polishing stage.

Nixsua
Org Profile

Re: How to keep up motivation when editing?

Post by Nixsua » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 pm

vkamv wrote:Perhaps you can flesh the whole AMV out first by laying out the scenes without effects and then begin focusing on different sections that you know you can tackle right now and be happy with. Personally, on a lot of my AMVs, I finished the rough draft of the whole AMV in a couple days and the rest of the time I'm obsessing about little sections of and trying to get it right. If your stuck at the beginning work on a different section. You might get a creative boost and come back and fix the start. View is as a rough draft first and don't be too critical of your work right now. Save critical analysis for the polishing stage.
Great advice will do!

Return to “General AMV”