AnimeNEXT 2018 AMV Contest (Winners Posted!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Schedule!

Post by Scintilla » Tue May 29, 2018 11:26 am

And now, the schedule of AMV events for AnimeNEXT 2018! Subject to change as the full convention schedule has not yet been released publicly or sent to print, but at this time I don't expect any changes.

FRIDAY
4:00 - 7:00, Video Room 322: AMV Overflow (Friday) - Order of videos posted at the door, and hopefully online in the next few days
7:00 - 9:00, Panel Room 303: AMV Contest Screening - Seating may begin 15-30 minutes prior to show time

SATURDAY
12:30 - 2:30, Panel Room 303: AMV Contest Screening - Seating may begin 15-30 minutes prior to show time
3:00: Ballot deadline - if you did not hand in your contest ballots at the screenings, they must be in the Info Desk ballot boxes by this time
4:00 - 7:00, Video Room 322: AMV Overflow (Saturday) - Order of videos posted at the door, and hopefully online in the next few days
8:00 - 9:00, Panel Room 301: AMV Contest Awards Show - We will have the first row reserved for contest finalists
10:00 - midnight, Panel Room 304: Dance Under the AMVs - NEW for 2018! Featuring all your favorites from LMFAO to YMCA

SUNDAY
10:00 - 11:00, Panel Room 301: AMVs: The State of the Art - Returning from 2017, my panel serving up the cure for the common AMV flood
11:00 - 1:00, Video Room 317: AMV Contest Screening Encore - No voting, but we will almost certainly have spare ballots available for people to take home
2:00 - 3:00, Panel Room 319: AMV Sing-Along! - Now in its fourth year! Never the same show twice.
3:15 - 4:00, Panel Room 302: AMV Winners Replay - In case you missed the Saturday night awards show
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2018 AMV Contest (Events Schedule Posted)

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:08 am

Here are the overflow playlists, with all times approximate:

FRIDAY
Spoiler :
4:00 PM 1 2 3 DRINK
4:02 PM A Reason to Change
4:02 PM Academic Hell
4:08 PM Beauty & the Magus
4:11 PM Bottom of the River
4:14 PM By your Side
4:18 PM Call This Love
4:21 PM Candy Store
4:24 PM Chunchunmaru Hype
4:27 PM Code Geass - Tale of the Black Prince
4:32 PM daydream | return
4:37 PM Diamond Sky
4:42 PM Everybody Wants To Rule The World
4:45 PM For The Belt
4:49 PM Frontier Psychiatrist
4:54 PM Hello World
4:57 PM Holy Grail War
5:01 PM Human
5:05 PM Ishafan
5:10 PM Koe no Katachi Heavy
5:13 PM Lost Determination
5:15 PM Lost Soul
5:20 PM Lullaby Bay
5:23 PM Macho Man
5:27 PM Magic Witch Bus
5:28 PM Mean Hanekawa
5:31 PM Midway
5:33 PM New Star
5:39 PM Not The One
5:41 PM Outlawz of the Galaxy vol.2
5:43 PM Psiodyne
5:47 PM Pure Euphoria
5:51 PM Recordarme, Violeta
5:54 PM Sausage Corps
5:57 PM SINK!
6:01 PM Sleigh Beggy and The Magus
6:05 PM Soul Mate
6:07 PM Striving for First
6:13 PM Suicidal
6:17 PM SUKI DESU
6:21 PM Takenya
6:22 PM The Beat I Drum - Anthem on Ice
6:27 PM The Magus and Bride Rewrite the Stars
6:30 PM thirsty
6:31 PM Tiger and the Blue Rose
6:33 PM To An End Beside You
6:36 PM To Yamcha with Love
6:41 PM Toy Pokemon
6:45 PM We'll Rise
6:50 PM Written By Heroes
6:54 PM Zero to Onion
SATURDAY
Spoiler :
4:00 PM ☆Wonderful Days~!
4:03 PM 1 2 3 DRINK
4:05 PM A Reason to Change
4:09 PM Academic Hell
4:11 PM Anime 2018 | Winter
4:15 PM Another Day of Sun
4:18 PM Beauty & the Magus
4:21 PM Behind the Wall
4:26 PM Bottom of the River
4:29 PM By your Side
4:33 PM Call This Love
4:36 PM Candy Store
4:39 PM Chunchunmaru Hype
4:42 PM Code Geass - Tale of the Black Prince
4:47 PM daydream | return
4:52 PM Destiny
4:56 PM Desu Circulation
4:58 PM Diamond Sky
5:03 PM Drowning
5:07 PM Everybody Wants To Rule The World
5:09 PM Frontier Psychiatrist
5:14 PM Hold Me
5:17 PM Human
5:21 PM I Want Dagashi
5:23 PM Izuku to Shoto
5:26 PM Kingdom Hearts - Linked
5:31 PM Koe no Katachi Heavy
5:35 PM l e a p o f f a i t h . []
5:37 PM Le Wonderland de Petit Cossette
5:42 PM Lullaby Bay
5:45 PM Midway
5:48 PM New Star
5:53 PM Not The One
5:55 PM Once In A Lifetime
6:03 PM Outlawz of the Galaxy vol.2
6:06 PM Pretty Thoughts
6:08 PM Psiodyne
6:12 PM Pure White Gold
6:16 PM Sausage Corps
6:19 PM SINK!
6:24 PM Sleigh Beggy and The Magus
6:27 PM Soul Mate
6:30 PM Symphony
6:32 PM thirsty
6:33 PM Tiger and the Blue Rose
6:35 PM To An End Beside You
6:38 PM To Yamcha with Love
6:43 PM Trinity Blood AMV
6:46 PM We'll Rise
6:50 PM Your Light
6:55 PM Zero to Onion
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Contest playlist with winners!

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:56 pm

The contest playlists, with links to whatever videos I can find and links to the editors' profiles for those I can't:

FRIDAY PRESHOW
Sean.PNG - Pure White Gold - "One Night Only" by The Struts - My Hero Academia
Aquiline Studios (Cyanna) - Behind the Wall - "Trip the Light" by Garry Schyman feat. Alicia Lemke (from Where the Hell is Matt? 2012) - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

SATURDAY PRESHOW
FanEditz - The Magus and Bride Rewrite the Stars - "Rewrite the Stars" by Zac Efron and Zendaya (from The Greatest Showman) - The Ancient Magus's Bride
MadMegatax - Candy Store - "Candy Store" from Heathers: The Musical - Cross Ange
AngelMaeVictory - SUKI DESU - "By Your Side" by Jonas Blue ft. RAYE - Your Lie in April

WINNER: COORDINATOR'S CHOICE
ZephyrStar - daydream | return - "We Will Become Silhouettes" by The Postal Service - Nichijou, Azumanga Daioh, and original animation

FINALISTS
Trailers
Xophilarus - Pretty Pony Derby - Kentucky Derby opening trailer (2015) - Uma Musume Pretty Derby
FanEditz - Beauty and the Ancient Magus - Beauty and The Beast (2017) trailer audio - The Ancient Magus' Bride (Runner-up)
Gina Nelson - IT-otoro - It (2017) trailer audio - My Neighbor Totoro (Winner, 58% of the vote)
Opner - Tohru [Trailer] - Godzilla (2014) trailer audio - Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Dramatic/Serious
Maboroshi Studio - You Will Never Leave Me - "Für Elise" by Hidden Citizens - Memories
Iren S.S. - Dentelle - "Danse Macabre" by Camille Saint-Saëns - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Puella Magi Madoka Magica films
Buggy/ Indigo Team - Delusion - "Do You Remember" by Jarryd James - A Silent Voice
BasharOfTheAges - Empandering Hearts - "This Is Me" by Keala Settle (from The Greatest Showman) - Sanrio Boys
AnimeMashup - Muse-ic - "Nothing Stopping Me" by Vicetone ft. Kat Nestel - Your Lie In April (Runner-up)
Miracle Falcon - Fullmetal Hamilton: An Amestrian Musical - "Alexander Hamilton" from Hamilton - Fullmetal Alchemist (Winner, 31% of the vote)

Action
Nekokitkat - Something Like This - "Something Just Like This" by Coldplay and the Chainsmokers - My Hero Academia manga and anime
DopplerDo - Down the Road - "Down the Road" by C2C - Cowboy Bebop (Runner-up)
DL - Holding Out For (more) My Hero Academia - "Holding Out For A Hero" by Jennifer Saunders (from Shrek 2) - My Hero Academia (Winner, 34% of the vote)
Rider4Z - Bullets Rain Noir - "Believer" by Imagine Dragons - Lupin III: Jigen's Gravestone

Romance/Sentimental
BecauseImBored1 - Dream the Impossible - "A Million Dreams" from The Greatest Showman - Gurren Lagann (Runner-up)
Mysunsai - A Heart's Duet - "Flowers for a Ghost" by Thriving Ivory - Your Lie in April
Zandersen - Spend My Life - "Spend My Life" by Zach Andersen (feat. Lucy Isabel) - Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions!
Kazemon15 - Changing the World to Be Ours - "Rewrite the Stars" by Zac Efron and Zendaya (from The Greatest Showman) - Snow White with the Red Hair
Toon Addict Productions - The Road to Pompeii - "Pompeii" by Bastille - Girls' Last Tour
drewaconclusion - D'awwww Wagon - "You're My Best Friend" by Queen - Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
shorisquared - Familiar - "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan (from Toy Story 2) - She and Her Cat: Everything Flows (Winner, 42% of the vote)

Fun/Upbeat
Studio le Croc - Bananya Cat - "Banana Cat" by Parry Gripp - Bananya
Gina Nelson - SPF (Stereotypical Party Filler) - "Cake by the Ocean" by DNCE - Various (Winner, 46% of the vote)
Speedy180 - The World is Ours - "The World Is Ours" by David Correy (feat. Aloe Blacc) - Various
Kireblue - Technicolor Dreamer - "Black & White" by Todrick Hall ft Superfruit - Little Witch Academia (Runner-up)
Rider4Z - City of Gold - "El Dorado" by Elton John (from The Road to El Dorado) - One Piece Film Gold
Xophilarus - Youth in Motion - "Afterlife" by Ingrid Michaelson - A Place Further than the Universe

Comedy
shorisquared - Spiralwalker - "You're Welcome" (from Disney's Moana) parody by OverEnglishMan - Gurren Lagann
PaNTSU oF d00m - Corporate Panda - "Crawling" by Linkin Park - Aggretsuko (Runner-up)
Sephiroth - Pogo is Gay (Yuri and Picard) - "Data and Picard" by Pogo - Yuri!!! on Ice
TheDestineeAMV - A Dragon Like Me - "Friend Like Me" by Robin Williams (from Disney's Aladdin) - Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
AntaresHeart07 - Anime MasterChef - "Napal Baji" by PSY - Various
Mycathatesyou69 and King Redeem - Dunces & Dragons - "Dragon Slayer" by Ninja Sex Party - KonoSuba - God’s blessing on this wonderful world!!, Various others (Winner, 69% of the vote)
Last edited by Scintilla on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Dance playlist

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Dance Under the AMVs

This was an amazing first AMV dance and I'm so glad we decided to do it this year. The energy all around was just awesome. We even had some people who didn't dance much but still stayed and watched all the videos and didn't leave. And I swear I had no idea Gabby was going to have that fox mask and bust some serious moves to Ylvis.

"Twitterpated" by The Wired Knight
featuring much of the Disney animated canon to "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon

ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2018 AMV Contest (Winners Posted!)

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...
For what it's worth, both my staffers and I considered your Lupin video to be the favorite in Action (hence why we gave it the caboose spot) and were quite surprised the audience went a different way. Also, I still grin like an idiot at "City of Gold".

When we get a dedicated room, one of the programming block ideas Inuki has been suggesting is a retrospective including some of the videos we the judges loved but the audiences didn't vote to win and vice versa. I'm going to have to remember this one for that.
ImageImage

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

YouTube Playlist:
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:24 am

Scintilla wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...
For what it's worth, both my staffers and I considered your Lupin video to be the favorite in Action (hence why we gave it the caboose spot) and were quite surprised the audience went a different way. Also, I still grin like an idiot at "City of Gold".

When we get a dedicated room, one of the programming block ideas Inuki has been suggesting is a retrospective including some of the videos we the judges loved but the audiences didn't vote to win and vice versa. I'm going to have to remember this one for that.
I'm not surprised. It's won a few judges awards but no audience voted wins. Meh, can't pander all the time :sweat:

Return to “AMV Contests”