Mukosei kara Hiro e [Boku no Hero Academia AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Mukosei kara Hiro e [Boku no Hero Academia AMV]

Post by PerkyPastry » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:39 am

It's so exciting to be announcing my first anime music video! Ever since I saw season 2 I've been dying to make this. Midoriya is my favorite character of the series and I wanted to use this song to highlight the leaps and bounds of development he makes throughout the first two seasons.

I gotta say, as someone who has been editing for years but only just started using anime, BOY is it fun! I can see why AMVs have remained one of the most popular forms of fan editing projects; it is so much easier to manipulate the minimalistic movements of Japanese 2D animation than that of live action or other forms of animation, which honestly just encourages me to experiment more. For instance, the act of lip sync has always seemed like a daunting task to me, but with anime I feel like it's a great foothold to start practicing!

Anyway, my goal with any video is for people to see it and enjoy it, so constructive feedback from anyone on the strengths/weaknesses and how to improve my craft is wholly welcome and encouraged! I'm especially interested in what users who have participated in convention contests think, since this video has yet to make it as a finalist (two cons down, two cons pending, maybe more if I decide to submit elsewhere), but don't let that stop you from telling me what you think! As I said, I've been on the editing scene for some time, so I can take constructive criticism.

I may be short on free time, but I've got no shortage of ideas, so I look forward to continue creating, posting and participating in the interchange of creativity that is this forum! In other words, yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”