MomoCon 2018: AMV & V-MIX Competition {Winners}

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2018: AMV & V-MIX Competition {Deadline 4/23}

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 am

Deadline is at 11:59pm EST!

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:45 am

So it says older videos are discouraged, I have a one year old video that has hardly been in any contest, maybe like one or two if even? Is that cool?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 am

Sephirothskr wrote:So it says older videos are discouraged, I have a one year old video that has hardly been in any contest, maybe like one or two if even? Is that cool?
Videos that are older than a year are discouraged since they would have been eligible to participate in last year's contest, but they won't be disqualified.

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Oh S***! I was hoping to submit the two videos I'm working on, not that they are intended for contests or anything but i really wanted to... guess I'll just have to send in my last year's videos. And sorry if I placed em' in wrong category, am' unsure about it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 pm

All the entries have been tested, and the confirmation emails have been sent! We received a total of 207 accepted entries between our 2 contests, and our panel of judges will be watching them all this weekend! I expect to announce finalists no later than Monday.

For anyone interested in how many videos each category received, here are the totals:
......drama is gonna be rough :sweat:

And for anyone that wants to watch what last year's contest looked like, you can watch the whole thing here:

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Only 14 V-MIX entries?
Spoiler :

-Rider
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Stryyder wrote:Only 14 V-MIX entries?
Spoiler :
that's actually to be expected since the main AMV Contest now accepts all forms of animation. And so all those vids that would have been in V-MIX are now spread out in all of the AMV categories. We actually received more non-anime videos this time than any previous year, so I'm really happy about that :D . And I'm especially happy by how many original animation vids we received!

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 am

Kireblue wrote:All the entries have been tested, and the confirmation emails have been sent! We received a total of 207 accepted entries between our 2 contests, and our panel of judges will be watching them all this weekend! I expect to announce finalists no later than Monday.

For anyone interested in how many videos each category received, here are the totals:
Quoted Image converted to link:
https://i.imgur.com/3uidn6v.png?1
......drama is gonna be rough :sweat:

And for anyone that wants to watch what last year's contest looked like, you can watch the whole thing here:
I'm pretty sure I submitted for the contest a while back but didn't receive any conformation email. Were the emails sent out? or did I end up forgetting to submit mine? :rofl:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 am

Cneq wrote: I'm pretty sure I submitted for the contest a while back but didn't receive any conformation email. Were the emails sent out? or did I end up forgetting to submit mine? :rofl:
I just checked, but I don't have anything from you. It seems that you did forget

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Kireblue wrote:that's actually to be expected since the main AMV Contest now accepts all forms of animation. And so all those vids that would have been in V-MIX are now spread out in all of the AMV categories. We actually received more non-anime videos this time than any previous year, so I'm really happy about that :D . And I'm especially happy by how many original animation vids we received!
Nice :up:

Return to “AMV Contests”