An amv that I made.

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
EpicMango
Org Profile

An amv that I made.

Post by EpicMango » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:34 am

I think I entered all the information correctly.

How do I get the video to preview?

Also thank you for watching and I would appreciate some feedback and criticism no matter how harsh.

[added vidid and youtube embed - Kireblue]

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: An amv that I made.

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:30 pm

EpicMango wrote:How do I get the video to preview?
In order to produce a PREVIEW link on the video's info page, you need to upload it locally first. Moonslayer's Guide to Using A-M-V.org can walk you through that process.

If you're talking about embedding the Hosatchel version of the video in a forum post here, use the "youtube" button at the far right of the posting form.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:58 am

Scintilla wrote:
EpicMango wrote:How do I get the video to preview?
In order to produce a PREVIEW link on the video's info page, you need to upload it locally first. Moonslayer's Guide to Using A-M-V.org can walk you through that process.

If you're talking about embedding the Hosatchel version of the video in a forum post here, use the "youtube" button at the far right of the posting form.
I uploaded it to the site. Im sure I did

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 am

EpicMango wrote: I uploaded it to the site. I'm sure I did
\If you uploaded your video to the site, but you don't see it, then you probably haven't confirmed the upload yet. You do that by clicking the "Confirm upload" box in the "Editors" dropdown menu on the left side of the main page. Edit: I just added your anime to the database, and so the site wouldn't have let you upload it until then.

In terms of your video, I feel that you should avoid hard cutting directly to black scenes. And you should also watch out for orphan frames (scenes that only appear for a frame or 2). Orphan frames are usually unintentional scenes that pop up because you try to use every single frame of another scene, but your editing program messes up and adds in a frame of something before or after it. I avoid orphan frames by never using the first or last frame of any scene (thus always giving my program a extra buffer frame). Btw, the orphan frame I'm talking about is of the cell phone at 0:13

I also feel that you should try to ease your viewers into the story more. The first buildup of a video (typically 20 - 30 seconds) is usually reserved for introducing the viewer into the world of the anime and provide context for what the video will be about. None of the scenes in the buildup of your video really helped with that. 1 minute into your video, and I still didn't really know what kind of show your anime was, why some people had powers, and why any of them were fighting at school. And then you started adding in additional characters to your vid without really explaining why the're important or what's their role in the video. My personal rule for drama videos is to only focus on the the characters most important to the plot, and exclude everyone else as much as possible (although this is kind of a drama, action mix).

So yeah, my main advice for you is to work on structuring your videos in a way that even people who know absolutely nothing about your anime can understand it.

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Kireblue wrote:
EpicMango wrote: I uploaded it to the site. I'm sure I did
\If you uploaded your video to the site, but you don't see it, then you probably haven't confirmed the upload yet. You do that by clicking the "Confirm upload" box in the "Editors" dropdown menu on the left side of the main page. Edit: I just added your anime to the database, and so the site wouldn't have let you upload it until then.

In terms of your video, I feel that you should avoid hard cutting directly to black scenes. And you should also watch out for orphan frames (scenes that only appear for a frame or 2). Orphan frames are usually unintentional scenes that pop up because you try to use every single frame of another scene, but your editing program messes up and adds in a frame of something before or after it. I avoid orphan frames by never using the first or last frame of any scene (thus always giving my program a extra buffer frame). Btw, the orphan frame I'm talking about is of the cell phone at 0:13

I also feel that you should try to ease your viewers into the story more. The first buildup of a video (typically 20 - 30 seconds) is usually reserved for introducing the viewer into the world of the anime and provide context for what the video will be about. None of the scenes in the buildup of your video really helped with that. 1 minute into your video, and I still didn't really know what kind of show your anime was, why some people had powers, and why any of them were fighting at school. And then you started adding in additional characters to your vid without really explaining why the're important or what's their role in the video. My personal rule for drama videos is to only focus on the the characters most important to the plot, and exclude everyone else as much as possible (although this is kind of a drama, action mix).

So yeah, my main advice for you is to work on structuring your videos in a way that even people who know absolutely nothing about your anime can understand it.
Thanks for the advice. I'll look for those frames in upcoming videos. Next time I'll make it so the viewer has an idea of the story and what the characters are like. But I'll admit I'm not good at that so it's usually randomness in my videos unless I'm focusing on a particular scene or character.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”