What exactly is internal sync?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
EpicMango
Org Profile

What exactly is internal sync?

Post by EpicMango » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:20 pm

I posted a Flying Witch amv over on the Reddit amv page and a mod said I had good internal sync. Apparently I did it without intending to. What is it?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: What exactly is internal sync?

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Internal sync is sync that happens internally (or within a scene). So a punch hitting someone on the beat (as opposed to doing a scene change) is a good example of internal sync. Internal sync is useful because a singe scene can be used to sync multiple beats without the need to constantly cut to a new one. Here is a really good guide that explains the different types of sync viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92942

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Yeah it's where the animation/video itself in your clips matches the flow and rhythm of the music. Like this - https://youtu.be/BQRNFPkYLWw?t=1m42s

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:18 am

Kireblue wrote:Internal sync is sync that happens internally (or within a scene). So a punch hitting someone on the beat (as opposed to doing a scene change) is a good example of internal sync. Internal sync is useful because a singe scene can be used to sync multiple beats without the need to constantly cut to a new one. Here is a really good guide that explains the different types of sync viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92942
Good explanation. Thanks

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:19 am

Rider4Z wrote:Yeah it's where the animation/video itself in your clips matches the flow and rhythm of the music. Like this - https://youtu.be/BQRNFPkYLWw?t=1m42s
I get it now. Thanks

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:54 am

Personally I love internal sync cuz it's more difficult to accomplish, but when done right it gives a very strong sense of connection between the video and audio.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Yeah pretty much what everyone is saying above. Internal sync can also be done in weird ways too, Like in my revelation video I accidentally discovered a beat sync and rolled with it. Railroad lights flashing each time the beat hit. Internal sync is pretty easy to get if you can find moments for it, a lot harder to do an ENTIRE video with it.

zbynasuper
Org Profile

Post by zbynasuper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 am

You could just ask in comments under your video, that's what the Reddit is for. :D

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 am

zbynasuper wrote:You could just ask in comments under your video, that's what the Reddit is for. :D
I know but I also wanna be active here.

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:06 am

Sephirothskr wrote:Yeah pretty much what everyone is saying above. Internal sync can also be done in weird ways too, Like in my revelation video I accidentally discovered a beat sync and rolled with it. Railroad lights flashing each time the beat hit. Internal sync is pretty easy to get if you can find moments for it, a lot harder to do an ENTIRE video with it.
Discovering new tricks for amvs is always handy.

Return to “General AMV”