By Your Side

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
liquidvapor
Org Profile

By Your Side

Post by liquidvapor » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Pretty happy with how it turned out but I do need to stop starting videos a few weeks before con deadlines. D: Any feedback is welcome! Enjoy!

Doidao_!
Org Profile

Re: By Your Side

Post by Doidao_! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:23 am

Hey I took some minutes to watch your AMVs and try to make a good evaluation on this one. It's great the fact that you put effort on enhancing the beauty of the animations you use on your creations. About this video I must say that I enjoyed a lot how you enhanced the "sillyness" of the characters, something that put the viewers to appreciate their (let me use this word) childish ways. It's fair and understandable how you reached the finals of the contest. Keep it going man. Nice job.

I'm back for Revenge

liquidvapor
Org Profile

Post by liquidvapor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks! Glad you liked it :D

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Congrats on making it to finals :) but to be honest I felt it had some issues, don't take it negatively it's just my opinion. I think the fades weren't properly used and scene selection and timing wasn't really that well. I don't know if you are just a beginner or may be it's just this video but you 'll need to work more on proper implementation of the idea 'cause this video could have been really better. Anyway, the video was watchable as I did see it to end and I guess it's cause of source and the song chosen... well keep working :).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

liquidvapor
Org Profile

Post by liquidvapor » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Is there parts specifically you don't feel fit/fades felt off? I do agree for sure on the timing of some parts I should probably go back and tweak a bit. Going heads down on it for a week to finish before the deadline and rewatching parts constantly probably didn't help. Stepping back and not watching it for a few weeks made me see a few parts that could have certainly been synced a bit better. D:

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 am

Sorry for the delay. Well there aren't much fades in the video, a little in beginning and the end but just some of them i felt weren't used right. I wouldn't say there were specific parts I felt that didn't fit well but it's the overall video. I think it was the direction of the video that affected it and above that you get the issues with timing as you said. To be more specific the scenes used while 'everybody falls down' and using the attacking scene every time while the music section kicks in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”