AMV Studios?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

AMV Studios?

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi! So I noticed a lot of editors are part of AMV editing studios, like Tsunderbird or Pixelblended Studios. Can someone explain what that is, and how that works?

I’m just looking for a way to get a little more involved with the community XD

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AMV Studios?

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Studios like PixelBlended and Tsunderbird are just groups of friends that edit AMVs and have fun together. These studios are often invite only, and only consists of their closest friends. It really isn't much more than just a clique. But other studios are lees about building friendships and more about building a name for themselves by having a group of the most talented editors they can recruit. And so you occasionally see them having tryouts for it.

That's pretty much the gist of it

TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Oh okay I see. I was just wondering because being part of a studio seemed like a good way to find beta testers, and meeting some cool editors. I feel like not a lot of people frequent the Opinions Exchange page whenever beta testers are requested. Thanks for the clarification!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 pm

It's good to make some friends willing to slave beta 5/5
Still better than that MMO.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:10 am

Back in the day, late 90s, studios were individuals. Many of the "nicknames" we know for veteran editors were actually their studio names, not a personal nickname. As Kireblue said, most modern studios are just groups of friends. Some of them have really complicated backstories because of mergers, spinoffs, and in-jokes. Like my own Serious Business Studios.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”