Anime Crossroads 2018 VAT **WINNERS**

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
RamkoX12X
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2018 VAT *Finalist!* (FIXED)

Post by RamkoX12X » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Any news on the streaming?

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2018 VAT **WINNERS**

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:39 am

(due to technical issues we were unable to stream this years VAT DX.)

Congrats to the fallowing winners of Anime Crossroads VAT 2018

Best Action: Hell of a Feeling by Shorisquared
Best Drama: Litost by KeiichiFace
Best Comedy: Thirsty by MadMegatax
Best Romance: A Reason to Change by Azukano
Best Upbeat: Another Day of Sun by Minetchan
Best Sentimental: Your Eyes by Cneq
Best Trailer: Goku Ragnarok by UnluckyArtist
Best Non-Anime: Sail Away by Studio le Croc
Executive's Choice: The Siren by Maboroshi Studio
Audience's Choice: What Would Anime Jesus Do? By Studio Hawk
Best in Show: Anime Master Chef by AntaresHeart07

Congrats again to everyone |:> ! I hope to see you all next year for our 10th year!

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:49 am

Fay-Sa wrote:(due to technical issues we were unable to stream this years VAT DX.)
Best Non-Anime: Sail Away by Studio le Croc
First award for this Daddy / Daughter Video! Pia (who is 8) storyboarded and directed this video...
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 am

I will admit I am a bit disappointed seeing a particular highly decorated video winning yet again at a contest where there is a rule like this... still congrats to the winners
----
While not a rule if your video has won more then 3 major awards in other VAT Contest before entering Anime Crossroads 2017 I strongly suggest sending another video instead.

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:22 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I will admit I am a bit disappointed seeing a particular video winning yet again at a contest where there is a rule like this... still congrats to the winners
----
While not a rule if your video has won more then 3 major awards in other VAT Contest before entering Anime Crossroads 2017 I strongly suggest sending another video instead.
While I understand we're your coming from, sometimes people can only make one or 2 videos a year I don't want to outright ban those videos if they had won a few times before. Even if it's not the case with that video I want people to be able to submit what they want to submit. Which is why I have it as a suggestion instead of a rule. Also doesn't help we're so early in the year so most videos are from the year before.

Still I totally get we're your coming from and is something I'll look into more for future contests.

Also congrats to both you and your daughter!

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 pm

I was really surprised the day after you revealed finalists, seeing 'fixed' in the title. When I went through it again, I was so shocked and so happy to see my video in the list :) I was hoping there would be a stream at least this time but there was no update but still glad about video making it in finalists. Anyway, congrats to winners... looking forward to watch other videos, hope shorisquared will be making a playlist as always ;).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Pysh wrote:I was really surprised the day after you revealed finalists, seeing 'fixed' in the title. When I went through it again, I was so shocked and so happy to see my video in the list :) I was hoping there would be a stream at least this time but there was no update but still glad about video making it in finalists. Anyway, congrats to winners... looking forward to watch other videos, hope shorisquared will be making a playlist as always ;).
Shorisquared I bet dreams that he is building / looking at AMV playlists... oh there will be one made shortly

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Pysh wrote:I was really surprised the day after you revealed finalists, seeing 'fixed' in the title. When I went through it again, I was so shocked and so happy to see my video in the list :) I was hoping there would be a stream at least this time but there was no update but still glad about video making it in finalists. Anyway, congrats to winners... looking forward to watch other videos, hope shorisquared will be making a playlist as always ;).
Yea sorry about that. I wasn't fully paying attention when I posted it the 1st time and didn't highlight the full list. My bad. Still thank you for submitting a wonderful video it got a positive response.

Also I will make sure it's streamed next year, was so upset we couldn't get it working DX. Also with next year being our 10th I want to try to make something special for our finalist. Hope to see you again next year.

RamkoX12X
Org Profile

Post by RamkoX12X » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:38 pm

That’s unfortunate. Were reactions recorded?

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:06 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Shorisquared I bet dreams that he is building / looking at AMV playlists... oh there will be one made shortly
Ask and ye shall receive

ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”