Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays in what ever way they can. It is time once again for Tsukino-Con's AMV Contest for 2018. I am looking forward to another year of great AMV's from all of you.

Last year was a phenominal year for Tsukino-Con, with what I believe to be one of the toughest lineups we have ever had, along with some of my favourite local submissions. And, pending scheduling changes, Tsukino-Con might have additional AMV programming for the first time ever! We're very excited for another great contest, and are looking forward to submissions.

THE CONTEST IS NOW COMPLETED! THE WINNERS ARE:

ACTION
AntaresHeart07-Heroes
DopplerDo-Down the Road *Winner: Best Action
OscarAMV-INTERFECTI
Bimyou-A Real Hero
MoonieAMV-Pillow Warfare
shorisquared-Hell of a Feeling
AMV-X-Warriors' Ensemble

DRAMA
PaNTSU oF d00m-Psycho
EnQuatre-Combat Harness
AnimeMashup/Angel Dragoon-Don't Trust Me
Miracle Falcon-Fullmetal Hamilton: An Amestrian Musical *Winner: Best Drama
Iren S.S.-Dentelle
SerAvium-Persona Monster

FUN/UPBEAT
Maboroshi Studio-You're The Best
Cirera-Desu Circulation
Nuke-Animegraphy 2017
AntaresHeart07-Anime Masterchef *Winner: Best Fun/Upbeat
AnimeMashup-Muse-Ic
SOGE SNAKE-Eat Me
PieandBeer-Sweet & Sticky

ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
Allegoriest-Yellow Ribbon
AMV-X-Stay With Me
Azukano-A Reason to Change *Winner: Best Romance/Sentimental
Joy's AMV-Wrong
drewaconclusion-D'awwww Wagon *Winner: Coordinator's Choice
Kroner-That Day

BEST OF BC
Jaylestial/Gothiecakes-Little Pistol
GOT CYJ-Friction
Kawaii.Fcpx-Animal
Shawna Neuman-Fate Legends
Enchanted Stone-The Real World *Winner: Best of BC

COMEDY
Studio Hawk-WWJD? *Winner: Best Comedy
Maboroshi Studios-Yuri on Ice-The Honest Trailer *Winner: Best in Show

shorisquared-Spiralwalker
drewaconclusion-Infectious Affection
Cirera-Mean Hanakawa
PaNTSU oF d00m-God's Guardians In This Wonderful Galaxy!

Congratulations to all the winners of this years contest, all finalists will be contacted for links to videos so that our attendees can easily find the videos, either in a playlist, or if no youtube video exists, alternative links will suffice.

AMV SMACKDOWN

Every year, Tsukino Con takes the winners of the AMV Contest and has them face off against former best in categories from previous years in the AMV SMACKDOWN. The winners of the smackdown will stick around to compete against the future best in category winners from Tsukino-Con 2019. This years smackdown lineup was:

ACTION
2017: Wheapon- (Ileia)
2018: Down the Road (DopplerDo) - WINNER

DRAMA
2017: Fiat Lux (PieandBeer) - WINNER
2018: Fullmetal Hamilton: An Amestrian Musical

FUN/UPBEAT
2017: Mr. Suave (MomtoCutiePia)
2018: Anime Masterchef (AntaresHeart07) - WINNER

ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
2017: Fight Song (Maboroshi Studios & MomtoCutiePia)
2018: A Reason to Change (Azukano) - WINNER

BEST OF BC:
2017: Dark Eyes (anjujusan) - WINNER
2018: The Real World (Enchanted Stone)

COMEDY
2017: Ship Happens (Vivifx) - WINNER
2018: WWJD? (Studio Hawk)

COORDINATOR'S CHOICE
2017: SUKI DA!! (StarTrinity009)
2018: D'Awww Wagon (drewaconclusion) - WINNER

BEST IN SHOW
2017: Weeaboo Peakaboo (ShinAMV) - WINNER
2018: Yuri On Ice: The Honest Trailer (Maboroshi Studios)

Thank you once again to all contestants that sent videos out to us and competed in this contest. This is the first real year we expanded into additional AMV programming, and everyone in attendance loved it!

See you guys in 2019!
Spoiler :
Here are the rules for Tsukino-Con 2018!

RULES

THE QUICK RULES

✦ Submit your videos to amv@tsukinocon.com with the following information:

✢ Title:
✢ Anime:
✢ Song:
✢ Artist:
✢ Creator: (handle & email)
✢ Category: Drama, Action, Fun/Upbeat, Romance/Sentimental, or Comedy
✢ From: (where you live)

✦ Please submit your video via some sort of file sharing program. Our recommendation is Dropbox.
✦ Two (2) entries may be accepted per individual or group, to a maximum of one (1) per category.
✦ Videos must not have premiered publically (online, other cons, etc) prior to December 31, 2016, or have been shown in a previous Tsukino-Con AMV Contest.
✦ No bumpers or credits. MP4 less than 500MB is preferred. No technical defects.
✦ Videos must be sent to Tsukino Con by Sunday, January, 21st 2018, at 11:59PM PST.

THE FULL RULES
* These are not yet fully updated on the Tsukino-Con site though they will be within the next few days and I will link that page at that time. In the meantime, this forum post is gospel!

The Tsukino-Con AMV Contest is one of Tsukino-Con’s largest events, airing for about 2-3 hours at the con. The event is a showcase of fan-made music videos submitted directly by creators both local and from all over the world where you, the audience, get to vote on your favourites. The contest is open to anyone—amateurs, professionals, and everyone in between.

The deadline for submissions is: Sunday, January, 21st 2018, at 11:59PM PST.

CATEGORIES

Videos will be sorted into six categories:
1. Drama
2. Action
3. Fun/Upbeat
4. Romance/Sentimental
5. Comedy
6. Best of BC

Please note that these categories may be subject to adjustments depending on videos submitted.

GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Before you submit a video to the Tsukino-Con AMV Contest, please make sure it complies with our video requirements:

✦ Videos must not have premiered publically (online, other cons, etc) prior to December 31, 2016, or have been shown in a previous Tsukino-Con AMV Contest.
✦ Videos must be PG-13 and suitable for a con audience. Any songs with excessive swearing or anime footage with explicit nudity/violence/inappropriate themes will not be accepted.
✦ Videos must be between one (1) and six (6) minutes in length.
✦ Two (2) entries may be accepted per individual or group, to a maximum of one (1) per category. Submitting as part of a group counts as a submission for each individual.
✦ Videos must be 80% Japanese anime/manga or game footage.
✦ No credits, bumpers or trailers.
✦ No subtitles, watermarks, text, etc, though exceptions may be made if they are added by the creator as part of the video.
✦ All videos must be submitted by the original creator. Any submissions found to be in violation of this will not be accepted and you will be disqualified from participating in future contests.
✦ All AMVs must meet the technical requirements below.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
We will accept a variety of formats, but recommend the following. If for whatever reason we’re not able to work with the format you’ve submitted, we’ll contact you as soon as possible so that you can re-submit. If you can’t resubmit within 48 hours of the deadline your submission will be disqualified.

☀ No low-resolution entries. 1280x720 or greater is suggested.
☀ No audio or video quality defects (interlacing, blurring, distortion, low sample rate, etc).
☀ Suggested container is MP4.
☀ Maximum file size of 500MB.

BEST OF BC REQUIREMENTS
Best of BC is a new category, exclusive to local AMV makers based in British Columbia. This category was created with the intent to help foster growth within our local community to create the next wave of AMV makers. This is an open category accepting all of the previously listed categories above. As a BC creator, you can choose to submit your video for its consideration in another category in addition to Best of BC. However, if your video is deemed a finalist, it will only be a finalist in one of the available categories, as deemed by the judges. Not all BC videos are guaranteed entrance to the final contest, especially if technical requirements aren’t met, however ,all BC videos will be shown during exhibition at some point in the convention (more info to come). All AMV’s must meet these requirements for submission:

• Made by a resident living in British Columbia, Canada
• Only creators that have not won a major prize (Best in Category, Best in Show, Technical Awards) at another convention are eligible
• Must meet the technical and the general requirements listed above

HOW TO SUBMIT
So you’d like to submit a video to Tsukino-Con’s AMV Contest? FANTASTIC. You’re already our new best friend. To keep things simple:

Submit all videos to: amv@tsukinocon.com

When submitting your video please send us the following:

☀ the anime used in the video
☀ the name of the song used in the video
☀ the name of the artist who the song is by
☀ the name you want to go by as creator of the video and an email that you check regularly that we can contact you at
☀ the category you feel your video falls into
☀ where you are from

Example:

Say I made a sweet video using footage from the movie 5cm per second and I wanted to submit it. I would send:
✢ Title
✢Anime: 5cm per second
✢ Song: Timeless
✢ Artist: Kate Havnevik
✢ Creator: chaos.cubix (randomemail@gmail.com)
✢ Category: Drama
✢ From: Victoria, B.C

Please submit your video via some sort of file sharing program. Our recommendation is Dropbox, but Windows Skydrive, Sendspace, Google Drive and Mediafire work alright too. Please include the link to your video in the email you send us with your submission information. We will NOT rip videos from YouTube links.

Once we received your video we will send your confirmation that we have received it. If you do not receive confirmation within one week of sending your video in, please email us again.

JUDGING
Judging for the AMV contest will consist of a panel of a minimum of three (3) to five (5) Tsukino-Con staff members. Of these members, the AMV Contest Co-Ordinator must be in attendance. All categories must have a minimum of five (5) entries, no more than seven (7) entries will be permitted in a single category.

AMV SMACKDOWN
AMVs that win best of category awards will progress to the AMV Smackdown. Winning videos will compete head to head against winners in previous years to determine which winner is the current best in its respective categories. After audience voting, the winner of the head to head battle is crowed smackdown champion, and will represent its winning category in Tsukino-Con’s AMV Smackdown 2019

QUESTIONS, ETC.
By submitting an entry, contestants agree that they have read, understood & will comply by these rules. Contestants grant Tsukino-Con and the coordinators permission to use, copy, share and exhibit your entry in future showcases, exhibitions, and other events. We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. Submitting to the contest does not guarantee inclusion as a finalist or inclusion in the contest even if all guidelines and requirements are met.
Last edited by TsukinoCONtest on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 14 times in total.
http://www.tsukinocon.com/

AMV Contest is accepting Submissions. Submission deadline is Sunday, January, 21, 2018 11:59:59PM PST

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.22.18

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 am

We have just recieved our first submission for the contest! With over two weeks left to go, I'm looking forward to seeing what else everyone can come up with!

Keep up the good work everyone!

AMV Contest is accepting Submissions. Submission deadline is Sunday, January, 21, 2018 11:59:59PM PST

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.22.18

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am

This is a reminder to everyone here that Tsukino-Con's submission deadline is now just over two weeks away! We have only received a few videos so far but are looking forward to seeing what everyone has to offer. Please be sure to send all videos to amv@tsukinocon.com by January, 21, 2018 11:59:59PM PST.

Thank you very much everyone, I hope to hear from you all soon.

Happy Editing!
Last edited by TsukinoCONtest on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.22.18-TWO WEEKS AWAY

Post by Studio Hawk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm pushing to finish another video for the contest! I hope you like Made in Abyss

Edit: Doesn't look likely that I'm going to be done in time - sorry! :(
Last edited by Studio Hawk on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.22.18-TWO WEEKS AWAY

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:22 am

Studio Hawk wrote:I'm pushing to finish another video for the contest! I hope you like Made in Abyss :)
By all means, I'm looking forward to the Made in Abyss videos that come out this year for AMVs!

This is a reminder to everyone here that Tsukino-Con's submission deadline is now just over a week away! We're still in need of many videos(especially in Action, Romance/Sentimental and Best of BC) and are looking for new submissions daily. As an additional reminder, we are accepting AMV's made after December, 31, 2016. Please be sure to send all videos to amv@tsukinocon.com by January, 21, 2018 11:59:59PM PST.

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.21.18-11:59:59PM PST FIVE DAYS AWAY

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 am

Hey everyone! The weekend is fast approaching, and with it, comes the deadline for Tsukino-Con's AMV contest. We're starting to get more and more AMVs, but we're still wanting a whole bunch more in all our categories, Drama, Romance/Sentimental, Action, Comedy, Fun/Upbeat and Best of BC! The deadline is Sunday, January, 21st 2018, at 11:59PM PST.. However, I highly recommend that if you are able to send your videos in earlier, then you should attempt to do so. This will allow for additional time to look over AMVs, and grant you time to edit your AMVs, should there be any changes that need to be made in accordance to the contest rules.

Happy editing, everyone!

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.21.18-11:59:59PM PST LAST DAY TO ENTER

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:14 am

We've reached the final day of entry for the AMV contest, from this point on all editors have just over 24 hours to submit videos to the contest. I've been very impressed with a great number of AMVs and we are still looking for videos in every single category! Tsukino-Con will be accepting AMVs until 11:59:59PM PST.

Good luck on the final day everyone! And happy editing!

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest Deadline Jan.21.18-11:59:59PM PST LAST DAY TO ENTER

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 am

And with that, we have reached midnight. The deadline for video submissions has passed. I want to give a huge thank you to all of the editors that sent us videos for this years' show. We will be announcing the finalists for all categories in the coming week!

TsukinoCONtest
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest JUDGEMENT IN PROGRESS

Post by TsukinoCONtest » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 pm

Alright everyone, judging has now passed completion and I am happy to announce today the results of judging. But first, I would like to thank you all so much for submitting to the Tsukino-Con AMV Contest! We received 63 entries this year that we had to narrow down to list of 37 finalists, so unfortunately an incredible number of really amazing AMVs weren't able to be selected for the finals. A showcase, featuring as many AMVs that we can fit into an hour from editors that submitted videos to the contest but did not make the finals, will also be run this year.

It looks like it's going to be an amazing contest, and whether or not your video was selected, we really hope to hear from you again next year!

So without further ado, the finalists placed in random order:

Action

shorisquared
DopplerDo
OscarAMV
Bimyou
MoonieAMV
AntaresHeart07
AMV-X

Drama

PaNTSU oF d00m
EnQuatre
AnimeMashup/Angel Dragoon
Miracle Falcon
Iren S.S.
ServAxium

Fun/Upbeat

Maboroshi Studio
Cirera
Nuke
AntaresHeart07
AnimeMashup
SOGE SNAKE
PieandBeer

Romance/Sentimental

Allegoriest
AMV-X
Azukano
Joy's AMV
drewaconclusion
Kroner

Best Of BC

Jaylestial/Gothiecakes
GOT CYJ
Kawaii.Fcpx
Shawna Neuman
Enchanted Stone

Comedy

Studio Hawk
Maboroshi Studios
shorisquared
drewaconclusion
Cirera
PaNTSU oF d00m

This year's contest will be held on Sunday February 11th with winners announced on the web and social media, Tuesday February 13th. We hope to see some of you locals there!

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Re: Tsukino Con 2018 AMV Contest JUDGEMENT IN PROGRESS

Post by shorisquared » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 pm

How'd the contest go?
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”