Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests --Winners Posted Third message First Page!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests -- Rules posted and open for submissions!

Post by Freki » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:40 am

EVERYONE! the last few hours of submission is at hand! tonight 11:59 EST is the closing time for submissions! thank you to all editors that have already sent in their videos for the contests! You all rock! It will be a very great thing... I will make an announcement tomorrow once I can get everything set up and ready to go...though that might not happen till thursday!

Freki
Jon Webb
AUSA AMV Track Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests -- Rules posted, Submissions are CLOSED

Post by Freki » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:57 pm

I have edited the subject and the submissions form is closed for both contests. here is a few bit of information for you all:

The Nice Contest: (Main contest) There are 121 Line Items in the entries. about 4-5 are duplications due to errors in accessing it, so we have approximately 116 ENTRIES! HOLY TOLEDO! we received 61 entries after October 4th, 2017!

The Nightmare and Naughty horror contest has received 11 entries, and since these tend to be 18+, not as many are submitted here instead of the main contest!!!!

My Judges and I will be very very busy with all your entries... We thank you for submitting and wish you the best of luck for this year!!!!

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 pm

So here are the final numbers: 125 individual submissions between the contests... who'd a thought that the Nightmare, Naughty and Nice contests would be a great theme! the Nightmare and Naughty contest got 11 entries (most for the 18+ contest at the 3 year mark that we've had it) and that leaves 114 individual submissions for the main Nice Contest!!!!

Lessons learned for next year:
separate submission links are not necessary! we can put it ALL in one nice neat google form and sheet!

Using the Google Forms made it easy to get the information from the submissions to the judges sheets! (took an hour to get that plus other formatting done! I got the copy paste done in about 10 minutes!

Rules tweaks will happen again (rules are reviewed every year) but there will be some major changes in the rules for next year, and for the better keep an eye out for them in the beginning part of the year.

Try to have an actual upload link in the form, but I will make that part is a bit better worded for next year at the very least!

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me about the google form for the submissions either here or privately, I thought I made it to be simple and straight forward only two things I really noticed: some of you entered filenames that did not match what I ended up downloading so please I'm literally asking the file name so we can find your video without insisting you put a specific format for the file name. I hope you all loved the fact you didn't have to type up a text document this year! I certainly loved not having to go from one text document to another just for a few bits of information!!!!

Thanks again for EVERYONE that submitted! you are making my judges and I work overtime this year! WE LOVE IT! Keep doing that voodoo that you doo sooooo well!!!!!

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 am

EVERYONE! please keep an eye on your emails, I have sent some and not gotten any responses! We are in the middle of judging them, PLEASE! bear with us, we will have the finalists posted as soon as I get the list parsed out!
Freki
Jon Webb

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

If I'm one of the people you're sending an e-mail to, I haven't gotten one yet. If you need to speak to me, send me a private message here.

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Alright TN! I'll keep it in mind, I do not believe you were one that I sent a message about something right now I'll double check, if you don't see me send you a private message then you are good. thanks for replying. :)
Freki
Jon Webb

BlackSunCult
Org Profile

Post by BlackSunCult » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 pm

I never received an email either. I'm not sure if this email thing was applicable to all categories, but my entry was a part of the nightmare and naughty entry.

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:45 am

If you did not get an email then there is nothing wrong at this time. a few people submitted information and did not submit a video, some people submitted incorrectly and I've emailed those editors to clear up the issue and some I have not heard from.
Freki
Jon Webb

Enliven
Org Profile

Post by Enliven » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 am

Are you going to announce the main contest finalists beforehand? :?:

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:47 am

Yes as soon as I have the finalists they will be announced. we are working hard to judge all 125 videos and make sure that there are no mistakes! This is a hard year to judge, not only the number of videos but the quality of them!
Freki
Jon Webb

Return to “AMV Contests”