Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests --Winners Posted Third message First Page!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests -- Rules posted and open for submissions!

Post by shorisquared » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am

Is Live Action allowed in the Naughty category?
ImageImage

Mr. Shmucker
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Shmucker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Shori no, think of the impressionable 18 year olds!

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Shori, on a case by case basis. the rules are ambiguious in this regard and there is no time to edit or change them. Since there is no live action category in the nightmare and naughty contest it will be allowed on a case by case basis. if you wish to submit two to the naughty category that will be fine and i would be contacting you about it anyways so go ahead and submit. (wish this would notify me of replies like it used to! hehehe

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:07 pm

We are that the TWO WEEK MARK EXACTLY! well about 15 minutes from it! videos keep coming in!!! and I am stoked! you guys are there! bring them in!!!!!

Please note editors are allowed to enter both contests to the maximum number of entries for each contest (3 for the main and 2 for the horror/nightmare and naughty).

Editors are allowed to and encouraged to send in submissions for showcasing if you desire (non competing videos) which will be shown outside of the contest times in the AMV room with title cards for you! please bear with me but for now a text file needs to accompany the video submission to my direct email (you can link your sendspace, your drop box links in the email or attach the video to the email either way!) I will post at the bottom here what is needed for us to showcase with title card. the videos need to be labeled if it's 18+ or not, but the rest is all the same. videos may be older than 1 year if you want to bring something you did a while ago, or last year (if it is your video for our contest last year, i still have it archived and the title card is already made) and can be longer than 6 minutes if you wish but realize due to time constraints I may not be able to put a 10 minute video on (just an example)

IF an editor will be at the con feel free to pm or email me panel ideas if you wish to run a panel in the AMV room at AUSA! I am so excited for this year!

Freki
Jon Webb
Jon.Webb1024@gmail.com

Needed information for showcasing videos:

studio name:
(which you want displayed)
AMV title:
AMV video sources (please list all up to 6, or more if you wish, we will put various there if needed)
AMV audio source
email address:
18+? (only needed if you know it's 18+ already.

LIVE ACTION videos ARE ACCEPTED in all showcasing as well!
Freki
Jon Webb

SilverLugia345
Org Profile

Post by SilverLugia345 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Well I just saw this and entered two of my most recent AMVs into the contest. I'm not sure if I will be able to complete a third one by the time the deadline comes. It sounds like its going to be fun as well. ^_^

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 am

Note to self: do not start another AMV project where the deadline for the contest you want to enter the video in is a little over a week (thankfully, it's a short video for the Trailer/Parody category).

Also, there's one video that I wasn't sure whether or not I've already submitted to the contest, so I ended up submitting it if I did.

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:01 pm

@silverlugia345: yes it will be a GREAT contest! More information on that later!

A few days left in submission time (tuesday night 11:59pm eastern) I am looking forward to starting to judge these videos!!!!

Thank you for entering Silverlugia345! and everyone else! don't forget that we will take submissions of showcasing even after the deadline as showcasing is not judged (just reviewed).

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Sent you 3 :up:

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Alright Rider!!!! we were looking for your videos! Thanks! and best of luck!
Freki
Jon Webb

Return to “AMV Contests”