Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Winners Announced

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Deadline 10-6-2017!!!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Pwcagal wrote:Womp womp. I keep trying to get a verification code to login but it doesn't wanna give me one. I reset my password to make sure I have the right email and it sent me the recovery email. But still no verification email. :(
Did you check your spam folder. I have found this is a common place for the verification message to goto for gmail accounts. If still not there, please PM me privately (or hit up the email account requested in the rules for issues as I can access that quicker) and provide your username and email.
ImageImageImageImage

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Post by Pwcagal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Fixed! Thanks NGSilver! No it just was taking a long time to come in. lol.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am

All entries submitted to this point have been QC'ed and status updated. The entry system will no longer allow entries to be submitted but you still have time to submit a re-submission or your original submission via web-link.
ImageImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:59 am

Thank you for the quick status update. I'm sorry to hear that h265 currently causes problems for your system. Right now i can't make h264 versions. Also sad to hear that the credits in Classic cause problems. I certainly can't edit a new track for the last 20 seconds of the song as the MEP is done.

Any chance that 2018 you will support x265?
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 am

We support x265. I have been able to play it in the past. I'm not sure what's wrong with your entries but the video will not render. I will look into it more tonight after I get home, however I would recommend seeing if you can create x264 versions to send in to replace the ones you already submitted as we are still within the re-submission period.
Last edited by ngsilver on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am

We have officially entered the re-submission period. I have updated the status of all entries submitted. Please check and ensure you received the email or have checked the system for your entry status. Those that had issues with their entries are able to re-submit a corrected version. The deadline to resubmit will be 12:01am EDT on Oct 11th. You will only have 1 chance and all re-submissions need to be sent in to us by that time as that is when we will turn off the web link submission system.

I cannot offer any extensions on submissions this year as we are butting up against our first judging session with the re-submission period. Those that missed the submission window feel free to save your entries for next year as we will be accepting entries as early as May. For those of you who did get your entries in thanks and we look forward to see what ya'll came up with this year!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Cenit wrote:Thank you for the quick status update. I'm sorry to hear that h265 currently causes problems for your system. Right now i can't make h264 versions. Also sad to hear that the credits in Classic cause problems. I certainly can't edit a new track for the last 20 seconds of the song as the MEP is done.

Any chance that 2018 you will support x265?
The credits in an entry rule has been a part of the rules for years, this is nothing new. While we have provisions for videos where it cannot be easily removed, the way this entry looks it's completely obvious the last segment is full credits.

As for the x265 support, for some reason I was having issues with my setup and after some re-installs the issue has been resolved and your entries check out.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Re-submission is now over. All status updates have been sent out. Thanks for entering everyone and those that missed the deadline better luck next year. Judging will be taking place over the next few weeks. We will be posting the results of the at-con viewing selection at least the week of the convention if not sooner depending on when we have the results.

More info on streams, showtimes, ect will be posted closer to the convention when we have a firm grasp on all of the details.
ImageImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you for the hard work. Glad it worked out. Thanks for explaining the situation with Classic and good luck with the contest!
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Finalists have been posted!
viewtopic.php?p=1556496#p1556496
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”