Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Winners Announced

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Rules

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Did you ever get the rest of the awards sent out?

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Rules

Post by Studio Hawk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm in! Hoping to win another golden VHS tape this year! :D

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Deadline 10-6-2017!!!

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:13 am

I apologize for late responses, as some of you may know I got married this month and most of the time leading up to and after has been spent dealing with the odds and ends of planning your own wedding as well as transitioning into a new job. Considering convention/contest dates seems like poor planning on our part but we had to go with the dates available to us.

Either way all currently submitted entries have been processed and you should have received emails regarding them. Please note anyone who has attempted to create a new account with the system and did not receive an authorization code via email please contact me via PM or email youmafatsubmit [at] gmail.com , provide your user ID and a screenshot of any error will help. I will work to resolve these issues ASAP. Please note that hotmail seems to continue to not deliver messages to peoples inboxes from us, there is nothing we can do about that as it is all on hotmail and not on our end, we suggest using a different email provider.

As for awards, no, they have not all been shipped out yet. Going along with the first topic of this post everything convention/contest related basically fell to the backburner cuz' wedding. We do plan to get the rest of last year's awards shipped out (I would deliver personally at AWA if I was able to this year as I have in years past) soon. I cannot say when specifically but this is on our docket of things to work through in the coming week(s). As for any outstanding awards that have not been shipped or delivered personally we are working on obtaining funds to ship those (I'm actually fronting the bill for last years awards because I'm sick of waiting and they are too awesome to keep in a box in my basement.) We hope to have these issues rectified this year but if you would like a full explanation, more details, or would offer to cover the costs to ship your awards yourself hit me up directly via PM, discord, ect and I will be happy to work with you.

With that all out of the way we are little over a week away from our deadline of October 6th! Looking forward to seeing all the awesome entries this year!
ImageImageImageImage

HunNuke
Org Profile

Post by HunNuke » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Same here now: wedding and job change. Congratulations!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 pm

threw u a bunch

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 am

Deadline clarification. Today is the last day to submit an entry. Entry submissions will be shut down at 12:01am on Oct 7th (about 23 hours from this posting). However web link submissions will still be allowed to be sent in through the weekend as I will be out of town (in Canada) and it's normal procedure at this point. As long as you put in your upload link request and the system shows the link in your entry status you are fine (if the feature to put a link in doesn't exist you waited too long.) Rule of thumb, get your link in by the end of Saturday.

I will still be allowing for re-submission if there is an issue with an entry as usual. Timeframe for the fixed video to be sent in will be Tuesday. You will be contacted via the system when your status is updated informing you that you are eligible to re-submit if it is available.

Little known fact, need an extra few days to finish editing... send in a broken mp4 file that doesn't meet the rules... get a few extra days to edit... profit!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 am

Quick Entry Status Rundown:

Un-viewed - I haven't looked at or done anything with your submission yet
Entry form received - I've seen your entry, but haven't gotten your video yet
Video Received - I've gotten your video
Video Checked - Video has been received and passed 1st round QC. Entries in this stage will compete with the judges who have final QC Check say and may still DQ entries. Check your coordinator notes to see if anything can be changed to resolve this potential problem with your entry
Problems Found - Your entry did not pass 1st round QC. There is a problem. You need to fix and re-submit.

The following 2 status are related to convention showings:

Video Accepted - Entry has been selected to be shown at the convention. This does not mean it has won an award.
Accepted for Overflow - Entry is not part of the convention showing. This does not mean it has not won an award. This also does not mean it wont be shown at any point during the convention.
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 am

"Exhibition" is the general contest, right?

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:23 am

yes
ImageImageImageImage

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Post by Pwcagal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Womp womp. I keep trying to get a verification code to login but it doesn't wanna give me one. I reset my password to make sure I have the right email and it sent me the recovery email. But still no verification email. :(

Return to “AMV Contests”