Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Post by Mol » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Spectrospecs wrote: I have kind of a newbie question to start off with, that I didn't see in any of the guides. On my profile there's a "Usefulness" rating. I submitted my opinions to one video, trying to follow the guidelines for good constructive comments, and it brought my Usefulness down to -1. Did I do something wrong? What does Usefulness even mean on this site?
Hi, I just think it's site calculation messing up a bit, but yeah it looks fine imo. Try writing one more somewhere when you feel like it :P
Still better than that MMO.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 am

Usefulness, as far as I understand it, isn't actually very useful. Ironically. I believe it was based, at the time, on the amount written. Lots of people would leave like "hurr durr yur viday is gewd" or "hate it lolz." But there were a lot of people (like myself) who took the time to write really long detailed opinions, so our usefulness rating would be higher. But... you could also just toss in a bunch of Ipsum Lorem nonsense into the opinion box (godix was notorious for doing this, if I recall correctly), and have a high "usefulness" rating which was literally the opposite.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ColeThePony
Org Profile

Hello !

Post by ColeThePony » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:36 am

Hey everypony, my name is Cole The Pony you might know me as thereallynewmop12100 AMVs.

I made AMVs and PMVs (if you don't know. it's like AMV but with MLP: FIM.
Here's a example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoagLJIJK2c )

I made AMVs and Adventure Time AMVs with Sony Vegas.

ColeThePony
Org Profile

Post by ColeThePony » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 am

Oh. one more thing. I am in the house of the Skittles AMV was uploaded :D

MalkyTop
Org Profile

Post by MalkyTop » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 am

Hi, you can call me Malky. I was recently a finalist in the otakon 2017 contest and I only found out by googling and finding the contest thread here, instead of...an email or anything....but anyways here I am. I told myself that I would only make one but being a finalist kinda has pumped me up to do more......so yeah. Hi.

SuicideKyd
Org Profile

Post by SuicideKyd » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 am

Wow, I haven't been here since I was a wee lad. Had to be back in 2003 maybe 2004? I am surprised such an' old account wasn't purged. I guess more then anything I just wanted to say hello again.
The name is Gambit....remember it!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:16 pm

SuicideKyd wrote:Wow, I haven't been here since I was a wee lad. Had to be back in 2003 maybe 2004? I am surprised such an' old account wasn't purged. I guess more then anything I just wanted to say hello again.
Release some of those AMVs already.

ResidentPyro
Org Profile

Post by ResidentPyro » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 am

Hi people! I'm Kate (or Katharine. Or Pyro. I'm not picky as long as I know I'm being addressed when you're talking to me). I've only been doing AMVs for a little more than a year now? Or at least doing it with any kind of serious intentions, at least. I'm like a leetle baby on the video front. That said, I did get two awards at Connecticon (small convention, I know) this past year, which isn't too bad for the second time I've tried entering at all... woo.

I'm pretty much guaranteed to have at least 5 WIPs at any given time and there's a high chance only about 2 out of those will ever be finished.

I thought joining a forum about AMVs would probably be a good way to try to get better at this. Also at meeting people. But I'm probably going to be lurking a lot at first, especially since I made the brilliant decision to actually join the forum a few days before I'm going to be computer- and internet-less for a week.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am

Welcome to the ghost-town that is a-m-v.org.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 pm

ResidentPyro wrote:Hi people! I'm Kate (or Katharine. Or Pyro. I'm not picky as long as I know I'm being addressed when you're talking to me). I've only been doing AMVs for a little more than a year now? Or at least doing it with any kind of serious intentions, at least. I'm like a leetle baby on the video front. That said, I did get two awards at Connecticon (small convention, I know) this past year, which isn't too bad for the second time I've tried entering at all... woo.

I'm pretty much guaranteed to have at least 5 WIPs at any given time and there's a high chance only about 2 out of those will ever be finished.

I thought joining a forum about AMVs would probably be a good way to try to get better at this. Also at meeting people. But I'm probably going to be lurking a lot at first, especially since I made the brilliant decision to actually join the forum a few days before I'm going to be computer- and internet-less for a week.
Hi person with the same name as me (but a different spelling, and I don't go by Kate). Most people just call me Kio. I've been doing AMVs for... Oh dear lord. The magic of math tells me it's been almost 20 years. Congrats on your wins at Connecticon.

I have yeeeeeears of WIPs that will probably never be finished. :awesome:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Discussion”