ODUCon's 2018 Contest! Let's Edit Out Cancer! [WINNERS POSTED]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
PrincessMareep
Org Profile

ODUCon's 2018 Contest! Let's Edit Out Cancer! [WINNERS POSTED]

Post by PrincessMareep » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello editors and welcome to the official rules for ODUcon's AMV contest!

Our categories are as follows:

Action
Romance/Sentimental
Upbeat
Drama
Comedy/Parody
Free Range Fandom

:cupcake: NEW DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 30th AT 11:59pm EST. :cupcake:

You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.

Submission guidelines are as follows:

All submissions must meet the following standards

Format
- 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 480 resolution (16:9) or no less than 640x480 (4:3)
- 23.976 and 29.97 are strongly preferred; 24, 25, 59.94, and 60 are also acceptable.
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 32000, 41000, or 48000 Hz audio

Video
- MPEG 2
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)

Audio:
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

Submission rules are as follows:

1) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY!!!

2) ALL entries must adhere the format above

3) PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX! If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.

4) NO BUMPERS OR CREDITS permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes an editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.

5) The contest IS PG-13, but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment of ANY kind, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.

6) That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.

7) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalities.

8) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes, 30 seconds running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation.

9) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. HOWEVER, if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots you're more than welcome to one (if we have leftovers)

10) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry. ALL txt documents and AMV submissions should be titled as such " CATEGORY - EDITOR - AMV NAME ".
This makes it easier on us for organizational purposes!!!

FREE RANGE FANDOM

All rules that apply to the other categories applies to this category as well. The only difference is you may use ANY non-anime footage for this. So if you have an Steven Universe, Doctor Who, Voltron, ect video that you haven’t been able to submit to a con, now is your chance!

Submission Form is as Follows:

You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:

- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to

You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to my email: princessmareep@hotmail.com

11) Award certificates will be presented during a formal award show at the convention. If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed or emailed as a .pdf out after the convention (at the expense of the editor if not emailed). If you choose to have your prize snail mailed to you contact me through my email (princessmareep@hotmail.com) WITHIN A WEEK AFTER THE CON. If you don’t, I’m assuming you do not want your prize in that manner and it will be emailed. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery of said prize.

"Now to Edit Out Cancer."

ODUcon is a non-profit college run con where all out proceeds benefits Relay for Life. Like the past years, for every entry I receive for this year's contest I will donate 5 cents. If an editor wishes to make a personal donation, there will be a link posted in the forum when donations will be accepted via online or you can contact me personally.

I await your submissions! <3
Last edited by PrincessMareep on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: ODUCon's 2018 Contest! Let's Edit Out Cancer!

Post by PrincessMareep » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Bump!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Post by guardiansoulblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:29 pm

I submitted my entry, my screen name is the same as here, so if you have any problems downloading my entry, let me know! I resent my entry because I labeled the form wrong, I did not enter my video twice on purose!

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm

guardiansoulblade wrote:I submitted my entry, my screen name is the same as here, so if you have any problems downloading my entry, let me know! I resent my entry because I labeled the form wrong, I did not enter my video twice on purose!
I sent you an email! Thank you for your submission! <3

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 am

There's roughly a month left and we could still use submissions for every category! Let's keep the hard work rolling in!!

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:45 am

Entered!

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 am

Less than a month to go and we are hurting for some more entries! Don't be a last minute submission yall!

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:29 am

We have a week to go and we are in need of more entries!!! Don't submit last minute!

Strawberry Fields AMVS
Org Profile

Post by Strawberry Fields AMVS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Entered all 3

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: ODUCon's 2018 Contest! Let's Edit Out Cancer! EXTENDED DEADLINE!!

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS YALL! I'M EXTENDING THE DEADLINE!

We've gotten some really (!!) good entries so far but there are some categories that could use a bit of a boost! Free Range Fandom especially! Use this extended deadline to your advantage. To all the entries I got last night, I'm going through them and will send you a confirmation email within the week!

Love you all and happy holidays! :3c

Return to “AMV Contests”