Steins;Gate - In the House, In a Heartbeat [AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cneq
Org Profile

Steins;Gate - In the House, In a Heartbeat [AMV]

Post by Cneq » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Just made a Steins;Gate AMV after a pretty long break, Always looking for feedback/advice. Thanks

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate - In the House, In a Heartbeat [AMV]

Post by seasons » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 am

I like the intro, a nice build up that draws the viewer in.

And I know that can't last forever and you've got to get to the main course, but everything that follows feels kind of familiar, insofar as this doesn't really give a a Steins;Gate AMV that I haven't seen before. I do like this music and I think it's a lot more appropriate for the series than the specific kind of hard rock that people maddeningly reach for with this series over and over again. You build a nice sense of atmosphere and a sense of dread and confusion. The lengthy action scene that it leads to is a fitting climax, for sure, but if the viewer has seen a few S;G videos, it's going to feel like familiar territory. The little coda at the end where it feels like the end credits should be was a nice open-ended conclusion, in my opinion, whatever it's worth.

Decent flow, I don't regret watching this, and that's not something I say very often about random AMVs that paw around in this kind of serious tone.

Cneq
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate - In the House, In a Heartbeat [AMV]

Post by Cneq » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 pm

seasons wrote:I like the intro, a nice build up that draws the viewer in.

And I know that can't last forever and you've got to get to the main course, but everything that follows feels kind of familiar, insofar as this doesn't really give a a Steins;Gate AMV that I haven't seen before. I do like this music and I think it's a lot more appropriate for the series than the specific kind of hard rock that people maddeningly reach for with this series over and over again. You build a nice sense of atmosphere and a sense of dread and confusion. The lengthy action scene that it leads to is a fitting climax, for sure, but if the viewer has seen a few S;G videos, it's going to feel like familiar territory. The little coda at the end where it feels like the end credits should be was a nice open-ended conclusion, in my opinion, whatever it's worth.

Decent flow, I don't regret watching this, and that's not something I say very often about random AMVs that paw around in this kind of serious tone.
Thank you very much for the feedback, And I definitely agree that once the action picked up it did get a bit repetitive. I haven't watched a lot of Steins;Gate AMV's myself. But seeing as someone commented on my video saying theirs was really similar, I can for sure see it being pretty familiar to people who watched a few AMV's in the past or even Steins;Gate in general.

Thanks again for the advice & feedback, I'll try to keep in mind people who watched similar content when I make my next AMV.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”