♬ GOD'S BLESSING ON THIS WALTZY WORLD ♬

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
amvclassica
Org Profile

♬ GOD'S BLESSING ON THIS WALTZY WORLD ♬

Post by amvclassica » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:43 pm

(RECOMMENDED WATCHING AT X1.25 SPEED)

Last edited by amvclassica on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: ♬ GOD'S BLESSING ON THIS WALTZY WORLD ♬

Post by seasons » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm

I'm a minute and a half into this and it feels like it's going on forever.

I'm not saying that this is slow-paced, this is just breaking my brain and screwing with my sense of time. I have no idea what to say about this, if I hate it in principle for what it represents or kind of love the absurd depths that you're willing to explore here.

I feel a sense of obligation to stand up for anyone so willing to carve out such a weird little niche for themselves as an editor that defies any clear and established path to popularity. And yet, the potentially brain-rotting consequences of bathing in this stuff is uncharted territory that we won't understand for decades.

I "enjoy" this AMV as much as I do listening to Merzbow or watching one of those Youtube compilations of children getting hurt. Where on that spectrum of morality and art this falls, I cannot say. Gaze long into the abyss, etc.

amvclassica
Org Profile

Post by amvclassica » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:37 am

seasons wrote:I'm a minute and a half into this and it feels like it's going on forever.

I'm not saying that this is slow-paced, this is just breaking my brain and screwing with my sense of time. I have no idea what to say about this, if I hate it in principle for what it represents or kind of love the absurd depths that you're willing to explore here.

I feel a sense of obligation to stand up for anyone so willing to carve out such a weird little niche for themselves as an editor that defies any clear and established path to popularity. And yet, the potentially brain-rotting consequences of bathing in this stuff is uncharted territory that we won't understand for decades.

I "enjoy" this AMV as much as I do listening to Merzbow or watching one of those Youtube compilations of children getting hurt. Where on that spectrum of morality and art this falls, I cannot say. Gaze long into the abyss, etc.
I understand where you're coming from, let me explain what kind of stuff I'm trying to achieve-
these are 2 videos that inspired me in making this

As you can see,
I didn't mean my video to be a conventional AMV, where the purpose is to show as many scenes as possible, while keeping good flow.
But rather, I meant to create a MAD, where the focus is not on flow or showing a wide variety of scenes, but how the characters' actions and voices of certain scenes synergize with the music.
Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy my video. Cheers

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 pm

amvclassica wrote:Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy my video.
I wouldn't say this is what my opinion ultimately boils down to.

You made something different and I appreciate that.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”