AWA 2017 The Video Art Track - WINNERS ON PAGE 3

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
jingoro
Org Profile

AWA 2017 The Video Art Track - WINNERS ON PAGE 3

Post by jingoro » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Click here to jump to the Winners announcement post.

Congratulations to all of the winners of the Anime Weekend Atlanta Video Art Track Contest! :)

--------------------------------------------

Greetings editors!

It's submission season for The Video Art Track, and once again we have no major changes in the contest rules this year.

Anime Weekend Atlanta

Something to remember, Anime Weekend Atlanta is once again 4 days this year. The Video Art Track will be one of the first rooms to open, screening videos the moment we're ready and with official programming starting at Noon Thursday. Be sure to arrive early and don't forget the Editors' Dinner Thursday evening!

Submissions and Rules

Event information is at: http://awa-con.com/events/vat/
Submission URL is https://form.jotform.us/71946015807156
The form will look pretty familiar to you if you've sent us videos in the past.
Complete rules are available at http://awa-con.com/events/vat/entering-the-vat/

This IS a Masters year.

Both The Masters and The Professional Awards requires new content not released online or screened at other conventions.
Explicit content is allowed in The Professional Awards and in The Music Video Exposition. There's now some tick-boxes on the form about this.
The deadline for all contests is September 5. We've kept this a little later, like last year, and have arranged things so there is only one deadline.

The MEP Thunderdome

The MEP Thunderdome returns with a fully stocked private editing bay (Adobe Premiere CC) at Anime Weekend Atlanta that will be available throughout the convention. We will be taking signups for 6 teams of 5 editors each, with each editor given one hour in the edit bay to contribute to their team's MEP, Iron Editor-style, with a few twists of our own.

If you are interested in participating, gather your team of five together, come up with a cool name for you team, then have your team captain fill out the form on the Thunderdome website at http://thunderdome.videoarttrack.com/. Feel free to trash-talk all you like as you prepare to enter The MEP Thunderdome!

Thank You

As always, thank you all for your support of The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta.

Daric "Jingoro" Jackson
Director, The Video Art Track

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2017 The Video Art Track - Deadline SEP 5

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:35 pm

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 pm

John Quincy 'Quincysarus' Adams
Who came up with this

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 am

seasons wrote:
John Quincy 'Quincysarus' Adams
Who came up with this
:oops:

blueshiftofdeath
Org Profile

Post by blueshiftofdeath » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:13 am

I don't want my real name posted anywhere-- is filling in something for "studio name" sufficient, or should I also put "Firstname 'blueshiftofdeath' Lastname" in the name field?

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 pm

blueshiftofdeath wrote:I don't want my real name posted anywhere-- is filling in something for "studio name" sufficient, or should I also put "Firstname 'blueshiftofdeath' Lastname" in the name field?
We need a real name because of stupid post 9/11 postal regulations should we ever need to mail you anything (like, say, a trophy). If you don't particularly care about that, we politely ask because we like to know who you are, but I'm not going to reject an entry over whatever you like to call yourself. ;-)

The form will require a name. If you must, feel free to put "anonymous", "pseudonymous" or just an editor name. Not all editor names are studio names and vice-versa.

blueshiftofdeath
Org Profile

Post by blueshiftofdeath » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:16 am

jingoro wrote:
blueshiftofdeath wrote:I don't want my real name posted anywhere-- is filling in something for "studio name" sufficient, or should I also put "Firstname 'blueshiftofdeath' Lastname" in the name field?
We need a real name because of stupid post 9/11 postal regulations should we ever need to mail you anything (like, say, a trophy). If you don't particularly care about that, we politely ask because we like to know who you are, but I'm not going to reject an entry over whatever you like to call yourself. ;-)

The form will require a name. If you must, feel free to put "anonymous", "pseudonymous" or just an editor name. Not all editor names are studio names and vice-versa.
Cool, thanks! :D

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Is there an exact time for the deadline or is it as long as we get it submitted by the 5th of September?
ImageImage

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:38 pm

shorisquared wrote:Is there an exact time for the deadline or is it as long as we get it submitted by the 5th of September?
If it is still September 5 anywhere in the world when you begin your upload, you'll be fine.

fields19892000
Org Profile

Post by fields19892000 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Sent in one video don't think my second will be done got a block

Return to “AMV Contests”