Need feedback On New AMV

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

ImDasman
Org Profile

Need feedback On New AMV

Post by ImDasman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 am

I need some feedback on my most recent AMV, I have been trying to improve and would love for some feedback on what to do next. If you need to refer to my other work, here is the link.

If you want feedback on your work just let me know and I will try my best :)

MalkyTop
Org Profile

Re: Need feedback On New AMV

Post by MalkyTop » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi there. I'm new myself, but I hope my feedback is helpful anyways. ^^;;

First of all I think your sense of timing is nice. The beginning fistbump felt great and that sort of feeling carried through to the end, I felt. Same thing with the use of effects and the timing of those as well.

I think mostly what feels off to me are some of the clips that you use. Such as about 32 seconds in, you use a wider shot when the video has been mostly close to the action. The wider shot doesn't feel right, due to how far it is, and being able to see all the movement at once makes it look a little silly, somehow. The other clip that seems off is around the 1 minute mark -- at this point, the song has lowered in intensity, so this particular clip feels like it has too much action for the music. I can't really say what I would do for the lead-in to the shot there, since I've never watched this show...but the "full speed and sudden slow-down" thing might work here?

That's all I have to say.

ImDasman
Org Profile

Post by ImDasman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 pm

MalkyTop wrote:Hi there. I'm new myself, but I hope my feedback is helpful anyways. ^^;;

First of all I think your sense of timing is nice. The beginning fistbump felt great and that sort of feeling carried through to the end, I felt. Same thing with the use of effects and the timing of those as well.

I think mostly what feels off to me are some of the clips that you use. Such as about 32 seconds in, you use a wider shot when the video has been mostly close to the action. The wider shot doesn't feel right, due to how far it is, and being able to see all the movement at once makes it look a little silly, somehow. The other clip that seems off is around the 1 minute mark -- at this point, the song has lowered in intensity, so this particular clip feels like it has too much action for the music. I can't really say what I would do for the lead-in to the shot there, since I've never watched this show...but the "full speed and sudden slow-down" thing might work here?

That's all I have to say.
Thank you for the feedback, I never really thought about how the shots were, but now that you pointed it out that shot at 32 is off for sure. For the clip at 1 minute, yeah I wasn't sure on what a good clip was for that character, but will try to remember to slow donw the action when transitioning to a slow part. Will be keeping this feedback in mind when working on my future work.

MalkyTop
Org Profile

Post by MalkyTop » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 pm

You're welcome! I hope you don't mind me asking for some feedback in return?

Return to “Works in Progress”