Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Studio Hawk wrote:So now for the important question....how many of these videos are using Dragon Maid? Based on Vic's comment around submission time, I'm guessing about 110%.
Based on my hunches, we can expect at least two Dragon Maid videos.

As for the news of the finalists, I very happy to hear that I made it in. Now for the hard part: keeping news about this from my roommate until the ride to the con.

Congrats and good luck to the rest of the finalists.

PantsAMV
Org Profile

Post by PantsAMV » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Gratz to all the finalists!

Would've loved to be there in person, but I doubt I'll find any hotel rooms now despite having transportation :sweat:

Krigen
Org Profile

Post by Krigen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Which categories were tough this year?

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Krigen wrote:Which categories were tough this year?
Drama/Serious.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:29 am

VicBond007 wrote:
Krigen wrote:Which categories were tough this year?
Drama/Serious.
Drama:
Spoiler :
Serious:
Spoiler :

Drabaz
Org Profile

Post by Drabaz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:36 am

Congrats everyone!!

Is anyone else conflicted about going to either the AMV contest or the Anisong World concerts? Friday concert starts at 7pm and Saturday concert starts at 3pm. Arnt those usually the same times as the AMV contests?

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm

We only have tickets for Friday so it isn't that big a deal

I'm more :( over the timing of the "AMV Awards" block on Sunday. If the winners aren't being announced Saturday night, I'm going to have to miss it for "Knitting in Japan" because I'm presenting that one. :beer:

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Drabaz wrote:Congrats everyone!!

Is anyone else conflicted about going to either the AMV contest or the Anisong World concerts? Friday concert starts at 7pm and Saturday concert starts at 3pm. Arnt those usually the same times as the AMV contests?
The schedule just came out, and in a move that would please people wanting to attend both events (while pissing off others like me, who want to get the Dealers Room out of the way before things sell out), the Contest is scheduled for 1:00PM Friday and 11:00AM Saturday.

Again, I am NOT happy with the scheduling of the AMV Contest, as it seriously throws a wrench at my usual Friday Otakon plans.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am

TnAdct1 wrote: The schedule just came out, and in a move that would please people wanting to attend both events (while pissing off others like me, who want to get the Dealers Room out of the way before things sell out), the Contest is scheduled for 1:00PM Friday and 11:00AM Saturday.

Again, I am NOT happy with the scheduling of the AMV Contest, as it seriously throws a wrench at my usual Friday Otakon plans.
This was the only time that we could get the ballroom. The convention center only has 2 "giant" rooms. The ballroom in the hotel, and main events in the con center. The alternative option was that we would simulcast in AMV Theater and Video 2, which combined, only seats 1000 people, a far cry from the 1800 capacity ballroom, and would result in people being turned away from the AMV contest on both Friday and Saturday. Also, this simulcast time slot would run against the concert on both days, and we don't want to pull people away from the concerts. They're a once in a lifetime opportunity.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Drabaz
Org Profile

Post by Drabaz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 am

VicBond007 wrote:Also, this simulcast time slot would run against the concert on both days, and we don't want to pull people away from the concerts. They're a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Bless you, sir.

Return to “AMV Contests”