AMV League - Season 3 Nationals Results! And the Best AMV of the Year is...

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - Anime CTX Closes ONE WEEK! (7/26) - San Japan & Comedy/Trailer close 8/24

Post by Pathos Prime » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 am

With ONE WEEK LEFT to submit to Anime CTX, the submissions list looks like this:

ACTION - 0
DRAMA - 2
GENERAL - 2

Let's see those awesome entries and make this contest as amazing as they've all been this year. :D

TheAsian777
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - Anime CTX Closes ONE WEEK! (7/26) - San Japan & Comedy/Trailer close 8/24

Post by TheAsian777 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:41 am

I sent a submission - I've yet to get a confirmation.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 pm

TheAsian777 wrote:I sent a submission - I've yet to get a confirmation.
Rats, it's supposed to send out confirmations automatically. Lemme look into it.

TheAsian777
Org Profile

Post by TheAsian777 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Pathos Prime wrote:
TheAsian777 wrote:I sent a submission - I've yet to get a confirmation.
Rats, it's supposed to send out confirmations automatically. Lemme look into it.
Nevermind - I found it! I had to dig through some e-mails, but I found it! Thanks for your time!

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 am

Three days left for Anime CTX!

Current submissions:

Action - 1
Drama - 4
General - 3

If we can get three awards at a first year convention, that'd be a feat - but I think that's doable! Let's see some more amazing entries in every category!

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - TONS OF NEWS - CTX Results! - Season 4 Events! - San Japan & Comedy/Trailer close 8/24

Post by Pathos Prime » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Lots to announce today!

First off, let's give our winners from Anime CTX a round of applause!

BEST OVERALL - "Make it Up" by Kyci

RUNNER-UP - "Anime Master Chef" by AntaresHeart07

FINALISTS:
"A Reason to Change" by Azukano
"Protium 3.0 - DiEnd" by TritioAFB
"Sweating Bullets" by Maboroshi Studio
"Spiralwalker" by Shorisquared
"The Show Will Go On" by Mysunsai
"Paradox" by konohaANBU
"Let's Party Up!" by TheAsian777
"Follow the Light" by Heshan
"Brave" by Faelen

This was an amazing contest for a first-year convention! Be sure to check all of these out on http://amvleague.com!

========================================

Second... drumroll, please. Because it's time for --

We've got our first four FIVE AMV League Events lined up for our fourth season!

*Tsubasacon - Huntington, WV
*Anime North Texas - Dallas, TX
*Yama-Con - Pigeon Forge, TN
*Ikkicon - Austin, TX
*Anime Con Arkansas - Little Rock, AR

These will NOT be the only events of the Season; rest assured we'll get more added to the list as soon as they're confirmed!

============================================================
New Rules for Season 4

We've tweaked the rules a bit for Season 4, so make sure to familiarize yourself with the new stuff. It's nothing super drastic, and it all ends up benefiting YOU, the editor. :D

TL;DR version:

1. We understand that the whole "one shot" nature of AMV League has a tendency to make some editors reluctant to submit.
So the biggest change is that there will be far more videos going to the AMV League Nationals this year. In addition to all "Best" winners, we will be sending one "Honorable Mention" from each contest! While 'Honorable Mention' before was just kind of an informal way of calling out videos we felt deserved more attention, in Season 4, Honorable Mention will be defined as "the highest scoring video that did not win a Best award."
2. The two "Wild Card" videos added to the Nationals at the end of the Season will no longer be chosen by us, but will instead be the two highest scoring videos from all contests that have not yet made it into the Nationals.
Between these two rules changes, we feel that it will remove some subjectivity from the contests and make it more fair to editors - good videos that score well will rise to the top, even if they were unlucky enough to be submitted to a crowded contest.
3. We've removed the X-Factor criterion in order to eliminate more subjectivity. 'Special Effects' has reverted to 'Technical Prowess' and will now include video issues such as aspect ratio, encoding, and rendering.
4. Each category will now be out of 20 points rather than 10, to allow for more fine-tuning when judging.
5. 'General' has been renamed 'Fun/Upbeat.' This is to discourage the pattern we've been seeing over the last season where people will try and sneak in an extra Action or Drama video in by categorizing it as General, or submitting their Action/Drama videos to General because they think the competition will be easier.
6. As part of the last rule, AMV League judges will be faaaaaar stricter this year when it comes to categorization, and will be less hesitant to recategorize a video if necessary.
7. Finally, we're not doing the Comedy/Trailer Nationals again in Season 4 because hooooo boy that didn't work. We will now be accepting Comedy submissions in Fun/Upbeat and Trailers in the appropriate category for the 'feel' of the Trailer.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - TONS OF NEWS - CTX Results! - Season 4 Events! - San Japan & Comedy/Trailer close 8/24

Post by Pathos Prime » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm

So, uh, remember how I said there would definitely be more AMV League events to be announced? Well, that didn't take long at all! We just got the confirmation for Yama-Con in Pigeon Forge, TN We've added it to the last post. :)

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:35 pm

With only 10 days to go, how are our final AMV League Season 3 events coming along?

San Japan:
ACTION - 1
DRAMA - 5
GENERAL - 3

Comedy/Trailer Nationals:
COMEDY - 4
TRAILER - 12

A quick reminder that if you've submitted a Comedy or Trailer video to AMV League in the past, we ARE allowing you to resubmit, provided the video was rolled into the General category AND did not win an award. This could be your only chance to resubmit a video to an AMV League Contest, so don't miss it. :D

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - San Japan and Comedy/Trailer close WEDNESDAY 8/24 at MIDNIGHT!

Post by Pathos Prime » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Here's how we're sitting with just about 24 hours left to submit!

San Japan:
ACTION - 3
DRAMA - 5
GENERAL - 4

Comedy/Trailer Nationals:
COMEDY - 8
TRAILER - 15

We still need one more Action video to make this a three-category contest, and more all around will make this contest amazing! Let's see what y'all've got! :D

KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

Re: AMV League - San Japan and Comedy/Trailer close WEDNESDAY 8/24 at MIDNIGHT!

Post by KiddTheManiac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Bumping once again to hopefully score some awesome last-minute entries!

Return to “AMV Contests”