AMV MEP Etiquette?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

AMV MEP Etiquette?

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 am

Hi! So I've been working on a few projects, some for myself and a few for some great MEPs. But I was just wondering, is there a proper etiquette required when working on a MEP. Like I've heard things like don't enter a video you have for a MEP in your own collection cause it's rude and it's basically plagiarism in terms of AMV sharing. Since I'm new to the AMV community, I was wondering if there are any other pieces of etiquette in regards to MEPs that would be important to know. That would really be helpful :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: AMV MEP Etiquette?

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:58 am

There is no real etiquette. Rather, it is common, and encouraged, for a MEP to have a set of rules estabilished by the project coordinator, so the participants should simply follow those rules. Sharing the track on its own has happened in the past quite a few times, and is allowed as long as the project coordinator is fine with it. However, it's common to wait for the MEP's release before doing so... unless the project dies out, and the editor finally releases the track since it would otherwise never be released.

As for the first example that comes to my mind:

was released on its own the same day

was released.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 am

Common sense works here. If the project coordinator is ok with releasing individual tracks then it's ok.. AFTER the project itself is released. If the project dies out and you have finished track then I see it SHOULD be released individually. Of course IF the editor wants it to be seen. This goes also so that the work put into that track doesn't go to waste.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 pm

My number one rule when ti comes to MEPs is

1. Don't!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 pm

I want to do one some day but this isn't 2006 and nobody cares anymore.

Return to “General AMV”