Animethon 24 (2017) AMV Contest - With Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Animethon 24 (2017) AMV Contest - Open for Entires

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 pm

So far the flood has been light.... I hope I see more entries tonight

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
animefan1 wrote:Sure thing! I will be submitting my entries in an hour or two. But I had a question with regarding one of the AMV's that I wanted to enter. No I'm not sure if comedy would be one of the categories for the AMV contest, but if so, I have an AMV that features music, although it's just singing with no instrumentals. Now I just uploaded the full version of the AMV here, and I'm not sure whether or not I have to take out the ending credits or not. Judging by the rules of other AMV contest, I probably do. Just please specify whether or not I do.

But on to the AMV itself. Now before I show you the link to it, I have one VERY important question I have to ask you...
Yes, credits need to be removed.... Just singing can be op too, so long as it's a song... And the other important questions is?

Vlad
Ok, thank you for telling me. The other important question in relation to one of the AMV's I want to submit is...

Are Asians More Androgynous? :lol:

https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... p?v=202678

And the description before you see the description spells it out as to the full explanation for why I made this AMV. And since it's LGBT/Queer Month, (here in America at least) i'd figured that this would actually be helpful regarding the Androgynous community in general, since at least here in America, they don't often get talked about, also w/ regards to what issues they have to face as Androgynous people. So even though this is a comedy AMV, like I said in the description, I hope that this AMV will start a conversation regarding the Androgynous community and the issues they have to face. So ok, here's the link to the Youtube version of it as well. Since i'm a Youtube Partner now, a good chunk of my income is dependent on money I make from the ads on my videos so please disable Adblock and/or other like programs before you click on the link out of respect for all the hard work I put into these videos I spend many hours making. Thank you and here's the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8F4wPSvzo

And an "AMV contest" version of the AMV will be "rendered", uploaded, and linked to you guys within the hour so you don't have to worry about that.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:20 am

Ok, i'm just about to submit my entries, sorry, that LAST AMV took much longer than I expected to fix. Plus, I realized that when you render an AMV in 720p, even if the original footage is mostly 480p anyway, it will STILL look much better rendered as a 720p AMV, rather than a 480p AMV. Just as an FYI. Ok, here they are, in like 10 minutes or so.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:49 am

Ok, bad news. The form is down and there was still like a half hour when I tried to submit my AMV's. What gives? I sent an email to the AMV email address so you can contact me there, or on here. Either way is fine. Ok, thank you in advance.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 am

NOTE TO ALL,
I promised to keep the contest signup form open till 11:59 pst, but it auto closed at 11:59 MST, so I'll get it reopened and extend the Deadline till 6:00 pm EST Saturday as I know a few of you want to still enter.. I'll try to get the form opened up by noon if not sooner

sorry about that

VLad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:03 am

FORM IS BACK UP... Again I'll leave it open till 7:oo pm EST tommrrow..

ALSO, If anyone wants to send in a trailer, commercials or intro parody, I just about got enough for a full category! :D

Vlad

King Redeem
Org Profile

Post by King Redeem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:41 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: ALSO, If anyone wants to send in a trailer, commercials or intro parody, I just about got enough for a full category! :D
MAKE IT HAPPEN FOLKS :puppy:

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:FORM IS BACK UP... Again I'll leave it open till 7:oo pm EST tommrrow..

ALSO, If anyone wants to send in a trailer, commercials or intro parody, I just about got enough for a full category! :D

Vlad
I'll send in another entry if you really need it. :awesome:
ImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 am

Just remember.. teo entires per person or group is still the max

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:58 pm

A commercial, intro or trailer or two will just about do it... Even one or two more comedy AMVs would be great... Deadline extended to 7:00 EST tonight (SAT)

Thanks everyone!

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”