The Disney MEP V: [Cancelled]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Darkseid
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Post by Darkseid » Sun May 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST: Main Title & Overture
Song Artist: John Barry
Disney Film: The Black Hole
Editor: "Darkseid" Darius Washington
Last edited by Darkseid on Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Darkseid wrote:Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST Main Title
If there's one Disney film I wanted to use as an audio source for an AMV, it's this one (with me considering thinking that the track you chose could work for Magnetic Rose, although I've also consider using the overture to either the original Macross or Gundam). :up:

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi guys, hi Kire,
I've updated the proof of concept: some scenes may change until the final one (I really don't know if keep the 'candlestick tricks' part, initially I've edited the audio track without it), and it's still lacking of many parts but I'll slowly fill the missing ones.
I also have some concerns about the initial part (that is not from Shokugeki but from WWW.working) but if you think it could work I'll keep it.
As always, sorry if I've somewhat writed in a strange english :P
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Just uploaded my final. If anyone has any qualms I can still tweak it a bit so please let me know if you have any criticism.
°Vej° wrote:Hi guys, hi Kire,
I've updated the proof of concept: some scenes may change until the final one (I really don't know if keep the 'candlestick tricks' part, initially I've edited the audio track without it), and it's still lacking of many parts but I'll slowly fill the missing ones.
I also have some concerns about the initial part (that is not from Shokugeki but from http://WWW.working) but if you think it could work I'll keep it.
As always, sorry if I've somewhat writed in a strange english :P
A bit too soon for me to give criticism Vej since there's a lot of blanks in it, but I did really enjoy the chorus! Looking good so far and looking forward to seeing more added!

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:34 pm

I might have to resign the position due to technical difficulties with sony vegas. I upgraded to windows 10 and it appears the version i have isnt handling it well. Or tbh i dont know. it wont take anything longther than a couple minute episodes. which isnt very practical since most episodes are 22 mintues roughly. >_>

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

Mkid wrote:I might have to resign the position due to technical difficulties with sony vegas. I upgraded to windows 10 and it appears the version i have isnt handling it well. Or tbh i dont know. it wont take anything longther than a couple minute episodes. which isnt very practical since most episodes are 22 mintues roughly. >_>

Have you tried using a program like SolveigMM AVI Trimmer+MKV to trim down the footage that you want to use?

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Finally back to editing!!

Scales and Arpeggios has a beta up. I kinda wanted to focus on the players as children though there isn't much footage. I know some more movement could be implemented. But I hope you all enjoy~ I'll be giving some beta tests on what i think of the other betas later this week.
ImageImage
ImageImage

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 pm

hamstar138 wrote:Finally back to editing!!

Scales and Arpeggios has a beta up. I kinda wanted to focus on the players as children though there isn't much footage. I know some more movement could be implemented. But I hope you all enjoy~ I'll be giving some beta tests on what i think of the other betas later this week.
That was my main criticism with this. While the amv fit lyric matching it was slow in some parts. Either incorporate more movement in some of the areas or add more clips, which I know is probably more difficult...still see about speeding up the pacing in the amv and it'll be perfect! On a positive note your timing is spot on.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Darkseid wrote:Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST: Main Title & Overture
moezy-chan wrote:Submitting another amv:

Anime: Koe no Katachi
Song: Someone's Waiting for You
Song Artist: Shelby Flint
Disney Film: The Rescuers
Editor: moezy-chan
added :up:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Also, here is a PSA to everyone. I may have been slightly out of my mind when I set the proof of concept deadline for June 12th. With MomoCon being at the end of May, that deadline was literally impossible for me. Up until about a hour ago, I had actually thought I set it for the end of the month, and burst out laughing when I realized what I did. I literally just started my first track today :rofl: .

So with that in mind, I'm pushing back all the deadlines by exactly 1 month. There are a number of people that contacted me about not being able to make that date anyway. I also changed the possible premiere from Otakon to AWA since it fits in a lot better with our new timeline, and probably has more flexibility in terms of squeezing it into the con schedule.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”