Fanime FMV Competition 2017 - Winners posted!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
gAKi
Org Profile

Fanime FMV Competition 2017 - Winners posted!

Post by gAKi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:25 am

It's that time of year again! The Fanime AMV/FMV contest is open this year for entries!

The Basics:

AMVs must be at least 30 seconds, and no longer than 6 minutes.
Up to 3 entries per person/group; only 1 video per category allowed.
No bumpers, subtitles (unless made by you), watermarks, personal identifiers, titles, company logos or credits.
No AMV Hell-style videos allowed.
Videos that have been sent to prior Fanime AMV contests, altered or not, will not be accepted.
Video must have premiered after July 1, 2016
AMV must contain at least 70% anime, manga, or video game footage.
Must have a minimum resolution of 640x480 and a frame rate of 23.97 or 29.97.

Due April 21, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PDT

Categories:
Action
Comedy
Drama
Trailer
Upbeat

Encoding
MP4s using H.264/AVC compression are preferred. However, we will also work with AVIs and MPEG2 files. Files larger than 400MB won't be downloaded, so PLEASE compress your work.

Awards
The awards are TBA at a later date.

Prizes will be sent to winners who are not in attendance following the con, but please try to make it to the awards ceremony! More details on that will be provided once we know more about our time slots over the course of Fanime 2017.

Disqualification Rules:
Videos containing portions of another editor's video will be disqualified and the submitter of said video will be permanently banned from all subsequent contests.
Participants who submit videos that are not their own will also be banned permanently.
Refusal to provide one's legal name will result in disqualification from the contest.

Judging & Use:
Videos will be prescreened and judged prior to the convention. The judges reserve the right to move a video to another category if they feel it would be a better fit.
Fanime reserves the right to use submitted AMVs during the convention and subsequent Fanime conventions, regardless of Finalist status.

Due Date:

Competing AMVs and their submission form are due by April 21, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PDT.

Submission Form:
Please go to https://goo.gl/vOBfPz, fill out the form and provide a download link to your video. Streaming sites are not accepted (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo). We can download from a-m-v.org's local server, but remember, no intros/bumpers/watermarks/titles/credits/etc.
If you don't have all of your videos available at the same time, feel free to use the form multiple times. Please contact us if you need/want to replace an entry with a new one or need to give us an updated download link, however.

If you have any questions, email us at gaki.amv(at)gmail.com. Confirmation emails will be sent out from fmvcontestofficial(at)gmail.com.

Good luck to the entrants!
Last edited by gAKi on Tue May 30, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017

gAKi
Org Profile

Re: Fanime FMV Competition 2017 - Now open for entries!

Post by gAKi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Just a heads up folks! The deadline on 21st is fast approaching! 5 days left as of today!

As for the prizes, they’ve yet to be completely finalized by the con itself, but we will be using the same set-up we did last year. $70 Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded to the winners of each respective category, and then a $100 Amazon Gift Card for the Best In Show as chosen by the audience and another $100 Gift Card for the Judge’s Best In Show.

Best of luck to the entrants!

gAKi
Org Profile

Post by gAKi » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Not quite 48 hours, but the deadline is coming up folks!

gAKi
Org Profile

Post by gAKi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am

More like 17 hours and change, but close enough. The deadline is fast approaching! The entry form will be closed at midnight tonight, so please, if you plan on entering, make sure that you've submitted your video with the instructions as per the OP.

To the contestants that haven't received a confirmation email, please be patient! They'll be sent out this weekend following the closing of the entry Google form.

gAKi
Org Profile

Re: Fanime FMV Competition 2017 - Entry period now closed!

Post by gAKi » Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Been awhile folks, but we're down to the last few days before the contest. Here's your finalists for the Fanimecon Music Video contest for 2017!

ACTION
A-1 Rider4Z
A-2 Xophilarus
A-3 Shin
A-4 SeanPNG
A-5 Speedy180
A-6 MrNosec

DRAMA
D-1 Mysunsai
D-2 Rider4Z
D-3 MycathatesyouAMV
D-4 MegaMadTax
D-5 Celia Phantomhive
D-6 Nekokitkat

TRAILER

T-1 ProjectTwinsAMV
T-2 King Redeem
T-3 BecauseImBored1
T-4 MinetChan
T-5 Kireblue and SerenityAMV
T-6 Maboroshi Studio

UPBEAT
U-1 Tigrin
U-2 AntaresHeart07
U-3 King Redeem
U-4 MycathatesyouAMV
U-5 Celia Phantomhive
U-6 Shin

COMEDY
C-1 King Redeem
C-2 Kyci
C-3 Goober
C-4 Celia Phantomhive
C-5 Maboroshi Studio
C-6 drewaconclusion

*Edited down to only editor names because my second pointed out I'm an idiot :X
Last edited by gAKi on Thu May 25, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Congrats everyone and GL!!!
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Congrats to the finalists!

I'm interested in attending to see my video play, but I've never been to Fanime before. I can't seem to find any information on the website about how much a badge costs or when the AMVs will be shown.
Last edited by Tigrin on Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gAKi
Org Profile

Post by gAKi » Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 pm

I can't find anything about the badge costs without going through the registration process either. There might be a chance it's in an area that may not require badges. If I find anything, I'll let you know ASAP. As far as the airing of the contest, we're going to be showing the videos twice - the first time will be the only voting airing, on Saturday the 27th at 3-6PM in the Main Video and Industry Rooms, then Sunday in the same rooms. Programming coordinator hasn't given a time slot on that just yet.

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Thu May 25, 2017 7:43 am

Tigrin wrote:Wow, that is an intimidating list of great videos. Congrats to the finalists!

I'm interested in attending to see my video play, but I've never been to Fanime before. I can't seem to find any information on the website about how much a badge costs or when the AMVs will be shown.
http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/

It's right there under Prices, subtext "FanimeCon/ Clockwork Alchemy 2017 At-Con Membership Prices:"
ImageImage

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 pm

shorisquared wrote:
Tigrin wrote:Wow, that is an intimidating list of great videos. Congrats to the finalists!

http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/

It's right there under Prices, subtext "FanimeCon/ Clockwork Alchemy 2017 At-Con Membership Prices:"
Oof that's what I get for waiting until the last minute. It sounds like some of my coworkers are going so I'll definitely try to come down on Saturday and make a day of it. :)

Return to “AMV Contests”