New to AMVs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: New to AMVs

Post by ngsilver » Tue May 09, 2017 3:37 pm

There is also Davincia Resolve that BlackMagic is giving away for free. It used to be just a color correction tool but now it's a full NLE as well. It's usable and pretty powerful. It's free. Though it has a similar learning curve to Adobe and even Avid really. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... nciresolve

Honestly, I taught myself Premier and it's really the only NLE I've ever actually really used. I've tried WMM, Vegas, and others and found them hard to get into just as hard as Premier was starting off even if I knew how to use an NLE already. So really it's about what you have access to and what you want to learn on.
ImageImageImageImage

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: New to AMVs

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 am

I started with WMM but it's very different to how it is now. I personally do not like the new WMM at all now so I wouldn't suggest WMM. However after I edited with the older version of WMM I went to Sony Vegas which really wasn't that big of a jump. At the same time though I'd say that the super basic stuff of adobe premier, basic cuts and fades really isn't too complex, so if you wanted to go that route I'd disagree with DopplerDo's statement that it's hard to learn. If you can hit i and o for in and out on the segment you want of your clip and drag and drop it from the preview window to the timeline you basically have the basics down. Then as you progress as an editor you pick up other things and don't have to make a bigger jump later on. For me I'd say that adobe premier is closer to how the old WMM was, but that statement wouldn't hold up with what I saw of WMM here recently. Adobe can be expensive though so Sony Vegas would be a cheaper option that wouldn't be too hard to pick up as a beginner. I've only had experience with WMM, Sony Vegas, and Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects though so I can't say much about Magix or any other editors out there, but I know that there are a few other popular ones out there that others use some of which are free or cheaper than Sony Vegas and Premier.

Return to “General AMV”