Broadway the MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Broadway the MEP

Post by hamstar138 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Everyone! I've had this idea for awhile, but I would like to try a huge broadway MEP style (kinda like the Disney MEP). Tr0ubleclef and I will be hosting this wonderful MEP! (also used your formatting of this MEP Erik so i can organize this a bit better. ^_^;;)

CONCEPT
So the concept is broadway of course (ex: Wicked, Hamilton, Chicago, Heathers, etc). We want to highlight broadway and what makes it fun, emotional and overall just musically enjoyable. This will a compilation video, so you will create a new AMV using one of broadways greatest hits and then when the MEP is finished we will put it together and basically make our own broadway show in an AMV. The MEP will be starting June 2017, Betas are due in December 2017 and FINALLY the MEP is planned to be done in June 2018. So you guys have 1 year to work on an amazing Broadway AMV.

RULES

1.) Please be supportive for your fellow editors. We encourage those participating to PLEASE beta test each others work. It will help your fellow editor and help them to making an amazing AMV

2.) We know that the due date is about a year from now. But PLEASE KEEP WITH DATES. I don't like chasing people down and it's a lot of work to do so. Sometimes the chat here might not be active but that doesn't mean someone isn't working on their track/idea. We ask that you please respect the due dates.

3.) Once an Anime has been claimed that anime can't be used again for the MEP (we realize some songs can be long and having the same anime for a long song will be a bit much.)

4.) ONE HAMILTON SONG! Me and Trouble talked it over and while we know Hamilton is popular we don't want it to take over this MEP. There is so many more broadway shows. So once Hamilton is taken, it's not an option anymore...sorry.

5.) If you would like to use a Disney song it HAS to be the Broadway version of the song. We have a wonderful Disney MEP, and we'd like to keep the two separated one way or another.

6.) If you feel you could cut your song that would be fine. I won't reject using the full song (but if there is A LOT of talking in the middle, like if there is no music but just talking, ...it'd be best to cut that most likely).

7.) We ask that footage for the AMV will be cleaned and look nice. If there are watermarks, pixelation and whatnot we'll ask for a more clean version.

TEXT SPECS

Preferred Resolution: 1280 x 720
Fps: 23.976
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Field Order: None/ Progressive

Betas: MP4 Format Via ZarxGui264
Final: Lagarith/UT Lossless AVI OR MP4 Lossless

CLAIMING TRACKS

1.) Please make sure it works with the rules above

2.) Please make sure your anime and or track hasn't been taken!!! <<--- IMPORTANT

3.) Does footage look nice and meet tech specs?

4.) If it meets all these questions. Then you're all good to claim a track. :D
Anime:
Song:
Song Artist:
Broadway:
Editor:
DEADLINES

Full Beta Deadline: December 2017
Final Videos Due: June 2018
MEP Premiere: Late June/July 2018

CLAIMED TRACKS
Spoiler :
Claimed
Beta done
Final Video Done & Approved
------------
Anime: Yuri On Ice
Song: Waving Through Windows
Song Artist: Ben Platt
Broadway: Dear Evan Hanson
Editor:hamstar138

Members Only Information

Read under the spoiler for Members Only information. Only read if you're part of the MEP and need to know the relevant details on track statues and how to submit betas.
Spoiler :
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tr0ubleclef
Org Profile

Re: Broadway the MEP

Post by Tr0ubleclef » Fri May 05, 2017 10:09 am

I'll be making a sort of a primer playlist in case you're curious about anything beyond the crossover hits (Book of Mormon, Wicked, Hamilton). Look out for that later this afternoon!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri May 05, 2017 11:53 am

I'll probably join in on this. I just gotta decide which of my Broadway ideas I'll be making for cons this year, and which ones I'll save for the MEP. It might also be fun to have MEPs within this MEP. Like what if once of the tracks were a MEP to Cell Block Tango or Elephant Love Medley

And on that note, are Broadway movies allowed? Or movies with Broadway-esque themes like Sweeny Todd?

Tr0ubleclef
Org Profile

Post by Tr0ubleclef » Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Hey Kireblue!

I really like the idea of the Mep-Ception of Cell Block Tango, so if anyone would like to get a group together and do that, I'd be ecstatic.

As for Broadway movies, I'd say that adaptations of Broadway musicals (Sweeney Todd, Hairspray, Chicago) would be allowed, because sometimes the sound production is a little more polished and pleasant to the ear than the cast recordings (See RENT OBC vs RENT movie soundtrack), but not ones with "Broadway-esque themes" such as Moulin Rouge, Camp, or High School Musical.

Tr0ubleclef
Org Profile

Post by Tr0ubleclef » Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm

As promised, here is my Broadway Primer. It includes about 5 songs from each decade, so you get a good spread of styles and themes. There are many more in each decade worth listening to, but I picked the highlights (in my opinion) of each, then either a highlight from each show or the most commonly known one.

Funny Girl - “Don’t Rain on My Parade”
Kiss Me Kate - “Tom Dick or Harry”
Oklahoma - “Oh What a Beautiful Morning”
Once Upon a Mattress - “Shy”
Gypsy - “Rose’s Turn”
Camelot - “Lusty Month Of May”
Oliver! - “It’s a Fine Life”
Annie Get Your Gun - “You Can’t Get a Man with a Gun”
Cabaret - “Wilkommen”
Hair - “Sodomy”
Jesus Christ Superstar - “Heaven on their Minds”
Company - “Ladies Who Lunch”
Grease - “Greased Lightning”
A Chorus Line - “What I Did For Love”
Evita - “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina”
Miss Saigon - “The American Dream”
Fiddler on the Roof - “To Life”
Dreamgirls - “One Night Only”
Sunday in the Park with George - “Putting it Together”
Chess - “One Night in Bangkok”
Beauty and the Beast - “Home”
Jekyll and Hyde - “Bring on the Men”
Hedwig and the Angry Inch - “Sugar Daddy”
RENT - “What You Own”
Sunset Boulevard - “As If We Never Said Goodbye”
Spring Awakening - “Bitch of Living”
Legally Blonde - “Bend and Snap”
Next to Normal - “Wish I Were Here”
In the Heights - “In the Heights”
Shrek - “Story of My Life”
Fun Home - “Changing My Major”
Something Rotten! - “A Musical”
Tuck Everlasting - “Time”
Waitress - “Never Ever Getting Rid of Me”
Dear Evan Hansen - “You Will Be Found”

On Nostalgia: Anastasia was turned into a musical this year. Also, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Newsies, Little Mermaid, and Freaky Friday are all the Disney movies that have made their way to the stage.

EGOT Winners: Richard Rogers (of Rogers and Hammerstein), Alan Menken, Marvin Hamlisch, Mel Brooks, and Robert Lopez, are all composers and directors who have won the most prestigious of rewards that the Stage and Screen have to offer. So their works are also good places to expand on. Those who have come closed but not finished their EGOT: Lin Manuel Miranda, Stephen Sondheim, Leonard Bernstein, Tim Rice, Howard Ashman, and Frank Loesser.

I think I've covered most of my bases, enjoy my (admittedly condensed) primer for Broadway musicals!

Tr0ubleclef
Org Profile

Post by Tr0ubleclef » Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm

And I will NOT be nitpicky about Off Broadway shows such as Spamilton, Heathers, or Last Five Years. I may split hairs on movie musicals, but I shant on the stage.

Tr0ubleclef
Org Profile

Post by Tr0ubleclef » Fri May 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Addendum: Things you Didn't Know Were Turned into Musicals
Because Broadway is an industry, just like Hollywood, and will remake, remodel, and reboot ANYTHING.

Amelie! That adorable french film has been turned into a darling musical starring the original Eliza from Hamilton.
Groundhog Day
Matilda - Based on my favorite Roald Dahl book, not the movie, but definitely worth a listen.
Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 is based off a 80-page section of War and Peace because ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, can be a musical.
Bring it On - Cause they do all that cheerleader shit live now, and it's fucking awesome. Oh, and Lin Manuel Miranda worked on it. I guess that may help convince you.
Heathers - everyone's favorite satirical 80s film that's a little more uncomfortable every year gets the musical treatment.
Elf - yes.
Shrek - I know.
Rocky - I meant everything.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Fri May 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm in and I know exactly what I want to do!

Anime: Sailor Moon; the original one, not the remake
Song: What is this Feeling?
Song Artist: Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel
Broadway: Wicked the Musical
Editor: moezy-chan

I've had this idea for years...guess which characters I'm using XD

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:44 pm

(oh geez, after reading the rules on this, you just want me to be the villain, don't you Marija? xD)

Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Song: Burn
Song Artist: Phillipa Soo
Broadway: Hamilton
Editor: CamiChan19

:bzz2: *shotshotshot* :bzz2:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat May 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Camichan19 wrote:(oh geez, after reading the rules on this, you just want me to be the villain, don't you Marija? xD)

Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Song: Burn
Song Artist: Phillipa Soo
Broadway: Hamilton
Editor: CamiChan19

:bzz2: *shotshotshot* :bzz2:
Camille with the powermoves :asd:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”