The Disney MEP V: [Cancelled]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:42 am

Hi! Just uploaded first beta. Going to put up a claim for some more songs, but just to make sure, I can withdraw these said requests if things get too busy for me to finish right? Really enjoying this project and loving all the betas I see so far too :D

Anime: Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Song: Gift of A Friend
Song Artist: Demi Lovato
Disney Film: Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure
Editor: TheDestineeAMV

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 am

TheDestineeAMV wrote:Hi! Just uploaded first beta. Going to put up a claim for some more songs, but just to make sure, I can withdraw these said requests if things get too busy for me to finish right? Really enjoying this project and loving all the betas I see so far too :D

Anime: Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Song: Gift of A Friend
Song Artist: Demi Lovato
Disney Film: Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure
Editor: TheDestineeAMV
added :up: And yep. If a combination doesn't work out, you you're unable to finish it, you can always withdraw it :D

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Uploaded my proof of concept. It's rough and I know there's mistakes so feel free to criticize! Don't be surprised if I finish this in a week though. I'm having fun editing it!

And since there are other betas I'll comment on them!

A Dragon Like Me Really really entertaining amv! It's a bit bittersweet for me to hear this song though...I'm a HUGE Robin Williams fan and took his suicide personally and this song always makes me tear up...but I still enjoyed the beta! It's a pretty fast song and you kept up with the pace pretty well. The only criticism I have is the noticeable drop in quality at 20 seconds. Other than that it's perfect!

Go the Distance Never saw this anime before but you portrayed it really well! I can tell throughout the amv that this is a character that is trying to overcome the difficulties in his life and did a really good job with lyric matching. The only criticism I really have on this is the excessive amount of lip flap during the instrumental. Also from 1:41 to 1:46 the music becomes really dramatic but the clips you used weren't that dramatic. I would see about changing them to something epic happening. Besides that the amv is really good!

SilverLugia345
Org Profile

Post by SilverLugia345 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:50 pm

moezy-chan wrote:
Go the Distance Never saw this anime before but you portrayed it really well! I can tell throughout the amv that this is a character that is trying to overcome the difficulties in his life and did a really good job with lyric matching. The only criticism I really have on this is the excessive amount of lip flap during the instrumental. Also from 1:41 to 1:46 the music becomes really dramatic but the clips you used weren't that dramatic. I would see about changing them to something epic happening. Besides that the amv is really good!
Thank you for the feedback on that section, I actually wasn't sure what to add there, I was debating between a few voiceovers (if it was allowed) with the clips or just the clips themselves. I do agree with you that looking at it now the clips don't seem to match the feel and pace to that section of the song. I will go back and try to adjust the clips so that they match better for that. If I may ask, how was the syncing with the character singing a few lyrics throughout the song? That was one of the focuses I had when editing some of the sections for my part.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:28 pm

SilverLugia345 wrote:
moezy-chan wrote:
Thank you for the feedback on that section, I actually wasn't sure what to add there, I was debating between a few voiceovers (if it was allowed) with the clips or just the clips themselves. I do agree with you that looking at it now the clips don't seem to match the feel and pace to that section of the song. I will go back and try to adjust the clips so that they match better for that. If I may ask, how was the syncing with the character singing a few lyrics throughout the song? That was one of the focuses I had when editing some of the sections for my part.
You're welcome. Sadly I can't help you cause I've never seen the anime...but good luck! And yeah that section seems a little slow. Instrumentals are hard...x_x mainly why I haven't added any clips in my beta yet lol. I save that for last...and imo it looks like you just put a clip on the timeline and hoped that the lip flap would sync. In some parts it syncs well and in others it doesn't. If you are going to lip sync you need to intentionally edit it that it matches up. If you can edit it a bit I think it would look great and personalize the song with the main character.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 am

Really happy that you guys have already started uploading your betas and giving suggestions to each other :awesome: . Just letting everyone know that I personally won't have time to offer critique or suggestions on people videos until June (or in other words, after I MomoCon :sweat: ). But keep dem videos coming! At the very least, I'll make sure to watch them and update the status on the track claimed list

TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 am

@moezy-chan Okay so that wasn't just me then? Yeah I'll admit I noticed that too, but for some reason, no matter how many times I tried, the quality for that particular scene would not improve so I thought that was the best it could do. A little confused as to how that could happen though, because I was told that ripping a DVD would give me the best quality... :? I guess I could try using another clip for that section of the amv. Thanks for the feedback tho :D

If I may also return the feedback: Your video was really cute too, and I love that song you used. I especially enjoy the movement flow between each scene. The only thing I can say right now as of watching the proof of concept you have is that there is a dramatic change in color. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but an example would be at about 12 seconds of your proof video, where it went from light blue sky to a dark red sunset in the blink of an eye which was slightly distracting to me. But it also could be me being a nitpick about it, since small details like that bother somewhat bother me when I am editing. Other than that, I love it, and I can't wait to see your full beta!

Also Erik, for my last claimed song, the song length goes on to about 3:28. I know you have a cap at 3:00, but when I cut the music and tried editing the AMV around that, the song length really bothers me for the concept I am trying to portray. Is it possible to have an exception or will you stick fast to the rules? If the rules cannot be changed whatsoever, then I completely understand and I will work with the song as is.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Tue May 02, 2017 6:37 pm

TheDestineeAMV wrote:@moezy-chan Okay so that wasn't just me then? Yeah I'll admit I noticed that too, but for some reason, no matter how many times I tried, the quality for that particular scene would not improve so I thought that was the best it could do. A little confused as to how that could happen though, because I was told that ripping a DVD would give me the best quality... :? I guess I could try using another clip for that section of the amv. Thanks for the feedback tho :D
Yeah it's happened to me too at times when I render...I hate when it happens! But yeah if you can't fix it I'd recommend replacing the clip. And you're welcome!
TheDestineeAMV wrote:If I may also return the feedback: Your video was really cute too, and I love that song you used. I especially enjoy the movement flow between each scene. The only thing I can say right now as of watching the proof of concept you have is that there is a dramatic change in color. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but an example would be at about 12 seconds of your proof video, where it went from light blue sky to a dark red sunset in the blink of an eye which was slightly distracting to me. But it also could be me being a nitpick about it, since small details like that bother somewhat bother me when I am editing. Other than that, I love it, and I can't wait to see your full beta!
Thank you! I'm enjoying editing it so far. And just rewatched it. I can see what you mean. Didn't notice it the first time...I don't want to change that clip so I'll play around with either color corrector or black/white. I should be able to transition it so it's not as drastic. Thank you for your advice!

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 pm

3 weeks later...my amv is finished! Took longer than I thought it would. Doesn't help that I want to use the OVA but it doesn't come out til September so I have no choice but to go with the footage I have. I uploaded it as a beta so if anyone is going to criticize on quality please don't. When I render as a beta I cut the quality in half. Besides that please feel free to give any constructed criticism. I'm open to suggestions if you think my track could be better.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Submitting another amv:

Anime: Koe no Katachi
Song: Someone's Waiting for You
Song Artist: Shelby Flint
Disney Film: The Rescuers
Editor: moezy-chan

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”