Please help!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Acronoss
Org Profile

Please help!

Post by Acronoss » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm

My AMV got taken down 3 times now and i dont know what to do!
I used a Tokyo ghoul footage and music by tool.I got a copyright strike by Marvelous Inc.Please help!

exkcal
Org Profile

Re: Please help!

Post by exkcal » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:01 am

You can send him counter measures. My video got uncopyrighted because they didnt reply within 30 days.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: Please help!

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:19 am

You can try what exkcal said, I did cross reference the name Marvelous Inc. with the Japanese companies involved in Tokyo Ghoul over on anime news network. I didn't find a Marvelous Inc, but there was a Marvelous AQL involved in the production. So you may want to tread a bit carefully when sending counter measures as it does seem to be a legit claim and they have every right to take leagal action against you if they so choose. There haven't been any cases where this has happened, at least not to my knowledge, but it is something to keep in mind. Sometime the big companies don't have time to revisit every case and what happened in Exkcal's case happens others it's just they deny your claim and it's in the same boat it is in now, but they do have the option to pruse legal action if you presist. Not trying to scare you off from the hobby but it is something to keep in mind.

Return to “General AMV”