Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest 2017

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
kitten1987
Org Profile

Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest 2017

Post by kitten1987 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:56 pm

These are the rules for Anime Mid Atlantic 2017 AMV Contest. I'll be hosting the AMV Contest this year for AMA.
Submission Deadline - Sunday, May 7th, 2017 11:59 PM PST
There will be NO EXTENSION beyond this date! If you have any personal reasons for needing an extention PLEASE email me.
All entries MUST be submitted no later then this.
Any entry arriving later will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!!
**If you know your entry will be a day or two late, you must contact me BEFORE the deadline passes.**

THIS YEAR WE WILL NOT BE ADDING ANY NEW CATEGORIES. Don't worry I have something fun planned for next year. But I couldn't get everything together in time to make it happen this year. I'll be making an announcement later this summer as i talk things out and get plans finalized and worked out.

THIS YEAR'S CONTEST WILL BE PG-13 NOT PG. SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING AND SUBMITTING!

Categories:

- Action
- Comedy
- Drama
- Romance
- Upbeat
- Movie Trailer

The top five submissions in each category are voted on by the audience. Our hand-selected panel of judges and the convention chairman choose our special Judge’s favorite and Chairman’s Awards respectively.

Submission Form:

PLEASE READ THIS SECTION THOROUGHLY!

You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(S) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT
- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to

You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.

To make things easier, we would prefer that you use the naming convention of “Editor’s name – AMV title” to name both your AMV and submission form so that we can make sure to keep them together. (i.e. “John Smith – My AMV.avi” and “John Smith – My AMV.txt”)

Please use a reputable upload site (ex Dropbox, Mega.co.nz, Google Drive, or AnimeMusicVideos.org) and send the download link to this email. Please DO NOT use file share sites that require some form of paid membership in order to effectively use it, because I will tell you to try a different site or else your entry will be disqualified.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE US! The contest is open all citizens but due to the extreme cost and hassle in shipping overseas we will NOT ship any trophies/rewards outside of the US. IF you live outside of the US you may still enter and if you are willing to cover ALL shipping costs than we will be more than happy to send your trophy/reward to you. PLEASE JUST LET US KNOW IN YOUR SUBMISSION FORM IF YOU AGREE TO THIS.

Submission Format:

All submissions must meet the following standards:UPDATED!
- 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 480 resolution (16:9) or no less than 640x480 (4:3)
- 23.976 and 29.97 are strongly preferred; 24, 25, 59.94, and 60 are also acceptable.
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 32000, 41000, or 48000 Hz audio

Video (in order of preference):
- MPEG 2
- MPEG 1
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)

Audio:
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

Rules:

0) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED from the Anime Mid Atlantic AMV contest now and in the future

1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.

2) The following excessive materials are NOT allowed: nudity, excessive blood, foul language lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities.

3) NO BUMPERS or CREDITS will be permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals.

4) A maximum of three submissions per person (one per category) is allowed.

5) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. Live action is allowed as long as your video remains mostly anime / video game. If you do use video game sources, make sure they are Japanese-produced.

6) Submissions can be no older than June 2016 and can't have won more than 6 major awards in past contests at time of submission.

7a) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.

7b) Your video will be disqualified if there are any logos (licenced trademark or otherwise), watermarks, Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles - CHECK YOUR WORK before submitting! You ARE allowed to produce your own subtitles. All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled-out submission form. (see above)

8) We can't stress this enough! ALL submission forms must be in some form of txt document. I WILL NOT accept Email submission forms this year due to it possibly getting lost in my inbox and trying to figure out what submission form goes to what video. That being said if you still want to include it in an email that's perfectly FINE but i will STILL require an actual txt document to be in the dropbox or as an attachment in the email if you send a download link.

9) All submitted materials become the property of Anime Mid Atlantic, and are non-returnable.

10) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.
(PROTIP: do not make AMVs with downloaded video or poor-sounding audio. ^.^)

11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show at the convention. If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery. (or if you are at the viewing and want to leave me a way of contacting you, in case your video wins, if you know you wont be at the award show than please feel free to do so. the less i have to mail the better ^.^)

12) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. BUT if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots (if we have leftovers) than please feel free to ask me and my staff will be more than happy to help. But I wll make sure to post the finalists this year. Last year something happened and it seems it never got posted so I will be (re)posting them as soon as I'm done this.

13) Anime Mid Atlantic is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.

14) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to make your entry suitable for screening, we will contact you as soon as possible.

15) All members of the Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Staff and judging panel are prohibited from entering this contest. They may still submit their videos to be shown during the non-competitive exhibition.

Email all entries and any questions to taiga_izumi@hotmail.com.
Good luck everybody and hope to see some great videos for this years contest.

kitten1987
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest 2017

Post by kitten1987 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Greetings everyone. I've decided to extend the deadline til 11:59pm PST Tuesday May 9th (2:59am EST Wednesday May 10th). I'm doing this incase anyone needs just a smidge more time to fine tune their work. So please use this this extension wisely. This will be the only one.
Last edited by kitten1987 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm

FINALISTS!!!!!!!

MoonieAMV
Studio Hawk
AntaresHeart07
D-Monsta
cdlang84
Davis 51
drewaconclusion
King Redeem
Toon Addict Productions
Marboroshi Studio
Rider4Z
pwcaga1272
MinetChan
Tigrin
AMV-X
Joskua
TheDestineeAMV
Studio le Croc
ai_love_gaara
Allegoriest
Gina Nelson
TheAsian777

These are your 2017 Finalists. Congratulations you guys. and great job to everyone who submitted this year. If you wanna watch these videos fight it out in person there are still badges available for purchase.
Last edited by kitten1987 on Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm

FINALISTS/WINNERS!!!

Trailers

1. Paranoia Things by King Redeem
2. Heaven Falls by Joskua
3. Sailor Mars by MinetChan
4. Re: Seventeen by TheDestineeAMV
5. Baccano Squad by Rider4Z (Best Trailer)

Upbeat

6. #TalkSkatingToMe by Gina Nelson (Best Upbeat)
7. Mr. Morioh Nice Guy by Studio Hawk
8. DeCake by AntaresHeart07
9. A Sporting Chance by Tigrin
10. Let's Party Up! by TheAsian777

Drama

11. Deep End by MinetChan
12. Stay With Me by AMV-X
13. 32 Degree Symphony by Rider4Z
14. Audacity by pwcagal272 (Best Drama)
15. Just 5 Yen by Tigrin

Action

16. The Boy Who Going To Save The World by D-Monsta
17. An Instrumental Butt Whoopin by MoonieAMV
18. Riot! by AntaresHeart07
19. Vroom!!! by cdlang84
20. Gurren – An American Musical by Studio Hawk (Best Action)

Romance

21. Hearts On Ice by MinetChan
22. Pixel Perfect by King Redeem (Best Romance)
23. Brush With Love by ai_love_gaara
24. Yellow Ribbon by Allegoriest
25. A Better Place by Studio le Croc

Comedy

26. Pete's Dragon Maid by Toon Addict Productions
27. H2Otakon by Davis 51 (Coordinator's Choice)
28. In Digestion by drewaconclusion (Judge's Choice)
29. When S#!T Happens by Maboroshi Studio
30. One Horn Man by King Redeem (Best Comedy/ Best In SHOW)

There Was No Con-Chair Award Given Out This Year
Last edited by kitten1987 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 pm

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me as well! :3c
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Friendly bump of the rules~
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:48 pm

just a friendly reminder folks the deadline is fast approaching and we still need a ton more entries for every category.

Yaku厄
Org Profile

Post by Yaku厄 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

When is the deadline?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Yaku厄 wrote:When is the deadline?
kitten1987 wrote:These are the rules for Anime Mid Atlantic 2017 AMV Contest. I'll be hosting the AMV Contest this year for AMA.
Submission Deadline - Sunday, May 7th, 2017 11:59 PM PST

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 am

Less than a month away!

Return to “AMV Contests”