Blue Exorcist

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: Ao no Exorcist

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:40 am

Caught up to 25 =3
I cant wait for the end ^-^ one more to go.
Overall, I think its been okay. I'm not a huge fan of how fast its ending but meh .. =D

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Last ep:
Spoiler :
The ending wasn't too bad. it was a pretty epic battle, which sooorta made up fort he lack of battles in...well, the entire show. I hoped they would make Satan's sob story a lie made to confuse Yukio, but it seems like they played it straight. That mass of mirrors was incredibly convenient, I might add XD

Apparently a movie has been green-lit...I can't imagine what it would cover, seeing as they tied up a lot of plotlines here. Should be interesting.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm

I watched the first 11 episodes weekly thinking it was great, took a break for a few months came back and WTF?!

This show was awesome until it veered off the original plotline and went into something crazy about:
Spoiler :
Hagaren Viper wrote:Satan. Freaking Satan. I figured they would have an interesting, compelling reason for him to choose Yuri to give birth to his children, but what is the reason? "BAAW I DONT WANT TO BURN THE THINGS I LOVE". What. "BTW what is life?" WHAT. You're totally allowed to take Satan's general 'character' and change it a bit, but this is just...making him kind of a moron. Yuri's reasoning for accepting him was kinda cheap too.
For someone like me who reads the manga, seeing this kinda thing happen just made me LOL. :rofl: I actually sat there watching the last few episodes going "wtf" and mainly laughing at Satan. But I suppose the nice fighting scenes sorta made up for it in the end. :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Blue Exorcist

Post by seasons » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 pm

New episodes are actually on Hulu, possibly the only new anime that they've put up in almost a year. Since 1st quarter of January 2016, they've kept a the same few dozen (100-200 or so) older series that they've always had (I mean, aside from the 200 or 300 that they dumped from their service 8 months or so ago) and aired nothing new at all. Seeing this suddenly show up was a big surprise.

Apparently not a sequel, but a new arc that starts up about 2/3 of the way through the original series? Episode one really hits the spot if you've literally got nothing else to watch instead.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm

The original series pulled a full metal alchemist (original series) and deviated from the original manga part way through, so this series is basically pulling an FMA brotherhood and going back to the source material from where they split off. I read the manga for a bit after the original series but it hit a hiatus and I didn't pick it back up after it came back. I've forgotten like 90% of it by this point which I guess is good as I'll be able to enjoy this new series relatively spoiler free.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, I was glad that they threw away the last few episodes of Season 1 instead of trying to shoehorn in a fix. They even had flashbacks to that point so you know exactly where the break happened.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 pm

So from here on out, this is the REAL end to the series?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 am

seasons wrote:So from here on out, this is the REAL end to the series?
haven't read the manga, but I think it's still ongoing. So I don't think they will use the anime to end it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 pm

yea, manga is still ongoing, I havn't caught up, but Imagine this will run through one of the major arcs and then stop, similar to D.gray man's season last year.

Emerald Leong
Org Profile

Post by Emerald Leong » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:39 am

I love this series. Season one was awesome and fun if upsetting at times (I did not like them turning on Rin), but the ending was really kinda off. I only just got the time for the new season< so I really hope it's good. I did read some of the manga, but not too much.
Life is as bright as you make it :jester:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”