Pc for editing

SioUchiha
Org Profile

Pc for editing

Post by SioUchiha » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Hello, this is my first post on this site so sorry if this isn't the right thread for this post.
Anyways, I just started doing amvs and I've been using Final cut pro since I have MacBook Air.
I want to get adobe premier and after effects because I've seen some really cool amvs that were made with these programs but I have 0 knowledge about computers and these 2 programs so I don't know how to install them and what pc would work smoothly with these programs.
Could someone please suggest some pc's I could buy that are cheap and run these 2 programs smoothly and how to download these 2 programs?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Pc for editing

Post by Mol » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Adobe Premiere and After Effects are mac compatible. As about pc depends what you want to do other than editing i guess.
Still better than that MMO.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:30 am

If you're using Final Cut Pro already you're pretty much using the mac equivalent of Adobe Premier Pro, but if you want to spend the extra money and get Adobe Premier it will allow you to import into After Effects easier, but you can still use after effects in conjunction with Final Cut Pro. As for downloading the programs legally you can do it through adobe's website. I think creative cloud is what they're doing currently... I do not believe they are still releasing stand alone suites anymore just through creative cloud where you pay a subscription fee and you just keep the programs as long as you pay and they keep them up to date for you. However I suppose I could be wrong, and there is also the possibility you could find an older hard copy version someone is selling used.

My PC runs Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects fine, but I built it myself for a few thousand and it's also used as a gaming pc. I used to edit on a laptop (but that was back when I first started with WMM and Sony Vegas) and that was still about a thousand. I don't know how well it would have run Adobe though as I only had the standard WMM and Sony Vegas on it.
You'd probably want a pc with at least 8gb of ram, probably look for a higher core'd cpu as it will help with speed. Graphics Card isn't as super important but I know that if you get an NVidia Card that Adobe works with them and some of their cards work a bit better with certain things in after effects (though I have an ati/radeon card so you don't necessarily need an NVidia card) . You can probably get the exact specs that you need to run the software from Adobe's website though which would be a bit more of better idea of what you need to look at in a pc.

SioUchiha
Org Profile

Post by SioUchiha » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 am

Im not sure how to reply but if I use Final Cut Pro X and After Effect is it better and easier than using After Effects and Premier Pro? Im new to editing and these programs but i would like to get simple programs that are easy to understand but at the same time make good amvs

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 am

Supriosingly Final cut and premeire are kinda similiar, but it should be easier with premiere since it cooperates with ae more.
Still better than that MMO.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:01 am

Mol wrote:Supriosingly Final cut and premeire are kinda similiar, but it should be easier with premiere since it cooperates with ae more.
Final Cut X is "Storyboard" based, Premiere is not. They're not that similar as far as placement on the timeline. But it should be much easier for someone go to from FCX to Premiere than the reverse.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

AkselVerg
Org Profile

Post by AkselVerg » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 am

If to be frank to the end, to create a video you do not need very powerful computers. Honestly, you have enough just a laptop, obviously not gaming. Some even manage to make video on tablets. Firstly, look at the system requirements of the program you are going to use, and then just compare them with the characteristics of a laptop or PC. Here's a selection of good laptops, if they are too expensive or you just do not like them - on the Internet, there is a bunch of such tops, I just chose the first one to be just an example) https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/best-ultrabook
Also, look through the netbooks, Not sure, but maybe they will be able to work with videomakers, but they are much cheaper.) :D

Return to “Hardware Discussion”