What are your thoughts about Trump winning the election?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: What are your thoughts about Trump winning the election?

Post by Kionon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 am

Trump is a fascist. Trump is a fascist. Trump is a fascist.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 pm

seasons wrote:
ngsilver wrote:
slimed wrote:did you not watch the debates?
No. I didn't have time to spend watching something that the majority of the country doesn't watch. I already made up my mind about both candidates long before the first debate between them so wasn't much use for me.
Being a low-information voter (or not?) in a swing state with the lowest margin difference in the results isn't quite the badge of honor you're making it out to be.
First time I've ever heard of Michigan being considered a swing state. We're primarily a blue state, especially the area I come from, Detroit. And I never said anything about being a low-information voter. I pull my info from many locations and the debates are not one of them and never have been. I also am proudly neither Democrat or Republican so if we talk straight ticket obviously both sides of the coin here don't get my vote, never have, and most likely never will. So if 3rd parties are not in the debate what reason do I need to view them when it's just a platform for the 2 big parties to talk and no one else is allowed. It's an issue with this '2 party' system we apparently have and I have issues with that. Just saiyan |:>

Also, I don't take anything said so far as an attack, even if it was meant to be. Politics and religion are heavily debated and heated topics and mostly I prefer to keep out of such conversations. I also like to play devils advocate and rarely speak for myself directly but instead for others when I do debate on political topics so as with anything you see on the internet, take what I say with a grain of salt, I could just be yanking some chains :awesome:
ImageImageImageImage

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Kionon wrote:Trump is a fascist. Trump is a fascist. Trump is a fascist.
I have nothing further to add to this post.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:27 am

It was a bit of a surprise. This election seemed like it's all fun and games till Trump is elected. Trump was taken as a joke, so people were at ease knowing he couldn't possibly win, and bam he's in the white house, lol. I don't even believe in this made believe political system.
It's all corrupt and rigged to the bone. Regardless of whoever would have gotten elected the outcome will never change.
Obama came with the promise of ending all wars and started several after being elected.
But, it does bring discrimination and fuel the wrong crowd within US that look up to their elected president views on other religion and races as something acceptable. There could be a rise in hate crimes that's for sure.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:53 pm

I personally think that Trump is the better choice my main reason to like Trump is that he seems very anti PC Culture which is a big plus in my book.
It's probably "okay" that you believe this, since you don't live here and you probably wouldn't even vote if you did. But to the extent that you actually believe this is a real thing, you've been completely fooled. And I know, it helps you make sense of your life. It feels good to be racist, to bully women, to call people crybabies for asking people to be nice and respectful. It feels good to wield power over others, to tell them that their concerns aren't real, that they don't have any reason to be upset, that there's nothing wrong with the world and that the only thing that's wrong is them. That feels good. Bullying feels good. I was bullied in school, but I also bullied others and that felt fucking amazing. So I get where you're coming from. When your life is a joke and you've got nothing else to feel good about, sticking it to people who are weaker than you, who have no easy instant-comeback that can put you in your place, feels great, and of course you don't want to give that up. That feeling crosses boarders, it's probably the same in your corner of the world as it is here. With the Internet, it's all the same. Heck, that's your space, that's your world, the idea that anyone would want you to tone it down or think twice about saying anything probably feels really oppressive to you! Even if that hasn't actually happened to you, the idea of it happening probably feels like an insult to you. The idea that Trump will...fight for your rights to mock women or trans people (?), I don't know, whatever you're worried about having to stop doing, isn't really going to happen, but I guess his win psychologically validates your urge to bully people, so if that feels good, I hope you got a nice little thrill out of it.
I think that Trump won because he seems more honest and Hillary just seems so much more manipulative and dishonest.
I guess I don't understand this statement. Are you saying that he's "honest" because he's honest about his feelings? Like, he's honest in the sense that he really believes that all immigrants are rapists or that women lie about being raped or things like that? Is that the kind of "honesty" that you're referring to? What are you getting at? Are you actually describing Donald Trump as an honest person, someone who does not tell lies?

If you actually have an opinion about Donald Trump, then it stands to reason that you have actually paid attention to him over the last year and listened to some of the things he's been saying. Did you actually do this, or have you just heard rumors about him and enjoyed supporting him as an abstract figure that you don't actually know anything about?

I mean, you know he's a transparently dishonest con man who routinely lies in public on a daily basis, right? You have to understand that describing Donald Trump as "honest" is like...I don't even have words for this. You could be trolling. We'll never know, and trying to engage you honestly could be a tremendous waste of time, which could be just what you want.

Of course Hillary "seems more manipulative and dishonest," she was professionally smeared for 30 years and there's a massive part of the electorate in the United States that simply hates her for a bunch of fabricated reasons cooked up by the right-wing media who has effectively turned her into this guy. I'm confident that you haven't absorbed these from where you're at so it's reasonable that you're just buying into that belief for reasons that just affirms your worldview and your inherent distrust of certain people.
Here's to hoping that he doesn't nuke some country or something.
Do you think that's funny?
May the meme magic that elected him stay with him over his 4 year presidency :sorcerer:
The Internet is making young kids think racism is cool, and you're really happy about that for some reason.

Aside from a few super-prolific editors on the Org, I tend to associate most people here that I kind of, sort of know with one or two AMVs that they've made. Last year, you released this one, which was inspired by some things that really affect me. So I guess I felt like we had something in common, which is why I feel... disappointed? Confused? Frustrated by the fact that you're...amused by the fact that someone could rape your mom or your sister or whatever, and basically be promoted for it? That you think nuclear war is a joke, worth laughing about, less important than putting "SJWs" in their place or whatever?

Do you have any goals in your life? What are you working for? What's important to you?

Not quoting your post because you seem to be taking time off from here and I get the feeling that's a good thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:59 pm

SeNniN wrote:Regardless of whoever would have gotten elected the outcome will never change.
This statement is cynical and lazy and shows a massive lack of imagination, unless you really think that climate change is fake and don't know the basics about how the Supreme Court works.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:52 pm

seasons wrote:
SeNniN wrote:Regardless of whoever would have gotten elected the outcome will never change.
This statement is cynical and lazy and shows a massive lack of imagination, unless you really think that climate change is fake and don't know the basics about how the Supreme Court works.
chill... no need to get all excited now. Why exactly are you even butt hurt? I'm simply sharing my opinion on our current political structure, so calm your tits and stop being cynical here over someone having an actual opinion that you don't share. Welcome to the real world, here people will have their own say. If anything, I'm the one with imagination to think outside of the box rather then being a sheep that follows the herd.
Can you say baa Seasons? :bear:

Return to “General Discussion”