What are your thoughts about Trump winning the election?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jt_x
Org Profile

What are your thoughts about Trump winning the election?

Post by jt_x » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:01 am

So against all odds Trump won the election.
I didn't think he could win given all the manipulation from the media and Hillary's Campaign, there was even an article that stated that Hillary didn't even think about Trump anymore. I think it's fair to say that everyone thought that Hillary would win, even the Southpark creators had to make some last minute changes to an episode cause they wrote it with the assumption that Hillary would win. Having said that what are your thoughts on Trump winning the election ?

My own thoughts:
Spoiler :
I personally think that Trump is the better choice my main reason to like Trump is that he seems very anti PC Culture which is a big plus in my book. I think that Trump won because he seems more honest and Hillary just seems so much more manipulative and dishonest. Here's to hoping that he doesn't nuke some country or something. May the meme magic that elected him stay with him over his 4 year presidency :sorcerer:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: What are your thoughts about Trump winning the election?

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm dissapointed but not surprised.

The dems failed to understand the importance of actually discussing the issues, debating, and talking. Instead they fronted a dishonest republican (if you think Clinton is anything but, you were duped) who offered no change and spent the mass majority of her campaign basically saying, "Look at this douche. Look at him! He's a douche. Don't vote for a douche!" and all that did is put more spotlight on Trump and the fact that he actually DID have opinions, actually DID discuss the issues. Doesn't matter if we didn't like his views. They were different. Could Bernie have beaten him? Who knows, hind sight is 20/20. But it would have been a much more interesting and much less one sided race.

I mean, collectively neither side could convince over half of the eligible voters in the country to actually turn out... That right there speaks volumes to me.
ImageImageImageImage

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

did you not watch the debates? hillary discussed her plans thoroughly. i feel that your depiction of clinton actually applies to trump. they both definitely took jabs at each other back and forth, i'd say trump more so. but at least clinton discussed policies in addition to that. those voting trump into office aren't the type of people who care about issues, they like how unaffiliated with "politics" he is. trump's plans were "i will defeat isis." "i will make jobs." "i will make america great again." just ambiguous phrases that the uneducated working class will eat up. those are the people who were taken advantage of and those are the people i expect to be neglected over the course of the next four years.

anyway to answer op. not surprising at all with america's current social state. i think he's a shounen manga villain and that his supporters are misguided. unfortunate outcome

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:53 pm

it's interesting to see that people aren't surprised that he won. Even in my country the media was very much pro hillary biased and due to this I thought that he would lose.
slimed wrote:but at least clinton discussed policies in addition to that
yeah but she also had all the questions from the debates beforehand according to the leaked wiki leaks emails. This is the reason why trump was so defensive in the debates he just didn't have things planned out well enough which he simply wasn't able to due to the manipulation that was going on.
southpark summed it up perfectly
slimed wrote:i think he's a shounen manga villain and that his supporters are misguided. unfortunate outcome
the guy that is honest is the villain ? haha yeah sure.

I agree with ngsilver Hillary's campaign was just fucking brain dead they even turned pepe into a fucking hate symbol just cause someone screamed "PEPE!" at a Hillary rally, I mean how out of touch with reality can one be ?

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:48 am

To be honest I have mixed feelings about, but I would still have mixed feelings if Hillary won too. I feel like Trump might be bennificial to the United States Fiscally, but his social ideals I don't really agree with. Meanwhile Hillary I don't know how much I'd really want to trust her. The FBI may have said that they didn't find any conclusive evidence but anyone else in that situation wouldn't have even been able to run for president. On top of that she still broke the law with her servers and like not being able to run for president while under investigation like anyone else, anyone else would probablly be in jail right now. That being said Trump also went under investigation during his run for sexual assault alligations so really he shouldn't have been in the running at that point either.
Regardless they both suck, but Trump's the president now, so while he's kind of an asshole and I'm a bit worried about somethings that he say's he'll implement, hopefully I'll be proven wrong and he'll do a good job all around. Hopefully I'll be worried about stuff for nothing.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

slimed wrote:did you not watch the debates?
No. I didn't have time to spend watching something that the majority of the country doesn't watch. I already made up my mind about both candidates long before the first debate between them so wasn't much use for me. What I have seen however is the abundance of ads on TV (which is where the majority of people actually get their political fill for the day) which were nothing but attack after attack. I saw news cast after news cast that mainly focused on how bad Trump was. Issues were rarely discussed, but I didn't expect them to be. This really hasn't changed in the 16 years since I started actually paying attention to things like politics.

If you know where to look you can easily find the actual stances that each candidate holds on topics without having to watch debates, TV, or browse social media. However the majority of people, especially voting age, don't do this. They eat up whatever the media, TV, and social media feeds them.

In the end I am dissapointed but not surprised. However I don't think things will be any where near as bad as we were all led to believe by the media, Clinton, and even Trump's words himself during the campaign. I've seen it over and over again, promises made during a campaign that NEVER come true. I've researched back long before I was born and noticed this hasn't changed really either. Sure, there is a tone that we have been used to these past 8 years that will change. But overall who the president is makes very little impact on individual lives. The world will go on. I think we'll all be surprised at how PC Trump actually can be.

If not... well... the 5th of November isn't THAT far away.....
ImageImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:16 am

Trump is a fascist. Bannon, Sessions, and his other cabinet picks prove it. Buckle up if you're not a Christian straight cisgender able-bodied white male. Because shit's about to get real.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:20 pm

jt_x wrote:My own thoughts:
Spoiler :
I personally think that Trump is the better choice my main reason to like Trump is that he seems very anti PC Culture which is a big plus in my book. I think that Trump won because he seems more honest and Hillary just seems so much more manipulative and dishonest. Here's to hoping that he doesn't nuke some country or something. May the meme magic that elected him stay with him over his 4 year presidency :sorcerer:
Are these your people?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/t ... story.html
jt_x wrote:southpark summed it up perfectly
South Park is gross.

ngsilver wrote:
slimed wrote:did you not watch the debates?
No. I didn't have time to spend watching something that the majority of the country doesn't watch. I already made up my mind about both candidates long before the first debate between them so wasn't much use for me.
Being a low-information voter (or not?) in a swing state with the lowest margin difference in the results isn't quite the badge of honor you're making it out to be.
ngsilver wrote:he actually DID have opinions, actually DID discuss the issues.
Outside of sound bites that did not indicate any degree of intellectual curiosity or acknowledgment of the inherent complexity of any issue he was "addressing," Trump did not coherently articulate a single policy position in any detail whatsoever.

We could all discuss why that was or why that actually worked in his favor but that's a subjective argument. Describing his campaign persona some kind of policy wonk is straight up gaslighting.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:25 pm

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to make that post, because I don't want to attack anyone here that I like or respect and inevitably, that's probably how it's going to come out.

I could post a lot more about that I'm going to get a haircut right now.

Return to “General Discussion”